Football Predictions League 2024/25 sign-ups

Fog Dude

Holy heck, the summer's gone by fast. The Euros are behind us, men's Champions League qualifiers are well underway and now the Olympic footie & rugby have already begun too. Friendlies and transfers are also happening apace, and people are putting together their Fantasy League teams. An eight-week break doesn't feel like enough now. 

So, with only a dozen days until the first card of next season is due to go live, it's about time we started this up again. Before we begin, here's a reminder of how it all finished up last time. 

Continuing and returning players know what to do, with one slight restriction which I'll detail below: 

• No D2D picks from the men's second tiers in France, Germany or Italy please, since most of their fixtures happen on Friday night or Saturday lunchtime
  • All other teams (male/female, club/international) are allowed as long as they're not youth or reserve sides
  • Remember to PM me your choices but feel free to bump this thread with an "I'm in"
  • Allocations are still made on a first-come, first-served basis so get them in quick.

If there's anyone who's thinking of newly joining in or who hasn't played in a long time, then I can put together another post detailing more of the rules sometime next week. The more the merrier and all that. In the meantime, roll up! 

Posted (edited)

Have only had 2 PMs thus far so thanks for those. We're due to kick off in a week's time, but I can make it a fortnight if I don't get at least 3 more by then, and rejig the Christmas/New Year double rounds so that we still finish in late May as planned. 

For the uninitiated, we normally have 10 games each weekend and you can earn 1 point for every correct result or 3 points for getting the exact scoreline right. Most matches are from the EPL although we don't take the 4 men's international breaks off like the Fantasy League obviously has to. On the other hand, we don't generally cover midweek rounds either.

As for that "bonuses" column, there are various way to claim bonus points but you'll have to pick them up as you go along

Edited by Fog Dude
Putting off any chance of Bacon joining

Last call Scott Hall* to try to get this up and running in 48 hours or so, else I'll be trying to start the thread for the whole season using my half hour of free Wi-Fi from a Travelodge a week on Wednesday. But we're gonna need a not unreasonable minimum of six people playing and we're only up to half of that so far.

*#SorryNotSorry for that. Actual apologies for double posting though.

Well, this is now officially delayed so no new thread yet. Still reckon we need at least twice the current number of players to get things off the ground, else there won't be much of a Cup competition and the D2Ds would either have to be massively spread out or all done and dusted by Bonfire Night. Plus there'd be no point in taking nine and a half months just to share out gold, silver and bronze among the circle jerk (the last of which would also be the wooden spoon).

You've missed out on a bit of a mish-mash: I doubt anyone would be able to guess each of the Community Shield, EFL, Coppa Italia, Austrian Bundesliga and Belgian Pro League equally well. I'll re-label that as Week 0 on the ol' Excel Workbook and we'll see if there are enough people to make it worthwhile by this time next week.