UFC 295: Prochazka vs Pereira - Nov 11 🇺🇸🗽

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really looking forward to this now. No plans on Saturday or Sunday so I might try and stay up for it (will inevitably have to many beers and be asleep before the prelims).

I’ve gone for Pereira and Aspinall in the polls but honestly who knows. Both fights really could go either way! 

• Paid Members

Yeah that’s what makes the main and co-mains so interesting to me as well. Really feels like anything can happen.

This is worth a watch. Bisping interviewing Tom Aspinall in an empty MSG…

Pretty much 50/50 on that fight but I’d love to see Aspinall do it. And let’s be honest, they can say ‘interim’ but we all know the winner of this fight is gonna end up being the proper champ anyway. Jones vs Stipe is either gonna fizzle away and never happen or they’ll fight and both retire after. So this interim is gonna become the official championship regardless of the result of Jones vs Stipe. 

• Paid Members

It's one of the best heavyweight fights the UFC have ever put on for me. Jones/Miocic was the real belt, but Miocic being rolled out just felt like the UFC were squeezing the last piece of juice out of the legend. This feels like the title fight to me. 

I usually have a gut feeling before main and co-main events, but i genuinely have no idea on either here. Both complete coin flips for me, and both should be tremendous, roll on Saturday, i love this sport.

Speaking of the heavyweight's too, i've been reading all week about Aspinall, Pavlovich and Jailton Almeida being the 3 men heralded as the 3 main men to take over when Jones steps away, i've litereally not heard Cyril Gane's name mentioned once, everyone's forgotten about big Cyril.

• Paid Members

Even the ‘real belt’ thing, Jones vs Gane was only for the belt because Ngannou was stripped of the title when he left. That was no more legitimate a title fight than Pavlovich vs Aspinall really. I’m looking at tomorrow’s fight as the title fight. Jones vs Stipe is a one-off, double retirement, legends match. It didn’t need the belt anyway, to be honest.

As for Gane, I like him but he proper shat the bed in his two title fights in such a way that he’s really got his work cut out to repair his image. Getting outwrestled by a one legged Ngannou and then lunging recklessly and basically offering your neck up on a plate for Jones in your two shots at the gold isn’t a good look. It didn’t help that Aspinall was actually calling for a fight with him after Gane beat Spivac in Paris and Gane basically shot it down like he was expecting another title shot off that one win over Spivac. I reckon the UFC might push for Gane vs Jailton next. 

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

This is some movie shit:

That was intense! That’s got me hyped for the fight. I really like both of them and don’t really want either to lose but I’d rather see Pereira win. Feel like the title is going to hot potato about for a while. I think the top contenders can all beat each other on any given day. Doesn't seem like there is a stand out amongst them. 

• Paid Members

Not a clue how the main and co-main events are gonna go tonight. And I like all 4 so I’m not hugely bothered who wins, just gonna enjoy the fights. Went with Pereira and Aspinall in the poll in the end. I am leaning towards Aspinall but won’t be at all shocked if Pavlovich wallops him. Jiri vs Pereira though, fuck knows what happens there. Went with Pereira just because I’d slightly prefer him to win but it’s a tossup really.

Only hours away now! 

IMG_3773.jpeg

IMG_3799.jpeg

• Paid Members

For me, the HW Title fight comes down to whether Sergei gets it done in the first round or not. If he doesn't, I have no doubt Tom Aspinall is the more well rounded fighter and would take over on a longer fight, should that materialise. Weathering a storm against Sergei though will take some doing. There's also the case that Sergei was in a camp for this night, even if he didn't have a specific opponent. Aspinall on the other hand is coming in on pretty short notice. 

The main event could be chaos. It has all the makings of a wild stand up fight. I think Jiri might just do it, possibly by having that little extra option of taking things the grappling route should he want to mix it up - something Pereira really doesn't have in his locker. Still not sure he'll do that, but I also never expected Francis Ngannou to wrestle Cyril Gane so who the hell knows. 

A really top heavy card this though. Name value wise, it's a significant step down on the previous MSG shows, and on next month's PPV. Main card should be good fun though. 

• Paid Members

Yeah it’s definitely top heavy. I’m interested in all 5 fights on the main card for one reason or another. Prelims aren’t amazing but even then I’m looking forward to seeing Mateusz Rebecki and Joshua Van back in there and Sadykhov vs Slava Claus could be fun. Definitely the main card carrying the load here though, rather than a stacked card top to bottom. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Dai said:

No idea of the main event, but Pavlovich has looked like the Terminator since he's showed up in the UFC. Will be super intersting to see him against a step up in a stand up guy, but I still can see him. Blowing right through Tom. 

Yeah, my mind was made up today too. I think Sergei gets it done emphatically.

That was some main card! 

How can anyone not love big Tom? That was an outstanding performance! He looked so smooth in there. Would love to see him smash Jones into retirement but don’t think Jones would fancy any of that. 

Still not sure on the finish for Jiri/Alex, thought it was a bit quick but watching it back and listing to Jiri’s interview I’m not sure. 

Edited by Bruce85