Lock Up Your Sons - Channel 4 tonight 10.40pm

Guest Asylum

Next time the question of wrestling on terrestial rears it head, let's all remember C4's attitude. Give the prats publicity why don't you?That half-cocked Ki Krusher done by the two backyarders as Dropkixx looked absolutely horrendous. I think Tony Scarlo kept a VERY diplomatic face on the screen, much to his credit.An absolute embarrassment to the wrestling industry.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Elisar Cabrera

I'd like to think that the reason why the BYW fraternity was decreasingin size as it said on the docu was the proliferation of wrestling schoolsthat are opening up in the UK which didn't exist 5 years ago let aloneeven 2 years ago.I think rather than condemn, condemn, condemn the BYWers, why notactively encourage them to find a school and get themselves properlytrained? I'd imagine that most BYWers get into it because they don'teven know about the existence of wrestling schools in the UK. Hopefullythey will drop the BYW when they learn about the real risks they aretaking when a proper wrestling coach teaches them just the basics ofwrestling such as back bumping (which the docu quite rightly identifiedas being the real risk of BYW when kids don't know how to back bump).Without being taught the kids are unaware of the risks because theydon't see a few scratches and scrapes as being risky. The damage theyare doing is actually long term to their backs and spines - not evenmentioning the damage they are doing to their friends who they performmoves on. They won't feel it now but they will feel it when they are older.For any BYWer on this forum there is a list of schools on the FWA pageunder UK schools in the training section.

Guest Chris-Bell

This is why i'm glad I don't (can't actually) follow the the US Independant wrestling scene.

That's one of the most hideously uninformed comments I've ever heard on here.Go and tell that to guys like Homicide, CM Punk and American Dragon, or better yet, go and pick up some tapes and get rid of thatignorant opinion you have there.
Ok, lemme rephrase what I said earlier.I respect every wretler out there trying to make an honest buck. Although I have never seen CM Punk or American Dragon, I have heard positive things about them. This must mean that they are WRESTLERS! Even though I have not seen any myself, I have heard that most of the US Indy scene is just random carnage and has actually no wrestling. I am glad that I have not seen any of the "hardcore" US Indy scene.
Then you should be pleased to hear you are totally wrong and there is fantastic wrestling out there, with the hardcore stuff becoming more and more phased out day by day.
the thing is though its the same with backyard wrestling.I understand that PCWA (the fed witht hat tree jumper) and XHW (the kid who played with dolls) looked like absolute tits. They actually gave BYW a bad name, they go under the name but i dont think it fairly represents it that way.You see the thing about James Joell being bullied and not allowe don the forum was basically because PCWA were utter shit, they didnt wrestle just assaulted each other with weapons the same goes for XHW actually.I can not say that the fed on the forum don't hit each other with light tubes or use a table but they arent frequent. That in no way makes it right in regards to light tubes as i have witnessed an injury due to them and am deeply deeply opposed to the use of light tubes glass and barbed wire and general "deathmatch" weapons.Ok now backyard wrestling (byw) is in a way trying to immitate the pros that is obvious (please disregard PCWA or XHW when i talk about BYW, please), yes it should be going for pro traingin as suposed to byw but it is fun in some respects just like playing football in a leisure centre or something.Yes there are risks doing BYW but a lot of it isn't about hitting all these big dangerous moves there is a lot of BYW which respects the way of workign a match teh heel the face the psychology. There are som ebywrestlers who have been pro trained, t yes th eothers may not know exactly what goes on and how it works but they do have a fair idea and I have seen some really wellw orked matches granted not as good as pros but still entertaining.What you have seen is one side and not the othe rnamely becaus ethe other side did not want to be shown because of how it would be portrayed being alongside the likes of XHW and PCWA. i am happy to talk tro people about this and can offer a full match ofr a few even of matche sin a [particular fed who hir eout a leisure centre hall and wrestle on mats, there ar eno weapons involved and itisnt pro, many in the fed dont regard it as BYW at all because of its association to deathmatches but it is still untrained in may respects although there are a couple of people wo have been trained.I am happy to send it to people if they want chrisbelll@hotmail.com .In defence of the flaming to th eric flair impersonator. He knows he impersonates ric flair, he isnt mocking himn, he actually has a lot of respect for te guy and in many ways idolises him flairs style is what he likes watching he has all the old videos etc and isn't into the lightubes shit but of cours ethat wasn't portrayed on the video nor was how he wrestles shown either, just how the media has been edited.So please i hope you can take in what I have said and process it as I am saying that this wa snot a fair portrayal of the whole seen and many BYWrestlers are disliking this documentary just as much because of what it has shown.Thank you

