John Cena

The King of Old School

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It's not the way they work and would make zero sense. In recent years they've had Undertaker (53), Triple H (49), Kane (51), Big Show (46) and Mark Henry (47) on TV or PPV in matches where they sell them the same as ever. The monster. The world's largest athlete. The world's strongest man. The cerebral assasin. Etc, etc. They don't acknowledge that these guys have aged. Cena is only 41. He's the same age as Brock Lesnar. Only a bit older than Randy Orton. I know he looks like he's having a mid-life crisis but he's a long way short. I've joked that he looks like Dave Meltzer these days but he's looking a damn sight better for 41 than Hogan, Savage, Flair, etc did. He's no HHH but who is?

Not like he's broken down or anything, but at least a story where maybe he has to tap into something he's never had to before. As I mentioned earlier, I thought they were going to do that after the Lesnar match where he got battered, but instead you had one promo mentioning it and then he wrestled exactly the same way. Its only spit balling, I would just like to see something slightly different from Cena when he returns.

• Awards Moderator

Both feuds with Reigns and Wyatt were feuds were Cena would have to dig into something to win. With Reigns him discarding his merch should definitely have gone somewhere - nope. With Bray the "whole world in his hands" should've allowed creative freedom to pull something different off - nope. Both carried on as usual. 

Archived