This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, Lawrence did the business. A 1 round destruction job in a pretty hostile environment, you rarely see someone go into someones back yard and clean them out like that. Fair play.

Well lads, the right man won imo but those score cards were atrocious, Arum was raging, and rightly so. Those scores had it that Catterall dominated the entire fight which just wasn't the case.

People saying that the first fight scorecards were also shocking isn't really an argument for me because in a professional sport you'd hope fights would be scored correctly, from the small halls to the big stadiums, it's peoples careers and livelihoods, but we all know boxong loves a shocker on the cards where you just sit there and almost spit your drink everywhere and go ask yourself wtf they were watching. 

He edged alot of those rounds but definitely had cleaner work in places Catterrall but it was a close competitive fight. 

• Paid Members

Arum can fuck off. Plenty of times his fighters have had the benefit of home judging. All countries do it. I scored it 116-112 Catterall and I am pretty happy with that. The very best I could score it for Taylor would be a draw. Catterall did the more eye catching work,  landed the cleaner punches and they looked like they caused more damage.  His style is always going to make it look closer than it is, but Catterall won clearly for me. 

Yeah boxing is rife for it, I think more should be done (even though it never will and it is what it is) to stop awful scoring though, for whatever reason, and whoever is on the receiving end of it, from the amateur shows to the pros, when you look at it it happens way too much in the sport and I don't think it does anyone any good 

I can't stand Josh Taylor and particularly in this build up he has done my head in but it was a close fight, but the right man did win. 

• Paid Members

Arum going off was gold, what a mental old bastard.

Brilliant fight though, I don't anyone expected that. The scorecards were a shame though, just far too wide. I wasn't actively scoring but felt Taylor may have just nicked it but would have had no issue with Catterall winning a close one, there is no way Catterall won by that distance,. Shame there's no belts in the mix because it may scupper a trilogy but i'd love to see it.

• Paid Members

9Few days out from the Matchroom vs. Queensbury show. Genuinely can't wait for this...

20240529_114502.thumb.jpg.ea1477dc2abbfce149a1f4497e190168.jpg

Dmitry Bivol vs. Malik Zinaid

5 vs. 5 Fights:

Deontay Wilder vs. Zhilei Zhang

Filip Hrgovic vs. Daniel Dubois

Ammo Williams vs. Hamzah Sheeraz

Ray Ford vs. Nick Ball

Craig Richards vs. Willy Hutchinson

I was unsure on where to lean when the fights were announced but i'm leaning Matchroom to win now, I'm think 4-1, with Sheeraz potentially picking up a Queensbury win.

Sneaky fuckers stuck this on PPV though, sure it was announced it as part of the package originally.

Any thoughts?

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (5 vs. 5 - June 1st)
  • Paid Members

Going to be a super night Eggy old boy. This is how I see it, so if you are having a bet do the opposite because I'm usually shite. 

Bivol by KO. Zinaid hasn't fought anyone. 

Wilder by KO. The one thing Deontay is good at is clattering old fighters. I love Zhang but Wilder does him. 

Hrgovic by KO. Danny Dubious is a lovely lad but Hrgovic is so accurate he'll break Dan down and stop him. 

Sheeraz by KO. Williams talks a lot of shit but Hamza will set him up with the jab and walk him on to a big shot. 

Ball on points. Fight of the night for me and the closest fight by far. I can see both winning but just edging towards Ball. 

Richards by KO. The one time Hutchinson stepped up he got done by Lennox Clarke and Richards is way beyond Clarke. Easiest fight to predict for me. 

Probably talking a lot of shite but there you go. 

• Paid Members

Same picks as me, thought im favouring Ford over Ball. Nick Ball is a handful but I think a slick, young fighter like Ford may be able to handle him, great fight.

I rate Ball and love watching him fight but I fancy Ford has the beating of him.

I've got Sheeraz stopping Williams.

Richards stopping Hutchinson.

Hrgovic by KO.

Wilder KO, in a tricky fight though.

Bivol demolition job.

Bivol wins

Sheeraz wins

Richards wins

Hrgovic wins

Ford wins

I have no idea about the Wilder and Zhang fight, but with no confidence at all, I'll go with Wilder winning.