Guest Chris-Bell

Put one of those kids in the ring in a legit shoot-fight against someone like Doug Williams or Flash Barker. Then they'll see just how tough they are....not!

well wouldnt most people lose? I would like to say people called me a legand for the fact what I do for the BYW community, they have meet me before and they are going from what they know of me. Hell I know I aint a legand but some one calling me it is cool and it shows what I mean to them. As you can see me and selby took up pro training and do still go, but half of you people going on how much you hate BYW and un safe it is when alot of pro wrestlers started from BYW but yet you still go on about how good they are. you all have your opinions to it which is fair enough, but saying we know shit is bollox, we do BYW because we meet new people and we get out and about, and its somthing we enjoy! thank youJames Burch
And when everyone sees you in a wZw, FWA, All Star or otherwise ringand you've kept up your training we'll give you your props too!!!Good luck on the training.I still don't like the whole idea of Backyarding as it is now, a laugh withsome mates is one thing, coming up with new ways to hurt those friendswhile not having a clue about the safety aspect is not good or clever.
this is the problem tho XHW and PCWa know nothing.BYW is not fight clubs its not about intentionally hurting people, it is about workign a match granted its not goin gto be at pro standards but noone has ever claimed it would be.To help get my point over.... earlier in this topic somebody said about the bad re p ROH could get from this exactly, ROh could be labelled because of what was shown in relation to toher footage nto of them.What you saw there in the form of XHW and PCWA are stupi dlittle kids who thought they would get respect for doin gthe documentary.As for burch being called a legend, people ar etaking it too literal, with some of my friends i joke on and w eget on and i call them a legend becaus ethey do something particularly funny, in Burch's case he is a quality bloke and in many of the references to him being a legend is not because of what he does when wrestling but because of the bloke he is, he is an awesome bloke to be around.I must say you all seem to pop at these people in the do and insult them calling themn littl eimmature kids etc etc yet so far I have seen a hand full of mature posts the rest has been mindless insulst.As for comparing to Doug williams ina shoot fight, when did any body ever claim to be able to beat him or anyone in a shoot fight? people are starting to scrape the barrell. Soem peopl emay ot pro train because they can't afford it or they dont train on days when they are free or all sorts, as for PCWA and XHW I can not express enough that they are not in any way involved with the community because we despise their style the other feds in the community dotn have tree falling gimmicks and dont base a match on weapon shot after weapon shot.Again I hav emedia a full match i am happy to send of a really entertaiing match, granted the skill isnt excellent but who is expecting it to be excellent, when you play 5 aside with your mates are u expecting to be as good as pro footballers no.I think some of you people need to grow up to be honest.

Guest Chris-Bell

may be I woirded it wrong the point i was tryign to make is that what OCWA and XHW do is different to what the rest of us do. I mean youa re going in and insulting my character saying i need to get a scoial life grow up etc etc i have a very good social life i aint a lonely bullied kid.I dont go aroun d using light tubes I like to try workign a match with takedowns and working a body part, i have had a little bit of training and respect the showmanship side of wrestling. i am not a great wrestler, i aint claiming to be, i dont particularly want to make a career out of it but I enjoy doing this I aint saying I want to do it forever and ever, but when i finish uni I am hoping to go into a job and career and most likely the wrestlign days will be behind me even then i wudnt have time to pro train.Some people need to realis ethat the documentary wasnt a fair showing and Drazic, I dare you to catch em on msn and watch this media I have, i dare you to, I try to offer you the alternative side but you have seen what yous want to see the mindless kids trying to mutilate each other wlel I tell you now its not about that.so againchrisbelll@hotmail.comcontact me

