The UKFF's Favourite Pay Per View - The Poll

WeeAl

The UKFF's Favourite PPV -The Poll  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these top ten PPVs is your favourite?

• Wrestlemania X7
    • Canadian Stampede
    • Survivor Series 02
    • NJPW Dominion 18
    • Survivor Series 95
    • Summerslam 98
    • Royal Rumble 00
    • Royal Rumble 92
    • Survivor Series 96
    • Summerslam 02
  2. 2. Which of these top ten PPVs is your favourite?

• Wrestlemania X7
    • Canadian Stampede
    • Survivor Series 02
    • NJPW Dominion 18
    • Survivor Series 95
    • Summerslam 98
    • Royal Rumble 00
    • Royal Rumble 1992
    • Survivor Series 96
    • Survivor Series 02

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/21/2018 at 12:13 AM

• Paid Members

Alright everyone, it's time to make your vote. I'll leave the poll open until 3pm on Tuesday the 14th of August and then at that point the UKFF's Favourite PPV will have been decided (It won't be a recognised award by Butch though, as evidenced by the poll options!).

Survivor Series 1989 and WrestleMania 30 just missed out, due to being tied with many others on 2 nominations, however they recieved their first nomination after the other show's in the list, so they had to miss out on the top 10.

Option 1) 
WrestleMania X7

What The UKFF Thought:

"
self-explanatory I’d hope. I love it from the bottom to the top. It has everything. Responsible for ruining every Mania since by none of them being as good. Rewind and watch again and again and again."

Option 2)
WWF In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede

What the UKFF thought:
"Less is more. Four superb but completely different matches. But ultimately this is my favourite because the Harts were my heroes and the main event presentation from Farmer's Daughter to fading to black is just brilliant work all round. The consecutive appearances of the five Hart Foundation men at the top of the ramp sounds shivers down my spine. It's crazy watching that show and revelling in a whole building full of people loving Smithers, Owen and Bret as much as I did. No show ever before or since felt more like "this one's for you lad."

Option 3)
Survivor Series 2002

What the UKFF thought:
"
Just an all-round brilliant card. Every match delivered. Seeing Shawn Michaels finally get another crack at a world title was class."

Option 4)
NJPW Dominion 2018

What the UKFF thought:

"The top of this card was beautifully put together with Omega finally getting his win and the World Heavyweight Title. The story of the match was intricate with multiple call backs of call backs from previous matches in their series. It was the right decision and an emotional ending to a feud (which is rare for wrestling IMO). Takahashi vs Ospreay was brutal with some sickening bumps and Takahashi's recent injury makes it hard watching back. Jericho in an NJPW ring is always fun though didn't measure up to his Omega match at WK12. The novelty of Mysterio in NJPW was something to watch the show for though the match was mediocre whilst the Bucks are coming along nicely in the heavyweight tag division. "

Option 5)
Survivor Series 1995

What the UKFF thought:
"
Not a show that will be featured on many people's lists but I am a New Generation fan boy and this was show was unique for it's traditional survivor series match with Heels/Faces being mixed. The main event with Nash/Hart was an epic No DQ match which hadn't really been done before. This show has a special place in my heart."

Option 6)
SummerSlam 1998

What the UKFF thought:
"
THAT ladder match feat. Rock vs HHH was the first 'live' ladder encounter I had witnessed on PPV having missed the early Michaels vs Ramon epics. The main event was perhaps the greatest storytelling in history and the lead to the match between Austin and Taker was phenomenal. In fact The Kane/Undertaker/Mankind/Austin saga was essential viewing for a teenage me and still remembered fondly today. Other decent matches included Brown vs Venis for the European Title and X-Pac vs Jarrett in a hair vs hair match. The one drawback was the desperate need to put a non-wrestler (Sable) in a featured match and Shamrock vs Hart in the Lions Den was the shits too."

