Life After Roman

d-d-d-dAz

Yeah I was just reading, he's signed a new deal which is basically a 'no house show' deal.

Great for him, if he can get a semi-Brock deal.

Hollywood will come for Roman eventually, so they should do everything they can to keep him on TV for as long as possible.

This Roman story is getting weirder by the minute. Its now being reported he’s taking 10 weeks off between June and September, but no reason why as yet.

Even if it’s not true, it’s so weird there so much discussion about Roman leaving.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

This Roman story is getting weirder by the minute. Its now being reported he’s taking 10 weeks off between June and September, but no reason why as yet.

Scorpion King re-boot, hopefully.

On 5/9/2022 at 4:45 PM, 69MeDon said:

Why are they even still doing house shows? I thought, post-pandemic, they weren't going back to that model?

Money presumably. I suppose the "end" (ahem) of the pandemic might boost live event attendances. 

Even if ticket revenue is low its also possible that they make more from merchandise when they're doing house shows. 

• Paid Members
On 5/9/2022 at 4:45 PM, 69MeDon said:

Why are they even still doing house shows? I thought, post-pandemic, they weren't going back to that model?

2 hours ago, Vamp said:

Money presumably.

This. The % for costs vs gate receipts is one thing, keeping the towns "hot" for when they run a PPV there is another, plus merch sales. There's plenty of fans that will buy shit at a show that they'd never bother buying online. I know, the last house show I went to, I bought Sasha's cheap plastic shades and rings AS WELL as her t-shirt.

I wish I could blame alcohol.