Put one of those kids in the ring in a legit shoot-fight against someone like Doug Williams or Flash Barker. Then they'll see just how tough they are....not!

well wouldnt most people lose? I would like to say people called me a legand for the fact what I do for the BYW community, they have meet me before and they are going from what they know of me. Hell I know I aint a legand but some one calling me it is cool and it shows what I mean to them.
<Snip>Fuck off you cocky bastard. I seen you on the show, and you were very above yourself. You think you are a legend because you go through a table? Ha. Whats the recored crowd for a Backyard event ? 20? 25? And if there were 25 the commentry would be"look at the crowd, the backgarden is crammed to the rafters, i mean flowers."BYW makes wrestling a laughing stock, it isnt wrestling. its fucktards making a dick of themselves.Now remember Jimmy, Daddt says no Light tubes.

Guest Chris-Bell

well wouldnt most people lose? I would like to say people called me a legand for the fact what I do for the BYW community, they have meet me before and they are going from what they know of me. Hell I know I aint a legand but some one calling me it is cool and it shows what I mean to them.
<Snip>Fuck off you cocky bastard. I seen you on the show, and you were very above yourself. You think you are a legend because you go through a table? Ha. Whats the recored crowd for a Backyard event ? 20? 25? And if there were 25 the commentry would be"look at the crowd, the backgarden is crammed to the rafters, i mean flowers."BYW makes wrestling a laughing stock, it isnt wrestling. its fucktards making a dick of themselves.Now remember Jimmy, Daddt says no Light tubes.
why you being so immature why dont you just grow up?

Guest Mojoholic

He's got a point though. I can't say me an my mates havent ever wrestled in our back gardens, but light tubes, pizza cutters, glass for a crowd of 20 people is just plain stupid!

What a fantastic show. Ok, the wrestling was a joke but the comedy more than made up for it. Such LOL moments as:-The fat Geordie inspecting the chocolates before letting the bird in his house.Blade's acneBlade's guitar playingBlade's "dark" character that dosen't speakBlades ground breaking trademark move of "Jumping off things"The 14 year old when asked if he does Backyarding - "No not yet, perhaps one day" Fatboy showing his garage of weapons - "They call this the Pizzacutter, it's used for cutting"I was laughing my ass off the whole way through it. I noticed some CZW clips on the show, now everyone will think CZW is a backyard company - not a smart move allowing there footage to be used and allowing them to actually use the company's name.

Guest rage against the wwe

He aint being immature.... Version 1 is just telling like it is or as its called in the Pro Wrestling buisness... a shoot :p Bottom line is Backyarder's think they are "something" but compared to pro wrestler's they are nobody's :laugh: Backyard wrestling is 1) an embaressment to Wrestling 2) SHITE!! 3) a Cancer to wrestling & 4) full of nobody's who think they are an actual legit " Superstar" :laugh: ... with added ego.Now if Backyarder's are "Legend's" where are your millions & millions of fans? WHY? aint they in WWE?Backyard Wrestler's = Bull s h i t!!!!!!!Oh & BTW tell me when you get your call from Vince all you Backyarder's :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The truth seems to hurt. Fact of the matter is, Pro wrestlers work for years and years to get somewhere. Backyarders are all 14-17 year old acne ridden kid ( As Blade showed last night). They haven't worked a hard day of training in there life and they still call them selves legends and call what they are doing wrestling.

Guest OutcastVideo

The biggest joke out of all of this is the prick who made the documentary and the cocks at CH4 for actually showing it. He clearly wasn't a wrestling fan and clearly has no idea of the implications this could cause to the future of British wrestling.Maybe he should have done some proper research and looked at how badly BYW has tarnished wrestling in the US first, and while hes at it pick up a copy of Foleys second book and read the part about BYW there. Wanker.To steal a line from Moj i hope he gets cancer of the testes.