Option 7)
Royal Rumble 2000

What the UKFF thought:

"Starting off with a red hot crowd for the Taz debut onto an amazing for the time table match with the Hardyz/Dudleys, then the highlight for the then 14/15 year old me ( Terri Runnels in a tiny bikini, not Mae Youngs tits 😂) The next two matches were nothing to write home about but nothing terrible from what I can remember but that was followed by the classic Trips/Cactus street fight. I have no memory of the actual Rumble match but no doubt it was the standard fare, was that the one with the Too Cool dance off mid match?"

Option 8
Royal Rumble 1992

What the UKFF thought:
"Royal Rumble 1992: It's so obvious because its so fucking brilliant. The year before has a phenomenal opener but Warrior losing the title and Hogan winning the Rumble sour it for me, despite it being at the absolute peak of my fandom. 92 has a really good opener and a great moment when Piper wins a belt and is capped off by the greatest Rumble ever and Ric Flair's incredible one man show. I still say this is Flair's best performance ever. It differs from incredible matches with Steamboat or Funk, etc. They're 50% of incredible. This is 99% him. Commentary is so good, I sometimes just listen to it."

Option 9)
Survivor Series 1996

What the UKFF thought:
"It's just really enjoyable. The eliminators are harmless fun and the three singles matches deliver in different ways. Taker/Mankind is a fun brawl, Bret and Steve Austin was set up brilliantly but then told a fantastic story in front of a hot Garden crowd that left you wanting more, and there's something really satisfying about Shawn getting annihilated in front of a crowd that wants to see him battered. The three "fuck you" moments of the skin the cat, the nip-up and of Sid LITERALLY shouting "Fuck you!" after smashing HBK with the camera.... oh, I feel all warm inside just thinking about it."

Option 10)
SummerSlam 2002

What the UKFF thought:
"sixteen years late
r I can still remember the entire card off the top of my head. I can’t even do that for every show in this top 5 which should give an indication of my deep love for this show. Again, no Summerslam since has topped it."

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

What's happened to this? I mean, besides the fact you're missing two of the best PPVs of all time.

blob.png.eea3aceac309bb9fae50a4f92c83d92d.png

I woke up this morning, checked the thread and the poll was closed! It appears Royal Rumble 1992 had a different plan for the end date of the poll, and wasn't fancying the idea of a tie, so WrestleMania X7 got put in the figure four . . .

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, WeeAl said:

I woke up this morning, checked the thread and the poll was closed! It appears Royal Rumble 1992 had a different plan for the end date of the poll, and wasn't fancying the idea of a tie, so WrestleMania X7 got put in the figure four . . .

That result is definitely fair to Flair.

• Paid Members

81l5vcg7bvL._SL1275_.jpg

So it turns out that the UKFF loves itself a good, old fashioned, battle royale - with a twist. Not just any old battle royale, but Pat Patterson's baby, the Royal Rumble. The Rumble peaked 26 years ago, in 1992, with this piece of excellence. It had nothing to do with The Beverly Brothers Vs The Bushwhackers. Nor was it due to The Natural Disasters having a titanic collision with the LOD. It wasn't even really about Roddy Piper winning his only singles title in the WWF. The whole reason it is everyone's favourite Rumble, and by way of a popular vote, the UKFF's most beloved PPV, is slightly over one hour of the dynamic duo of Bobby Heenan and Ric Flair providing everything you could want from a wrestling match with a little extra spice thrown on top. The supporting cast ain't half bad either, as you'll see. Here it is in all it's glory, THE Greatest Rumble there ever was, 1992:

img-ric-flair-after-winning-the-1992-royal-rumble-661.jpg

Looking at that grin, you'd almost swear he was the most dastardly villain in the company. However he's not even close, that role is reserved for another orange, blonde haired lunatic. . .

hqdefault.jpg

There he goes again, saying his prayers, taking his vitamins, and being a jealous backstabber. Way to go Hulk, that'll show the little Hulkamaniacs how to get ahead in life Brother!

• Paid Members

Survivor Series 2002...always an underappreciated PPV, really happy to see it get some love here. Same goes for Fully Loaded 2000, a well good PPV that manages to entertain throughout despite Al Snow vs Taz. I would've chucked in Vengeance 2003 in the mix, another bloody good time that flies by.

Archived