Watching UFC Events Live

Dzeko10

Has anyone been to America or Europe to watch the UFC? If so whats it like...?

I've been to 4 UK UFC events (UFC 89, UFC in Nottingham, UFC in Wembley and Bisping vs Silva) but I would love to go America and see an event on a July weekend with the Fan Expo etc..

Reckon they might do something like this in October if the Bisping date in Manchester/Wales is a thing. Big event, expo, some fight Week events etc.

Yeah would hope that would happen. If it's at the Millennium Stadium surely even with the roof being closed it would be freezing in October! 

The furthest I've travelled is to Dublin, and I had an excellent weekend. I really want to go to an international event. I considered Hamburg, since I've been there before, and find travel to it and around Hamburg extremely easy.

Problem I've got, is I haven't got any mates that want to spend a few hundred quid on a weekend away watching UFC.

When there's another event that pops up somewhere with good travel connections, hopefully I'll make it.

• Paid Members

been to 4 UFC's (70, 105, 120 and a Fight Night). It's well worth attending when there's an Expo on, lots to see and do. Even if there's not an Expo, the weigh-in's/q&a's are highly recommended if you like to nerd out over them kind of things.

I went to the first Silva v Weidman fight and Mighty Mouse v Dodson last year in Vegas. To be honest, I think I would prefer to watch in a bar with a decent crowd than the arena. I pretty much found myself watching the big screen at both events. Obviously the Silva show had lots of great fights and one of the biggest moments in the sport so it was good to be there. The Mighty Mouse show was shit though and I'd drunk so much throughout the afternoon I can barely remember any of the fights. Sometimes the stars just don't align for a show - UFC 200 being the case in point. 

The UFC are brilliant with the fans though and if you are into that kind of thing, you can access lots of fighters, go to the weigh-ins, open workouts etc. And of course there's Vegas. 

I reckon it would be brilliant going out there to support someone like Conor. I'm keeping half an eye on the next Bisping fight. 

I went to the first Silva v Weidman fight and Mighty Mouse v Dodson last year in Vegas. To be honest, I think I would prefer to watch in a bar with a decent crowd than the arena. I pretty much found myself watching the big screen at both events. Obviously the Silva show had lots of great fights and one of the biggest moments in the sport so it was good to be there. The Mighty Mouse show was shit though and I'd drunk so much throughout the afternoon I can barely remember any of the fights. Sometimes the stars just don't align for a show - UFC 200 being the case in point. 

The UFC are brilliant with the fans though and if you are into that kind of thing, you can access lots of fighters, go to the weigh-ins, open workouts etc. And of course there's Vegas. 

I reckon it would be brilliant going out there to support someone like Conor. I'm keeping half an eye on the next Bisping fight. 

How much roughly did you spend all in all for the Vegas trips if you don't mind me asking? It's something on my list do and July next year could be a possibility. 

How much roughly did you spend all in all for the Vegas trips if you don't mind me asking? It's something on my list do and July next year could be a possibility. 

About two and a half grand I'd estimate. You could shave a lot off that though.

• Paid Members

As mentioned before on the board, I went to UFC 159 Jones vs Sonnen in New Jersey. There's definitely a completely different feel to it than the UK events. 

For 159, I dragged my wife along and she was amazed at how glammed up a lot of the women were. It seemed a lot more up market compared to UK events. Perhaps it was the calibre and cost of tickets that made a difference? 

Personally, I would only spend money now on going to see a Conor Mcgregor fight for the experience, as on the occasions I've been there, whilst enjoying myself, I actually prefer watching at home. 

I wouldn't even mind being in Vegas at the same time as the events, soaking up all the free stuff like the Q & A's and Weigh in's, and like Bifkin suggested, watching the fight in a bar. 

Never attended a UFC event, the bar environment is really good though, as long as there's not to many morons. I know MMA gets a bad rep for the people it attracts over here, but generally whenever I've watched an event live the people have always seemed friendly enough. I'm not that inclined to go unless I'm getting a decent seat. I sat cageside for BAMMA once a year or so ago, that was fun. But like others have said £120+ to watch a big screen isn't for me.

• Paid Members

other than the people who get lucky and bag cageside seats i actually think it's worth paying the extra to sit as close to the ring/cage as possible. It's a better experience.

• Paid Members

yeh that's a good shout, unless you can get within the few few rows of the floor seats they might be your best bet. If it's that empy it should be easy enough to get there.

How many tickets do you think they've actually sold?

Archived