UFC 270: Ngannou vs Gane - Jan 22 ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nothing may come of it, but this talk of Ngannou facing Tyson Fury in a boxing match is gaining steam on both sides, and more importantly, from Fury's side. Let's be honest, it's Fury who would be the kingmaker here, so to speak, and if he's interested it could just happen.

Personally, I think Fury is just crazy enough to do it. I think he wants the AJ fight but there's not much else outside that that interests him on the conventional boxing scene. Usyk? I don't think that fight excites Fury. I could see him eventually dumping the belts and going on a heavyweight novelty fight tour facing guys like Ngannou.ย 

As for big Fran, a fight with Fury would blast any payday he's had from his UFC career out the water multiple times over. If I was him, and this was a reality, I'd be doing the finger poke of doom against Gane and leaving the arena Hollywood Hogan style.

And whisper it, but I think the big man could actually make a decent fist (pardon the pun) of a boxing career. He's not coming in when he's old and washed up, and he's a heavy hitter who can move. I could see him doing quite well with a bit of focused, high-level boxing training.

Edited by David

• Paid Members

I saw the back and forth yesterday, im taking it all with a pinch of salt until Ngannou leaves the UFC. Id imagine alot of the interest would dry up if Ngannou gets smoked by Gane too. Ngannou is gonna have leverage outside of the UFC regardless, but leaving as Champion is what he needs.

That said, im sure there's something written into a Champions contract that prevents him from leaving the promotion as Champion unless retiring, so if Ngannou beats Gane, he has to stay.

2 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

even if its all above board i fancy Gane here, he can absolutely no doubt be bombed out, but if this settles into a kickboxing match i think Gane wins it handily.

I fancy Gane as well. Primarily because while I don't think Ngannou will go out to lose on purpose, I don't think he'll consider getting the win as important to him as he may have done a few years back.

• Paid Members

There goes my โ€˜one to watchโ€™. Movsar Evloevโ€™s out apparently.

I like the idea of him and Dan Ige but itโ€™s a week and a half away now and who knows if Ige is even in shape. Charles Rosa is in the comments offering to step in, wouldnโ€™t be the best replacement and would seem like a step back after beating Ryan Hall but beggars canโ€™t be choosers. If Topuria wants to stay on this card that badly heโ€™s gonna be limited to whoever is willing to jump in on this short notice.

• Paid Members

Well this is a better substitute than I thought weโ€™d get.

Itโ€™s less interesting than the Evloev fight and I think Topuria puts a beating on Jourdain here but itโ€™ll probably be a more entertaining fight to watch than the Evloev fight wouldโ€™ve been.

Oh and Alexey Oleynikโ€™s out as well. And now Wank Gregโ€™s got arguably a tougher fight.

ย 

• Paid Members

No sooner had Spivak stepped in against Hardy, now Hardyโ€™s out. Finger injury apparently. No doubt a defence wound caused by the latest poor woman heโ€™s put his hands on.

Jack Della Maddalena has a new opponent in fellow UFC newcomer Pete Rodriguez. Heโ€™s 4-0 with 4 first round knockouts.

Card and bout order is looking like this for now. But obviously, a lot can and will change over the next week.ย 

3A18BD9A-78DE-4379-B717-2B9857578574.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09