Jump to content

Promoter Wars  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Promoter beef. Saw Daz’s idea for this and thought we might as well just make a bastard thread, save having pretty much the same discussion scattered about in multiple threads.

IMG-7421.jpg

IMG-7423.png

IMG-7422.jpg

On a basic surface level, these seem to be the teams as I type this in early March 2026. But who knows if Frank Warren and Eddie Hearn are even gonna stay on good terms now. It was Turki and his money who caused hell to freeze over and brought those two together. It’s probably gonna end up being every promoter for themselves. Wouldn’t surprise me if Frank and Eddie end up back at each other’s throats in the not too distant future. But for now? You’ve got Hearn and Dana at war currently. Conor Benn got $15 million from Dana and Turki despite being mediocre, just to fuck with Hearn. Matchroom returned fire with the Tom Aspinall move this week. Eddie Hearn now manages the UFC Heavyweight champion of the world! I think Warren is suing (Allegedly returns!) Turki. Media are going at each other over who’s a shill and who isn’t. It’s all going on. And it’s only gonna get uglier. And then DX turned up on a tank. Let’s talk about all this bollocks in here. 

Tom Aspinall the nanosecond his UFC contract is up…

bmSwE.gif

  • Paid Members
Posted

I think this is like rooting for the Four Horsemen against the nWo. Sticking with the bastards you know, I suppose. Plus Warren and Hearn are British; if you've got to support a bastard, better to support a homegrown bastard.

Ultimately, I want them to all tear strips off each other, and that it eventually benefits the fighters, as it should.

Posted

I am 100% on the side of Eddie & Frank, yeah they do shitbag things as they all do, but many a drive to some shithole building site for me has been made better by listening to an epic rant from Warren, or some blowing of his own trumbone by Hearn and compared to the other two I genuinely find them quite likeable. 

I used to like Dana, still respect what he's done, but he's an irritating sod isn't he lets be fair, so yeah, for me I'm with Eddie & Frank. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

AJ turning up at UFC 326 tomorrow night…

IMG-7476.jpg

Can you imagine? Won’t happen obviously but that’s the one you know Dana and the Turki Drummer would throw horrendously stupid money at just to finish Hearn off. 

Posted

The poll is currently a tightly contested affair 😄

I can stomach Warren nowadays. Granted, I don't like Hearn, especially since the events of 2022 with Benn and Eubanks Jr, but he's preferable to White, who I really cannot stand as a person. 

Thus I am also rooting for Team Warren/Hearn. 

Btw, it's possible that Arum and ODH will be somewhat aligned with Hearn/Warren, and that Shalom will at least try and fit in Turki's pocket. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Say what you want about Eddie Hearn and he’s a smarmy slippery fuck a lot of the time but I just watched this interview and I’m not even exaggerating when I say I think he’s done a better job of promoting Tom Aspinall in the space of 14 minutes here than Dana’s done in over five fucking years. And Hearn’s not even his promoter he’s been his manager all of two days. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

That’s the thing though. As great as Aspinall vs Ngannou sounds, Eddie can’t legally do that even if he gets Francis. For the foreseeable future anyway. Aspinall is under UFC lock and key for the time being. Seen stuff about him only having two fights left on his contract, don’t know if that’s true but even if it is, there’s currently no timetable for Aspinall’s return because of the situation with his eyes. He can’t even have any full contact training yet. So even if he does only have two fights left with the UFC, those two fights could take some time. Who knows how long he’s gonna be out of action. 

  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Anyone seen the latest on this? Hearn’s now saying he’ll walk away from any legal action they’re taking against Zuffa/TKO for the shadiness of the whole Conor Benn fiasco if the UFC release Tom Aspinall from his contract.

Not gonna happen but it’s quite telling about what’s going on behind the scenes with Aspinall and the UFC. You have to assume Hearn talked to Aspinall about this before saying it publicly and Tom must’ve okayed it. He’s clearly had enough of the UFC’s bullshit and wants out. And bear in mind Aspinall is also friends with and has trained a fair bit with Rico Verhoeven. No doubt he’s seen how Rico was treated and compensated for the Usyk fight and that will have only made him look at his own deal more and the comparison probably isn’t good knowing what we know about how the UFC does things.

It’s not gonna happen though. There’s no way the UFC just let him walk. Just like they’re not gonna let Jon Jones leave and fight Francis Ngannou on Netflix. In Aspinall’s case, he’s not locked in with the UFC for another 6 fights at least like Jones is. Sure I read he’s got 2 fights left on his contract. But I’m sure there’s some clause in there which extends it or makes it trickier to leave if you’re the champion. Might be a case of Aspinall having to just do the last two fights and relinquish the belt if he’s still champ by then. Reading between the lines though, I think it’s crystal clear at this point that Aspinall is fucking off from the UFC as soon as he’s legally able to. 

Edited by wandshogun09
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Newest member of ‘Hollywood’ Hearn’s Matchroom World Order?

IMG-5906.jpg

This was taken last night, Costa retweeted the picture and Eddie’s saying Costa actually reached out to Ariel Helwani to get Eddie’s number and said he wants Eddie to represent him. So I guess we can basically add him to the list alongside Tom Aspinall and Ian Garry. Not a mega move or anything but I have seen a few things from Costa recently that suggest he’s become really frustrated with the UFC, so this kind of makes sense. Surprised Michael Venom Page hasn’t got on board with Eddie’s little faction yet. Aside from Garry, it seems to be the place where guys already on Dana’s shitlist end up. Tsarukyan next? 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Eddie said in a recent interview that he was talking to several top UFC fighters.

The whole war thing seems to have died down though, Uncle Turki had them all on for peace talks.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah, he’s saying he’s been having conversations with 12 current UFC fighters. 

The ‘peace talks’ aren’t gonna last though are they? Not a chance. Dana’s too emotionally fragile and despite Turki saying he wants peace, he’s constantly pitting all these fuckers against each other. It’s gonna kick off again at some point. Saw Zuffa nabbed Johnny Fisher recently. That’s like when WCW bringing in Mike Rotunda to join the NWO 🤣 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I hope not, I love the drama.

To be fair, it's Eddie who's getting riled up and attacking, Dana is just doing his usual thing.

The Johnny Fisher thing is mad. Eddie has said Zuffa are paying him 10 times more than what they were willing to pay him to fight a complete scrub at their upcoming show. Eddie and Johnny seems to still be on good terms though with Eddie saying it was a deal Johnny Fisher had to say yes too. I know Fisher shifts a few tickets but he's not going anywhere past UK level is he?

Posted

10x more for Johnny Fisher considering the level of fighter he is is crazy. Purely just to poach another name Eddie likes that is 🤣He is a good ticket seller but thats the main strength of him, very limited fighter.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...