Bellator 259 - Cyborg vs. Smith 2 (21st May)

Egg Shen

Whos Wins?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

EyA3V7kWEAI4sxj.jpeg.jpg.be5ab140dfbed6271fd0d8659a002d04.jpg

20210513_220402.thumb.jpg.309d8b75218d6e3e434a30d5137ccc52.jpg

Its over a week out but i thought id get it up.

Not sure what to make of the main event. The whole Cyborg thing seems to purely be there as abit of an attraction these days which goes against the new Bellator way of doing things.

Cyborg fought Smith once before and smashed her in 90 seconds, this will probably be the same.

hi-res-aed9950f76821410d070e9fcd8c89c46_

Rest of the main card is solid. Love the Vanderford/Edwards fight.

Brett Johns Bellator debut is on this card too, he fights Matheus Mattos. I'll update the fight card when i get an updated graphic.

Undercard is sneaky deep too. Lots of Bellator prospects. All looks a little one sided, but Bellator 258 proved that these Bellator regulars aint getting it easy with these matchups.

Edited by Egg Shen

5 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

The whole Cyborg thing seems to purely be there as abit of an attraction these days which goes against the new Bellator way of doing things.

Cyborg fought Smith once before and smashed her in 90 seconds, this will probably be the same.

The only fight worth Cyborg's time is the Nunes rematch. Why the UFC didn't go down that road is beyond me.

• Paid Members

It's the only fight worth either of their time at 145.

I dont suppose Cyborg is complaining, she gets to ride out the rest of career beating overmatched opponents and getting paid nicely for it.

• Paid Members

This seems to be the bout order now. That Marcel Dorff posted it on Twitter.

3-A0-BAEE1-D59-E-49-E9-9187-B9-F41-F7-B7

Only thing is, where’s the Shabliy fight gone? Hopefully it’s an error but I’m guessing the fight’s off. 

• Paid Members
On 5/12/2021 at 9:03 PM, jimufctna24 said:

Shabily's fight is still happening according to Tapology's listings.

And Davis posted about the fight only yesterday - https://www.instagram.com/p/COvRdxeJuxl/

So I have a bit of hope that it is an error. 

Shabliy fight is still on. Opening up the prelims according to this latest bout order;

6CE77497-53B2-48AD-BA0D-F85622E37561.jpeg