UFC 196: McGregor vs Diaz

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

RDA doesn't fight at 145lbs though, and already looks jacked at 155lbs. So yes, if he moved up 2 weight classes to 205lbs, people would ask questions because he'd look like a mini Bob Sapp at his height at 205lbs.

But again - McGregor is not "moving up" 2 weight classes. He's just not cutting much weight for a 170lb fight, that was supposed to be at 155lbs. Your comparison has multiple flaws. At least compare like with like. McGregor looks like death weighting in at 145lbs. 155lbs is a good weight class for him, as he walks around between 175-180lbs fully fed & hydrated.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said, it's a question that can be asked. The facts don't always play a part, as we saw when RDA's broken foot was referred to as a bruised foot by Conor.

Guy jumps from 145lbs to 170lbs within three months. Questions can be asked. 

Gamesmanship. That's what Diaz and his coaches are doing, and they got a reaction from McGregor at that press conference. It's the first time I've seen him actually lose control a bit.

• Paid Members

RDA doesn't fight at 145lbs though, and already looks jacked at 155lbs. So yes, if he moved up 2 weight classes to 205lbs, people would ask questions because he'd look like a mini Bob Sapp at his height at 205lbs.

If RDA jumped to 205 (which would obviously ridiculous) people would be more than right to question it, yeah, because it's past the point of his 'walk-around' weight. There's no way he walks around over 200lbs. So yeah, I agree with you 100% on that.

But I agree with David's general point. If RDA even went up to 170, the 'he's gotta be juicing' brigade would jump all over him. And like your point with McGregor, he wouldn't be 'moving up', just cutting less weight. You just know he'd be accused of roiding though. Fuck, he's being accused now at 155, based on nothing but pure speculation and a couple of carefully selected comparison pictures. McGregor hasn't been accused (apart from Nate's mad rambling) but it'd be the same thing.

I don't think McGregor OR Dos Anjos are cheating, by the way. As always, I'd never rule anyone out, but I think they're both clean. But I do think people would be much quicker to blast RDA if he went up to 170.

If RDA jumped to 205 (which would obviously ridiculous) people would be more than right to question it, yeah, because it's past the point of his 'walk-around' weight. There's no way he walks around over 200lbs. So yeah, I agree with you 100% on that.

But I agree with David's general point. If RDA even went up to 170, the 'he's gotta be juicing' brigade would jump all over him. And like your point with McGregor, he wouldn't be 'moving up', just cutting less weight. You just know he'd be accused of roiding though. Fuck, he's being accused now at 155, based on nothing but pure speculation and a couple of carefully selected comparison pictures. McGregor hasn't been accused (apart from Nate's mad rambling) but it'd be the same thing.

I don't think McGregor OR Dos Anjos are cheating, by the way. As always, I'd never rule anyone out, but I think they're both clean. But I do think people would be much quicker to blast RDA if he went up to 170.

RDA has said on record that he walks around at 195lbs when he's not competing.

• Paid Members

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/03/01/conor-mcgregor-nate-diaz-ufc-196-fan-apartment-fight-video/

Conor drops in on a fan after seeing a cardboard cut-out of himself on their balcony. Super nice thing to do.

Smart as well, considering he took a whole camera crew with him.

Does it not get tiring being a contrarian the whole time?

Are you aware the UFC crew is with him all week, no? Plus it wasn't spontaneous - he shouted "I'm calling up to you tomorrow".

• Paid Members

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/03/01/conor-mcgregor-nate-diaz-ufc-196-fan-apartment-fight-video/

Conor drops in on a fan after seeing a cardboard cut-out of himself on their balcony. Super nice thing to do.

Wouldn't surprise me if he has a camera crew following him 24/7 at the moment. Especially this close to a fight.

Technically therefore he even takes a camera crew to the shitter with him. Smart.

EDIT: Herbie beat me to it.

Does it not get tiring being a contrarian the whole time?

Are you aware the UFC crew is with him all week, no? Plus it wasn't spontaneous - he shouted "I'm calling up to you tomorrow".

Of course I'm aware, I'm just saying it was smart doing it at the time they were filming is all, it made for good viewing. The video segment made TMZ, didn't it? More publicity, more eyeballs, more interest. He certainly knows what he's doing.

How long did it take to go viral?

Archived