UK Wrestling Events calendar (link enclosed)

gadge

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I was down at my parents in sunny Ferndown, Dorset and saw a poster for "Wrestling at the Barrington Centre".

The Barrington Centre is the little village hall where am dram productions are done and where I first fingered a girl at a local schools dance when I was 17.  Who is running a wrestling show there?  And what sort of audience do these things get?  I can't imagine more than 20 people in Ferndown being interested in the old grappling, particularly as the poster literally said "Wrestling" with a body shot of some pleathered young chap I didn't recognise.

I've always had a fascination with these tiny wrestling shows, and wondered if anyone regularly goes to them and what they are like?

14 minutes ago, Loki said:

I was down at my parents in sunny Ferndown, Dorset and saw a poster for "Wrestling at the Barrington Centre".

The Barrington Centre is the little village hall where am dram productions are done and where I first fingered a girl at a local schools dance when I was 17.  Who is running a wrestling show there?  And what sort of audience do these things get?  I can't imagine more than 20 people in Ferndown being interested in the old grappling, particularly as the poster literally said "Wrestling" with a body shot of some pleathered young chap I didn't recognise.

I've always had a fascination with these tiny wrestling shows, and wondered if anyone regularly goes to them and what they are like?

I have NO idea but I ended up finding this and wasting 7 mins of my life so I think everyone else should too:

• Paid Members
On 11/16/2023 at 2:40 PM, Loki said:

That's a new group called 'Rizen Pro Wrestling' - they've only run one show so far, and aren't using anyone at all that you'd consider any level of star/name. Proper bottom-level indie wrestling.

They've put some of the matches from that first show on YouTube, including the main event:

Doesn't look too bad a turnout, to be fair. Sure, it's probably only just into triple figures, but isn't the single row of bored-looking punters you get at some stuff at that level of British wrestling.