UFC 269: Oliveira vs Poirier - Dec 11 ??

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd probably say Felder is my favourate of the three regulars now. A good blend of knowledge and enthusiasm. To be fair, I don't have a problem with either DC or Bisping either. They are both far superior to Cruz. I wonder why during these Apex shows, especially the lower end ones, they haven't tried out anyone new, even if it's just on the prelim part. Must be loads of fighters milling about Vegas, they should freshen it up a bit. 

• Paid Members

Fucking hell the delusion on Pena is something else. I don’t know whether to admire it or laugh at her.

Yeah, I’m laughing at her. What the fuck? The only thing she’s got to cling to is that she beat Cat Zingano, who beat Nunes over 7 years ago. She talks about Nunes ducking her then but Pena lost her very next fight to Shevchenko! Since then she got a ‘big win’ over Nicco ‘Sicknote’ Montano and then got submitted by Kickboxer De Randamie, who’d shown very little in the way of grappling skills previously. She’s since submitted a 40 year old Sara McMann and now she thinks she’s a world beater. I get trying to promote yourself but Christ.

9-FB5471-F-2-E52-4-C02-B665-9-B110-FE470

That’s Pena’s last 5 years. Compare that to the streak Nunes is on where she’s knocked out Cyborg, retired Ronda Rousey, destroyed Miesha Tate, gone 2-0 over Shevchenko (who pissed through Pena), stopped Holly Holm. Yeah, a right can crusher. Between this and her insinuating that Nunes lied about having COVID (so presumably also accusing her of lying about Nina and the baby having it as well) because she was terrified of fighting her, she’s long overdue a twatting. I can see Nunes dragging this one out to punish her and make sure she never, ever, wants a rematch or even thinks of talking reckless about her again. 

• Paid Members

The only good thing about it is, she seems to have got under Nunes' skin which makes a change. Now that may lead to it going one of two ways, its either gonna lead to Nunes fighting out of character and getting reckless leading to opportunity for Pena, or its gonna lead to Nunes putting a right beating on her.

Its the most ive wanted to see a Nunes fight in a while.

• Paid Members

126lbs of cunt right there.

In other news, the Matt Schnell vs Alex Perez fight is off. The NSAC doctors reckon Schnell isn’t fit to fight. Schnell strongly disagrees.

DAA26600-F015-428-A-BCAC-49-EDAB3441-ED.

His teammate Aaron Phillips;

187167-D0-8-A0-C-45-C9-9450-695-F2-BA11-

He definitely didn’t look good;

D4-F6-EFB7-237-B-4074-8-C4-B-5-EDBC08-F9

But it’s hard not to feel bad for him. We’ve seen guys look as bad as that, or worse, on the scales and they’ve let them fight. Fuck, Aldo didn’t really look any better than this weighing in last week. Not even criticising the NSAC, if they had concerns I’d rather see them yank a fight from the card than just let fighters go out there all fucked up. But still, it’s rough for Schnell. A tough weight cut is bad enough, a tough weight cut for nothing must really suck. To top it off, it’s Perez who actually missed weight but it was cancelled on the strength of how Schnell looked post-weigh in.

I’m sure these two have been booked against each other a bunch of times over the last year or so now. Time to sack it off. It’s becoming the prelim version of Khabib vs Ferguson at this point. 

15 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Fucking hell the delusion on Pena is something else. I don’t know whether to admire it or laugh at her.

Yeah, I’m laughing at her. What the fuck? The only thing she’s got to cling to is that she beat Cat Zingano, who beat Nunes over 7 years ago. She talks about Nunes ducking her then but Pena lost her very next fight to Shevchenko! Since then she got a ‘big win’ over Nicco ‘Sicknote’ Montano and then got submitted by Kickboxer De Randamie, who’d shown very little in the way of grappling skills previously. She’s since submitted a 40 year old Sara McMann and now she thinks she’s a world beater. I get trying to promote yourself but Christ.

9-FB5471-F-2-E52-4-C02-B665-9-B110-FE470

That’s Pena’s last 5 years. Compare that to the streak Nunes is on where she’s knocked out Cyborg, retired Ronda Rousey, destroyed Miesha Tate, gone 2-0 over Shevchenko (who pissed through Pena), stopped Holly Holm. Yeah, a right can crusher. Between this and her insinuating that Nunes lied about having COVID (so presumably also accusing her of lying about Nina and the baby having it as well) because she was terrified of fighting her, she’s long overdue a twatting. I can see Nunes dragging this one out to punish her and make sure she never, ever, wants a rematch or even thinks of talking reckless about her again. 

Aye, I'm sure she believes in what she's saying but Nunes is gonna destroy her. The first time she lands clean, I think it's lights out. I remember Pena coming across as a bit of a dickhead on TUF. 

If she does get the win, it'd be the biggest upset in a UFC title fight for me. 

The past opponents were probably bigger outsiders, but they all lost, so Panhead's point remains valid.

Pena is only a 6/1 dog at most sites mind. Youd have to be barking mad to bet on her at those odds in my opinion. With regards to it being the biggest title upset, I assume Serra was longer odds, but maybe thats all that would top it.

• Paid Members

Yeah but they didn’t actually score the upset so if Pena pulled this off I do think it’d be the biggest title fight upset in years, rivalling Serra vs GSP. Pena might have a slightly better chance against Nunes than say, Raquel Pennington, but it’s not by much at all. If Pennington had, for example, a 1 in 50 chance, Pena’s about 1 in 45. I get the ‘punchers/grapplers chance’ bollocks but Pena’s not good enough at either to finish Nunes and does anyone believe she can win enough of the fight to get a decision? There’s no real avenue to victory for her. 

• Paid Members

I must’ve watched it 20 times and I still don’t know what happened to him. He’s moving like my daughter when she’s had too many Haribo and she’s excitedly telling me about her “busy day”.

We’ve really neglected this Oliveira vs Poirier fight, haven’t we? It’s snuck up on us fast but it’s such a great fight and we’ve barely even touched on it? How does everyone see it going? I’m close to 50/50 on it myself and not rooting one way or the other but I’ve got a feeling Poirier gets it done.