Young Rock (NBC)

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

So last night was the debut of Young Rock on NBC in the states. I managed to get the peacock app via my US Apple account and if you use a VPN from the US you can watch it for free! Just watched the first 5 minutes or so and I think it’s going to be a great show for retro wrestling fans.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed it , it wasted 20-odd minutes and obviously quite a bit of it has a wrestling background, which is great. I think it hits the right tone as a comedy and it reminds me very much of Everybody Hates Chris - but seemingly they are using three different ages of Rock to do the story, which is fair enough. Well worth a watch in my view.

• Paid Members

It wasn't anything particularly groundbreaking, but inoffensive and good fun. It had a charm to it that helped it work through a lot of American TV gloss that would normally have put me off. I wouldn't feel like I'm missing out if I never see an episode again, but I'll try and keep up with it.