UFC 270: Ngannou vs Gane - Jan 22 ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's a big shame to lose Topuria fight, it's a shame for Jourdain too as he took the fight on 9 days notice and put in all the effort to make the weight in such a short period of time. Although thinking about it, it's probably better for a fight to be pulled from under you when you haven't had months of build up.

The two title fights still make this an exciting show on paper. I have plans on Sunday at around lunch time so I'm doubtful I will watch the prelims like I usually do now that the Topuria fight is off. I will definitely watch the 5 fight main card though.

Has anyone been watching the Embedded shows this week? I absolutely love Brandon Moreno but he annoys me when he starts breaking into song in random places. I cringed when he started singing whilst the poor barber was trying to cut his hair.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Iโ€™m a huge Moreno fan but you never know when heโ€™s gonna burst into song. Heโ€™s like a fucking Disney film sometimes.

9 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

am i right in thinking this show lost its entire main card outside of the two title fights now?

I think so yeah. Originally had Cannonier vs Brunson and the failed attempts at Hardy against Oleynik or Spivak on there. Pretty sure the other 3 main card fights under the title fights now were on the prelims originally and had to be bumped up due to cancellations.ย 

• Paid Members

Cant help but feeling im completely underselling Figgy's chances in that co-main event. I have to keep reminding myself of my how much of a monster the guy is. Its felt like foregone conclusion that Moreno wins this the whole buildup.

• Paid Members

Yeah I think the way that second fight went has people counting Figgy out but Iโ€™m not sure how much of that was just Figgy having a bad night and Moreno having a great one. Remember Fig had a shite weight cut for that one as well which couldโ€™ve been a factor. It sounds like excuses but when you watch their first fight, although it was scored a draw, Figgy was handling him for the majority of it and the point deduction for the low blow is the main thing that cost him the decision. For him to look so good in that first fight then drop off so spectacularly in the rematch just 6 months later makes me think he got his weight cut all wrong and paid the price. Shades of Roberto Duran looking amazing against Sugar Ray the first time, only to do the quick rematch and say โ€˜No Masโ€™ halfway through it. Obviously Moreno deserves the credit, he did his part and looked fantastic but the difference between the first and second fights was so drastic I do think Figgy was off.

For what itโ€™s worth, Figgy weighed in at 124lbs and looked better than he usual does to me. Might ultimately mean nothing but I think weโ€™re in for another war here thatโ€™ll look closer to their first fight than the rematch.

59026668-B9-A7-46-B8-811-D-1-E4-F3-EBF0-

This fight has been criminally overlooked in the buildup. Partly due to Ngannou and Gane taking up most of the headline space and I think partly because the UFC have spammed the fuck out of the trilogy too much, too soon causing a bit of indifference. But now itโ€™s just hours away, I canโ€™t wait.ย 

• Paid Members

Anyone watched the Countdown? Henry Cejudo. Can he be any more up his own arse? First off he comes across as such a two faced little prick. Forget the shared Mexican heritage, Iโ€™m not talking about that. But Moreno helped him train for Mighty Mouse a few years back and now Cejudo is training with Figgy and saying โ€œI know all Morenoโ€™s weaknessesโ€ and shit. Snakey but whatever. The best and most unintentionally funny bit though was him acting like some authority and wise old MMA legend, then heโ€™s sitting next to Fig and theyโ€™re watching Cejudoโ€™s win over Dominick Cruz. Because? Then theyโ€™re watching Moreno beat Figgy. What the purpose of any of it was, I donโ€™t know. Letโ€™s sit and watch me win and then weโ€™ll watch you lose. Why? ๐Ÿ˜‚ I was having flashbacks to Ken Shamrockโ€™s awful coaching on TUF 3 where he just had the contestants sit around watching him knock Kimo out then got his roidy mate to tell them to eat steak.

I donโ€™t know why they decided to dedicate a big chunk of the Moreno vs Figgy bit to Lego Bollocks but I didnโ€™t need to see him and it did nothing extra to make me wanna see the fight more than I already did. I really wish Cejudo would either make his comeback or just shut the fuck up and go away at this point.ย 

• Paid Members

Itโ€™s not a deep card but thereโ€™s enough on the undercard to hold my interest. Iโ€™m really looking forward to Pereira vs Fialho and Barcelos vs Henry. Then thereโ€™s a few debuts that could be good with Jack Maddalena (10-2 on a 10 fight streak), Michael Morales (12-0, 10 finishes) and Genaro Valdez (10-0, all finishes).

Weigh ins were eventful.ย 

85DA2869-6A1A-444B-80A9-3A738E7904D0.gif

B0821784-0801-4359-9FF8-4020834FA0C9.gif

60D9FB77-F678-4F28-9148-A873D5800172.webp

• Paid Members

These two title fights tonight are ball tinglers. Can't wait for them. If I wasn't such a Granda, I'd stay up for it. As it is, I'm half asleep after four pints at the football. Wake up in my leisure tomorrow, with a bacon butty and a cuppa, watching the fights the way they are supposed to be watched this side of the Atlantic.ย 

Edited by WeeAl