The UK MMA Promotions Thread: BAMMA, Cage Warriors, ETC

seanz25

• Paid Members

Weird ending to tonight's Cage Warriors show. Ali Arish in a submission not locked all that tight, starts slapping the side of Marshman and when the ref calls it as a tap complains it is ground and pound.

missed the show and saw a spoiler so i didnt see the entire thing. I did see the highlight though, very strange.

Im gonna rewatch the Barrett/Reid thing. What a mess it was. The build up was the most obviously staged, pro wrestling-esque build up ive ever seen in MMA.

All I really remember was Dave's horrible use of 'Bad Arse' when describing Barrett. He said it with such a strong British accent about a billion times. I'm gonna scour YouTube to find that fight again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

you wanna talk about being lost in the shuffle...

CWFC_77.jpg?1466873441

there's a Cage Warriors show this Friday. It's live on UFC Fight Pass so it'll be a nice little live show in the evening if you fancy it. I'm working late so i'll be watching it at some point over the weekend (i missed the last show, so i aint skipping this one).

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

for the second show running i've popped on facebook and saw the Marshman result (he's a local guy so he's all over my feed), i forgot about it being live on friday evening and logged onto my phone whilst in work, fuck sake.

for the second show running i've popped on facebook and saw the Marshman result (he's a local guy so he's all over my feed), i forgot about it being live on friday evening and logged onto my phone whilst in work, fuck sake.

Marshan to me is really odd, I've probably not seen enough of him to warrant an opinion, but the few times I've seen him comfortably win his opponent has offered next to nothing leaving Jack with a relatively easy KO win. Is he UFC bound?

• Paid Members

i'd imagine so, Cage Warriors take pride in creating UFC fighters so it feels like they are priming him for a call up. He'll be the first Welshman to get the nod. Given that Cage Warriors have a Cage Warriors Wales offshoot now i think we'll see a few Welshman make the leap in the next year or so.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

random UK MMA thought...

id love to see an IFL type crew take an interest in UK MMA. IFL does such a brilliant job of following the UK boxing scene, they show up at every major show, the weigh-in's, press conference etc. and stick a microphone in front of anyone involved that's willing to speak. I'd love to see a similar thing happen with a team at Cage Warriors/BAMMA shows, i think it'd really help build an online fanbade, IFL generates a lot of buzz and huge youtube numbers for events. Woah TV do some decent stuff but id love to see a team fully commit to it.

• 2 weeks later...