FWA Sign TV Deal with TWC

PC316

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but wrestling is the bastard child of entertainment, and as long as WWE has no self-respect, wrestling in general will get no respect, and as long as there's stories about paedophiles and ultraviolence to cover, there will never be serious interest from other channels in wrestling.

• Paid Members

I will be waiting until Alex Shane releases his statement before I go to into this but I will say this.As far as I can see it all boils down to this...No other British promotion, regardless of weather they are ready for TV, will be frozen out for the next 5 Years due to FWA's exclusive deal.So, in my humble opinion, this is bad for British wrestling.

There are more extreme sports videos out there than there are WWF, its just they arent all as big a seller.

'aren't as big a seller'.Hence 'wrestling has a larger audience'.Thank you.

And my case for the Extreme sports channel surviving is that there is no other channel that covers any factor of sport. TWC's biggest opponent is the WWE shows put out on sky sports and sky one. Its a losing battle from the start, and having only one company represent british wrestling aint gonna help much.

Channel 4 and Five have shown extreme sports, as well as Bravo.And for the millionth time, TWC doesn't give a shit about British wrestling, reviving the business, showcasing the business or burying the business.They are in the business of GETTING VIEWERS and they will show whatever they deem worthy. Obviously they never felt that any other British promotion would be much of a draw, hence signing the deal with FWA. Edited by ClassicsGuy

There are more extreme sports videos out there than there are WWF, its just they arent all as big a seller.

'aren't as big a seller'.

Hence 'wrestling has a larger audience'.

Thank you.

Of course some are made by small name pros that shift a few hundred copies, which is still more than anything by FWA standards.

Some of the bigger name videos *the CKY series, tony hawk's old stuff and a few of the Gravity Games* will rival WWE sales. The wwe have made tapes that sold as much as a randy savage album too.

Wrestling does not have a larger audience, its just that the majority of its audience is focused on one product.

And my case for the Extreme sports channel surviving is that there is no other channel that covers any factor of sport. TWC's biggest opponent is the WWE shows put out on sky sports and sky one. Its a losing battle from the start, and having only one company represent british wrestling aint gonna help much.

Channel 4 and Five have shown extreme sports, as well as Bravo.

Yeah, unlike sky they didnt sign a show that would attract 99% of extreme sports viewers to just watch that one show and forget everything else. Thats why the extreme sports channel survives BECAUSE IT COVERS THE WHOLE RANGE FROM SUCCESSFUL TO NON SUCCESSFUL

And for the millionth time, TWC doesn't give a shit about British wrestling, reviving the business, showcasing the business or burying the business.

They are in the business of GETTING VIEWERS and they will show whatever they deem worthy. Obviously they never felt that any other British promotion would be much a draw, hence signing the deal with FWA.

And whose opinion was that based on. As I suggested before the smart thing to do would to have given everyone a three month trial run and see who draws and who doesnt THEN offer out contracts. As I said, if FWA bombs then it will be shit for TWC cos they will have a useless contract that they would have to honour, and it would be shit for british wrestling because the other companies wouldnt be served justice in not been given the oppertunity to showcase their talent.

Whatever. I stand by what I said.If you can tell me the viewing figures for the Extreme Sports chanel, I'd be grateful. BARB doesn't include them in their counts, because anything under 10000 isn't recorded on the website.I never said Wrestling was more popular than Extreme Sports, I said it had a larger audience. I would also add to that that wrestling makes far more money.

I never said Wrestling was more popular than Extreme Sports, I said it had a larger audience. I would also add to that that wrestling makes far more money.

I dunno, I reckon Quicksilver, Mambo, Vans, Tony Hawk, all the companies that make wetsuits, surfboards, skateboards, pads etc. are probably raking it in.

I never said Wrestling was more popular than Extreme Sports, I said it had a larger audience. I would also add to that that wrestling makes far more money.

I dunno, I reckon Quicksilver, Mambo, Vans, Tony Hawk, all the companies that make wetsuits, surfboards, skateboards, pads etc. are probably raking it in.
More than Vince?

I think 5 years is a bit carried for a wrestling show. WWE only renew contracts for another year or two not FIVE all at once. The channel may not even last that long.How much do you think this has cost the FWA?

I think 5 years is a bit carried for a wrestling show. WWE only renew contracts for another year or two not FIVE all at once. The channel may not even last that long.How much do you think this has cost the FWA?

WWE signed a five year deal with Sky in December 1999. Edited by ClassicsGuy

More than Vince?
Yep.Combined worldwide, I'd reckon the extreme sports industry generates a great deal more revenue than the wrestling business.

More than Vince?
On videos alone, there is a possibility.Clothing merchandise too, t-shirts are the WWE's best seller, but again look at the number of clothes on the market related to extreme sports, vans shoes, airwalk hoodies.However on stuff like figurines, ticket sales, television deals etc Vince makes money where extreme sports cant.

WWE signed a five year deal with Sky in December 1999.
:/