LPW Wrestling presents Rise from the Ashes

LPW

Here is another promo I feel the background is much better in a way and the promo itself is ok I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp8-sd5f1Xw&feature=youtu.be

How is this guy a wrestler? Awful promo aside, he's massively out of shape, cutting a promo with a cigarette lit, in an awful jacket and t-shirt combo (can I assume he wrestles in that t-shirt?), and with a nickname of "The Devil's Playboy", which holds no relevance at all to the guy I'm looking at, except the face painted girl next to him managing to look a little bit gothic/'Satanic'.

This 'Bash' fellow from the previous post is just as bad, in different ways. He has zero interest in what he's saying, so little conviction, so little passion...paints his face and has a baseball logo, and yet is in no way looking like a baseball player.

No disrespect, Adam, but where are you finding these guys?!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of shape, if my memory is right did WWE not have guys like Vader, Bray Wyatt ect. They are talented.That's his act Cig, jacket. I am finding these guys from one of the top UK promotions WAW. I say how i call it maybe they are not great at promos but they are very talented in the ring as i have worked with them in the past. MAYBE i need to look into the promo stuff more and research.

• Paid Members

Out of shape, if my memory is right did WWE not have guys like Vader, Bray Wyatt ect. They are talented.That's his act Cig, jacket. I am finding these guys from one of the top UK promotions WAW. I say how i call it maybe they are not great at promos but they are very talented in the ring as i have worked with them in the past. MAYBE i need to look into the promo stuff more and research.

As someone that's worked in production for 16+ years:

The biggest point which I can't stress enough; get someone you trust to film them. You'll have 101 things to do as a promoter and getting involved in production is not something you'll have enough time to do properly.

Don't feel you need to put every promo you have filmed online. If you aren't happy with it, don't use it.

Let talent see the promos back and do another take (It costs nothing to do a second, third or forth take) It doesn't matter if you're 100% happy with a promo, film it again. It's always better to have a second take.

Good sound quality is essential!

The promos are basically trailers for your promotion. The look and presentation should sum up who you are as a company, who they are as a character and what the feud is about.

What are you trying to get from the promo? Does the promo tick all these boxes? 

Not every promo is going to be a home run but a decent promo can get some great buzz for a match.

Maybe I need to see some of his stuff, but comparing Sam Knee to Vader/Bray Wyatt is a bit of stretch, no? His act is his lifestyle, which doesn't scream WRESTLER. I'll look him up, watch some of his work. 

I'd definitely look into the promo stuff more. It's not like you're not on the right path. You're getting stuff online to promote your event, to build to matches, etc, but when the wrestlers come across as completely uninterested and monotonous, how can you expect people to get excited for it? 

Edit - First result up on Youtube was Ricky Knight vs Sam Knee. Look at the intensity that Ricky displays. Whilst it's not the greatest setting for a promo (background etc), he actually seems like he wants to get his hands on Knee. It's followed by a slightly less compelling promo from Knee, which still shows a lot more character than he's showing in the promo you posted. If he can show more character...get him to. This is your product you're selling, and you're paying them to sell it. 

If they are not great at promos as you say then why ask them to do them and then upload to YouTube. They are not very professional.

This. It isn't a case of throw everything online and see what sticks. I'm not saying you need to go all Kubrick with your takes, but don't just do a one take. Make them sound like they want that LPW belt more than anything, otherwise it's all a bit Ken "Oh no" Barlow and nobody wants to see that.

Keith your right about do more takes and if that was me filming yeh I would have control but I don't. This show if any are on the next I cut the promos on sat so they are done my way. I fully get what you guys are saying and yes made a mistake and take on board and change it.

You know if I say it needs changing or something like that I feel people have ago about me and make out I am wrong when I am not.

I think I was thinking like showing you some of the guys who are wrestlers you know, in the past some of you have said oh I only know that guy but none of the others if that makes sense.

Like I said made a mistake and going to fix it easy sorted.

Ken Rape is far greater an actor. What about his tour de force when he claimed that Cock Roache had relations with a Gene Simmons amount of women. Olivier award worthy

I preferred Ken Rape's soliloquy when his mate Aitken was getting sent down for making his teenage daughter commit perjury. Probably doubled his sentence.

Archived