This Weekend's Boxing πŸ₯Š

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

...and if they need to give developing fighters a fight just have them go on after the main event. Most the fans will filter out but friends and family will stick around. They box to a mostly empty crowd if they fight early so whats the difference?

It reflects poorly on Ritson too. He handily outboxed a former world champion and I didnt see one positive comment about it, people just wanted it to end if they hadn't already stopped watching.

There's just not one positive to having a main event start that late.Β 

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Ritson was a victim of his own success, they marketed him as "The Geordie Golovkin", when he was no even in that stratosphere in terms of levels.

Speaking of something similar. Remember a couple of years ago when there was talk of a potential Joe Laws/Devin Haney fight. It was more Laws talking shit, but it was in the boxing press. Laws lost to a journeyman on that Probellum show last night πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

• Paid Members

Josh Warrington was a man possessed tonight.

20220326_233637.thumb.jpg.ac1fd04e1b77e2e8357c82ebfabaa8a4.jpg

He never gave Martinez a sniff. Warrington continues to be the dirtiest fighter in the game though, headbutts everywhere, shoulders going in, but he's so effective with it and hiding it in his work he gets away with it. He had to slow down after the opening two rounds, but Warrington wasn't gonna be denied. Glad the ref finally stepped in, Kiko was getting battered.

• Paid Members

Sky have a show on this evening:

20220402_122921.thumb.jpg.d99e9cfafa7fd656f8b4e00f4a172b2e.jpg

Not sure why Savannah Marshall is having another tickover before the Shields fight (might be a mandatory) but she should win comfortably.

The Florian Marku/Chris Jenkins co-main event is the fight to tune in for though, that could be a belter.Β 

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing πŸ₯Š
  • Paid Members

I didn’t watch it but I noticed an interview with Ben Shalom pop up in my YouTube recommendations this week and the headline was something like β€˜Amir Khan vs Florian Marku in Albania?’ Khan’s retirement isn’t lasting long is it? I know you can never count on retirements sticking, especially when it comes to fighters or pro wrestlers, but fuck me. Like I say, I didn’t watch it. Shalom bores me, to be honest, like a knock-off Eddie Hearn but with the charisma of a potato. Is there anything to it or was it purely a clickbait title?

• Paid Members

I quite like Shalom, he isn't the most charismatic though.

I know Marku has stated he wants big names if he wins tonight. I don't think he's ever gonna be world level but he's got an audience. Id imagine him and Khan in Albania would do good business.

I don't think Khan has officially retired. There was talk of him invoking the rematch clause against Kell Brook.

Never heard of Florian Marku until BBC Sport did a piece on him this week. Sounds like a character. They call him the King of Albania. He had about 110 kickboxing fights and only lost 4.

I see he's had 12 fights and won 11, drawn 1. Jenkins will be his toughest opponent by far. He beat former world champ Julius Indongo in his last fight and has held British and commonwealth titles.

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing πŸ₯Š (GGG vs. Murata - April 9th)
  • Paid Members

lots of good boxing on this weekend...

GGG_Murata_fight_poster-1.jpg.b5cf0c0a359c801250425a6e733706be.jpg

GGG/Murata seems to have been on the cards for ages but its never come to fruition. Its live tomorrow on DAZN from Japan. GGG is expected in the ring around 1pm on the afternoon. Big Drama Show.

1080x1080asset.thumb.jpg.710ae8b3bdf0142026a198ff9064bb84.jpg

Also on DAZN but later in the day. Ryan Garcia returns after his battles with mental health. It seems a routine return but there are question marks. Tagoe has won 32 in a row but id imagine he's been handpicked for Garcia for a reason.

Theres also the Erikson Lubin/Sebastian Fundora fight on Showtime (Fite over here) and a Top Rank show topped by Mikaela Mayer over on Sky.

Hell of a weekend.