Backlash (this year and previous)

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I'd say you might, seeing as fat was the first adjective you used when ripping into her.

I don't think the order of adjectives particularly shows preference. She's as clumsy as she is fat.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Cheapheat said:

It does though, cause fat comes after clumsy in the order of adjectives technically.

I had no idea there was a proper order. Every day is a learning day.

• Awards Moderator

Great opener. I like Elias, and would like José to keep adding members of the undercard to his conga lines. Joe looked good in the main event.

But.

Nia isn’t very good, Orton vs Hardy was boring and I should have watched their 2008 match instead, nobody should be beating Charlotte until she wrestles Rousey, least of all Carmella, it’s extremely stupid how were supposed to think booo evil Cass for a post match attack then think yaaaaay such heroes when Braun and Lashley do it an hour later, and Reigns takes WAY too much punishment for a supposed top star and I’m starting to get to the stage of actively not looking forward to his matches.

Proportionally speaking I didn’t like this show. But well done to Rollins, Miz, Elias, Jose and Joe. Especially Rollins, he’s been fantastic this year.

• Paid Members

Didn't detest most of it as per the majority, but my main takeaway was that Rollins is ready to be WWE's top babyface. He's putting in some absolutely fantastic shifts, and while he's not the greatest in terms of his promo work, the crowd are all over him right now. WWE used to be excellent at striking while the iron was hot - they've got someone in Rollins who I think can legit carry the ship and they need to throw everything they have it him. Strowman is another - even with some of the shit they've thrown him into recently he keeps coming out the other side smelling of roses. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Especially Rollins, he’s been fantastic this year.

This is the reason I watch. I love a good Phoenix from the ashes story. Absolutely nowt for ages, completely misused and uncared for. Like Henry and his HoP and when Alan bounced back.

It does give you hope for some of the under appreciated or misused waifs & strays who currently bounce around without a clue.

Yeah, Backlash was not a good show. Great opener with Rollins/Miz but there was just nothing to it after that. Didn't help that there was no real build to the show considering GRR was the real PPV this month, which explains why a heatless and without stakes Reigns/Joe match somehow ended up the main event. 

Archived