General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

What do you think he'll struggle with?

For a start he's not nearly as comfortable on the ball as Dani Alves is. He's going to be slotting into a team playing a completely different brand of football where he won't be constantly covered on the right-hand side when he goes forward, exposing his above-average, at best, defensive skills. He won't be required to put crosses into the box much at all, really, so he'll have to discover one or two other avenues of attack. Plus there's the fact that I barely think there's an English player out there who really understands Guardiola's footballing philosophy, and Kyle Walker, not exactly being the sharpest knife in the draw, is definitely not one of them.

But otherwise I think he's great.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

So I missed out on a season ticket proper but decided to grab a one season only Spurs at Wembley season ticket. They haven't announced it yet but apparently this will also help me accrue a good few loyalty points so I can at least be assured that I can get to some games at the new stadium next season and I of course retain my place on the ST waiting list, so at some point in the next five to ten years I can get one for the new stadium. 

I've never been to an NLD live. I reckon the atmosphere for that, assuming it's 90k capacity, will be electric. Can't wait for that in February and of course my first home game at Wembley will be vs Chelsea. I hope we get our shit together and get the Wembley monkey off our backs and I don't end up watching a full season of home games that ends with us finishing 6th!

This will be my view for 19 home Premier League games next season. Will also be trying to get tickets for all three of our home Champions League games as well. 

area.1149.jpg

• Paid Members

Ha. It wouldn't surprise me. Levy petitioned the FA to let us fuck with the pitch to make it match the dimensions we had at WHL, which has always been a big part of our style of football, but they told him to fuck off.

I read somewhere that Chelsea might have to move out of the Bridge for like four seasons, hopefully into Wembley if the residents don't scupper it, when you're doing up your place. Is that right? 

• Paid Members

Yep. Looking forward to that like I am a kick in the nuts. The Bridge, when it is eventually completed shortly before the second coming of Christ, will be superb. But it's been a hell of a slog to even get where we are and, as you, say, we're stuck in the atmosphere vacuum of Wembley for several years.

• Paid Members

Maybe you can share with us in our new stadium, which will of course be the best in London?

EDIT: You might actually have to find a secondary venue, anyway. From what I've been reading, the idea of Chelsea home matches being played at Wembley for several seasons has not gone down well with the local residents. They weren't even that keen on having us, it was only because we only need to be there for one season that kinda helped us out.

I have heard that our new place is about 12 weeks behind schedule (although you wouldn't think it to look at it, walked past it today and fuck me they've made excellent progress. That single tier stand is going to be impressive) so I don't know what will happen if we're not done in time.

• Paid Members

I think Levy is more likely to rent us the collapsing remnants of the old White Hart Lane if I'm honest.

Other potential sites floated have been, I am not making this up, the MK Dons stadium. I frankly don't care enough about football to justify going to Milton Keynes on a regular basis.

• Paid Members
Just now, SuperBacon said:

@SpursRiot2012 "Will also be trying to get tickets for all three of our home Champions League games as well."

Ah, such optimism. Love it. 

Well, according to the club, after ST holders us "Wembley Pass" scum will be next in line, priority wise.

• Paid Members
Just now, Gus Mears said:

I think Levy is more likely to rent us the collapsing remnants of the old White Hart Lane if I'm honest.

Other potential sites floated have been, I am not making this up, the MK Dons stadium. I frankly don't care enough about football to justify going to Milton Keynes on a regular basis.

This was mooted as a potential site for us to play at before Levy did the Wembley deal. Yeah, fuck that.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

That was always Spurs' back-up plan if they couldn't play at Wembley, wasn't it? Is that stadium as soulless and empty-spirited as the town of Milton Keynes is?

Archived