Worst Match of 2016

HarmonicGenerator

Worst Match of 2016  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Awards Moderator

I'm sad that Ospreay vs Ricochet from Evolve didn't make the shortlist for this, I haven't hated a match so much for years! But I went with Lesnar vs Ambrose. I suppose objectively it wasn't the worst, but it was definitely the biggest letdown of a match this year, and the epitome of Lazy Lesnar we had to watch up until the Goldberg feud. The worst example of Brock by numbers when it could have been something much more.

• Paid Members

Lesnar vs Ambrose. The talk of Ambrose potentially slaying the beast had me interested because yeah he's a bit nuts. Right up there with HHH vs Orton as one of the most boring matches of all time.

Rebel vs Martinez was by far the worst match I saw this year, but they are terrible wrestlers who can't do any better.

That's why I voted for Lesnar vs Ambrose.

Two very good wrestlers on the biggest show of the year, and their match was painful to sit through.

There's a Facebook page with almost the exact same list of worst matches on there. I hadn't seen Rebel vs. Shelley, not being a TNA fan, but they convinced to watch it and I just... even WWE in the midst of the Diva Search days never had matches that abominable.

I got in this big discussion about "worst matches" on there too. I don't think the likes of Ambrose vs. Lesnar or HHH vs. Reigns should qualify, because they weren't anywhere near the standard of "the worst". Most disappointing or underwhelming? Sure. But they were average bouts between 2 and 3 snowflakes. Especially when you put them next to Rebel vs. Shelley.

Ho Ho Lun vs. Daivari was my vote before I saw the TNA car crash, too. Mostly down to Lun, Daivari's since proved himself to be decent. Lun's the worst to sign a WWE contract since maybe Heidenreich. Can't sell well, can't deliver offence, looks like an unathletic 12 year old...

The problem with the Asylum Match was simply the pacing. They took forever to get the weapons. It was a bad one. But not good either. Ambrose v Lesnar didn't live up to the hype. Particularly Dean getting weapons in the run up and really hyped them. We just saw a couple of swings of the bat and the chainsaw didn't even start. Not that a dismemberment was really going to happen in front of a 6 figure crowd. But still.

Edited by Jon-Carr_92