This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, I was looking forward to it, but I wasn't expecting it to play out like that. Absolute war. Give em 9 months off then lets seen it for Christmas, the rematch will be a big one.

20240331_225133.jpg.a98556048aeadab9d5beb5b72d25ee8d.jpg

• Paid Members

A cracking fight. Big Fraze showing more of a gas tank than he has in any of his previous fights. Both showed so much heart and determination. That's how much a British title should mean. I can't argue with a draw, I had Fabio up by a couple of points, but I am willing to admit a bias in that I wanted him to win. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The draw cost me about a hundred notes at the bookies though:angry:

Happy to see Ben Whittaker somewhat humbled. He clearly came in to try and create a bunch of new viral highlights but Leon Willings pretty much forced him into fighting conventionally by the end. Enjoyed it.

Riley/Lawal was a dud. * from Meltzer.

Sunday Boxing is great.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

Sunday Boxing is great.

On a Bank Holiday it is. Wouldn’t be the same if we all had that usual Sunday night dread of work approaching.

Fair play as well, the main event start time was much better last night than most UK Boxing shows these days. We all have a moan (rightly so) when the main events are going on at midnight and stuff so it’s only fair to say this was a refreshing step in the right direction. Not that I expect it to happen regularly going forward. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, it was probably the start time that I was happy about more than anything:laugh:

Another note, Boxxer did a great job of setting up the next fights last night. They clearly made a concious effort to plant seeds going forward. I saw some "what is this? Pro Wrestling" posts on Twitter, but it always works for. Its always a good thing to know where fighters are heading, especially the guys further down the card.

Adam Azims Boxing King Media interview from last night is embarrassing. As is the Harlem Eubank fight.

He didn't want Dalton Smith anyway, nor his team, but after Smiths last fight that feelings gone up ten fold. 

Just say you're not ready, maybe one day down the road when I'm ready ill catch him but I'm not there yet, he didn't have a clue what to say in that interview, honesty would be much better.

• Paid Members

The Azim/Eubank announcment was a damp squib. I love it as a fight, but nobody wants that. The Dalton Smith callout is fresh in everyone's minds and instead they served up something no one's asked for. It didn't help that Hearn and Smith basically said they knew Azim would swerve them on the callout.

I've watched Wardley/Clarke back and I think it's an unscorable fight. Even watching the second time, I had no real idea.

I think I think that Frazer won the fight overall, but the knockdown and point deduction confused everything.

It's a classic case of what you like, I guess. Frazer repeatedly scored with accurate shots throughout the fight and caused significant damage. As a technique and gameplan pervert, that suits what I like. But, if you're in for aggression and blood and thunder, I can definitely see why you'd favour Fabio.

I think there's an argument for any score. If someone told me they thought one or the other won by a wide margin, I could be convinced too.

Just a perfect fight in many ways.

Surprised the commentators didn't pick up on Frazer vomiting in the bucket in the corner before the 12th round. He was absolutely knackered.

I think Frazer wins the rematch comfortably, though.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

After that Dazzler I wouldn't personally think it will be comfortable for either in the rematch. I think they will both learn a lot, and Fabio has more to learn than Fraze does but from where he started to where he is now Fabio is a different fighter. 

Wardley has said he wants the rematch so let's hope that it happens this year. 

The one thing it did make me think though was that this could be Boxxer's way into Saudi. Old Turki loves a Heavyweight tear up and I can definitely imagine him wanting the rematch either on a Saudi show or the proposed Wembley show in September. 

5 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

After that Dazzler I wouldn't personally think it will be comfortable for either in the rematch. I think they will both learn a lot, and Fabio has more to learn than Fraze does but from where he started to where he is now Fabio is a different fighter. 

Wardley has said he wants the rematch so let's hope that it happens this year. 

The one thing it did make me think though was that this could be Boxxer's way into Saudi. Old Turki loves a Heavyweight tear up and I can definitely imagine him wanting the rematch either on a Saudi show or the proposed Wembley show in September. 

I think Fabio is what Fabio is though, heart and bottle and a solid whack. He's wild and uncultured, but a nightmare if you can't stop him. But he's not got much headroom to get better, he'll continue being a fucking nightmare but his gameplan will be... March forward, bite down on the gumshield, swing like you're trying to decapitate someone.

He has some nice shots in his repertoire, but his plan in Fight 2 will be the same as Fight 1.

Frazer is an elite boxer and strategist, with significant pedigree. By his very nature he's a problem solver, with more tools in his belt to call on to solve problems.

You saw it in the Fight last night as he started to improve his feet and change the angle of his jab to nullify Wardley's charging, or how he brought in the uppercut as Fabio started to rely more on ducking to try and protect his nose.

Fabio may still come in and starch Frazer, but the logical bet is that the more cerebral, accomplished boxer watches the tapes and creates a plan accordingly.

Sort of Joshua/Ruiz ish.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz