Should Cesaro be WWE Champion?

Duke

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

After his return on Monday, I really wanted to gauge everyone's thoughts on this subject, as he got a decent pop and was in a number 1 contenders match. I really like Cesaro's matches,but he doesn't really have a character, and his promos need some serious work. But does that really hold him back? Isnt it matches that matter most? Id love to hear your thoughts.

Oh, and I know there's rumours of this "Fat man" who leaps out at people and calls them names that no one else understands when they talk about things like this. You don't need to worry about him, hes an urban legend, a myth to keep real wrestling fans down. And if he is real, he's a vigilante and the mods will take him down. Nothing to worry about.

• Paid Members

YES! But under one circumstance. That Vince's private jet has plummeted into the side of the Andes and killed John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, The Undertaker, The Rock, Kevin Owens, AJ Styles, Chris Jericho, Sami Zayn, Ryback, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, The Miz, Jason Jordan, Baron Corbin, Nakarama, Bubba Dudley, New Day and, fuck it, Shane McMahon.

For me, no.

I don't particularly mind his matches and my reaction on Raw when he came out was 'oh cool, Cesaro' followed quickly by 'oh shit he better not be winning'.  As part of a multi man match where he can get his stuff in like on Raw he's ok but he's bland as fuck and below Roman on the personality scale.

But what do I know, I found Daniel Bryan boring.

• Paid Members

There's nothing a champion needs to have that Cesaro doesn't already possess. He has a good look, he can wrestle a bunch, and he has that intangible charisma that fills a room. As with so many others, when you see him on shows like Total Divas his personality is perfect for a smiling babyface or snarky heel, and if they'd allow this to shine through - rather than Dunn's favoured awkward foreigner - it would be the final piece of the puzzle. Cesaro for champ!

YES! But under one circumstance. That Vince's private jet has plummeted into the side of the Andes and killed John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, The Undertaker, The Rock, Kevin Owens, AJ Styles, Chris Jericho, Sami Zayn, Ryback, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, The Miz, Jason Jordan, Baron Corbin, Nakarama, Bubba Dudley, New Day and, fuck it, Shane McMahon.

Fucking hate the lack of Heath slater on here

• Paid Members

and he has that intangible charisma that fills a room.

Obviously an opinion can't be wrong. But if it could, this is the most wrong I've ever read. And I've read that the holocaust never happened and that the US government took down the World Trade Centre.

You don't think he has charisma, Rick? Seriously? 

Sure, it's not the type of charisma that you see from Chris Jericho, Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair, but he's got that uber-cool understated vibe going. A bit like Batista had except less shit.

He's like a Bond villain, a hitman and a Swiss millionaire all rolled into one, and whenever you see him he looks like money. 

He certainly wouldn't be showing up on Regis wearing jean shorts and wristbands, that's for sure.

He doesn't have world champion charisma. He's a perfect second level guy, good matches, great look, but he's not the guy to carry things.

He doesn't have world champion charisma. He's a perfect second level guy, good matches, great look, but he's not the guy to carry things.

And the current crop of top guys do? Dean Ambrose with his ill-fitting jeans, average build and ridiculous hair? Kevin Owens who looks as though he should be wrestling down the local sportscentre? John Cena who looks more ridiculous and like Joey from Friends pretending to be 22 the older he gets? 

In my opinion there are a handful of guys who are in their prime and who look the part of a World Champion. Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins & Cesaro.

If given the right character Cesaro could be fantastic. Like I said, he's a hitman, Bond villain and Swiss millionaire all rolled up into one. He would have looked the part in Evolution if he'd been around back then.

He has the charisma of socially awkward teenager trying to have a conversation with a French teacher whilst tugging his boat out to shore underneath the table.

Go back to Raw, all of you, and watch him remove that ill fitting suit like a Chippendale Hogan and march down to the ring wearing nothing but his knick-knacks and a pair of shades. He's walking like a 5 year old marching to the paddling pool on a balmy day.

The big nippled twat is an absolute affront to the second half of any wrestling show he ruins.

Fuck him. Fuck his baldy head. Fuck his stupid shades. Fuck the twat siren.

Fuck the fact that his signature offence is making people dizzy.

I'd rather dig the logs out of any of your chocolate coup's then have to watch that man ever win the WWE title.

And the current crop of top guys do? Dean Ambrose with his ill-fitting jeans, average build and ridiculous hair? Kevin Owens who looks as though he should be wrestling down the local sportscentre? John Cena who looks more ridiculous and like Joey from Friends pretending to be 22 the older he gets? 

In my opinion there are a handful of guys who are in their prime and who look the part of a World Champion. Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins & Cesaro.

If given the right character Cesaro could be fantastic. Like I said, he's a hitman, Bond villain and Swiss millionaire all rolled up into one. He would have looked the part in Evolution if he'd been around back then.

Wait, you don't think John Cena has world champion charisma?

This thread is going to melt my brain, I can tell.

Wait, you don't think John Cena has world champion charisma?

This thread is going to melt my brain, I can tell.

I'm talking about the guys who are either in that position already, or have been touted as being worthy of it.

Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, I'm with you on Owens. 'Never has a man distracted me so much with his stretch marks' should never be your first thought about a world champion.

But, John Cena has charisma to burn. For all his perceived faults (most of which are utter cobblers), he oozes charisma. He eats up any screen time he gets, he controls any scene. Unless they run with Roman as a heel when they feud, it could be an absolute disaster; it'd show up Roman's faults times a million stood next to the guy they want him to be. He'd be like the twin with the hairy mole.

Not to derail, but that's the problem with Roman more than anything; he's a passive screen presence. Alone, he woos you with his sexy hair and beautiful face. But, anyone higher than FUCKING CESARO on the performer scale just eats the screen time away from him. Never has this been more apparent than when he's forced to do angles with Ambrose, whose twitchy, scattergun charisma constantly distracts from Roman just stood there, brooding.

His heel act on Raw was the way they should go, as he actually demanded attention. He's way too passive as a face.

Archived