Best finish to a match

DraxSpago

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I actually like the the last 5 mins or so of the Edge/Batista title match (the one where Vickie gets Batista bombed onto the Edgeheads) due to the number of seamless false finishes. One of the few matches I enjoyed despite the screwy finish. Can't remember what PPV it was at though.

• Paid Members

One I should've mentioned before: main event of WMXX. Those last few moments with Triple H in the Crossface, the drama was ridiculous amount simply because he was taking so long to tap. We fans have been conditioned to understand that, when someone's in a submission finish that long and match doesn't finish, the hold will either be reversed or be broken up by someone (especially in multiple-man matches), so as time went by my heart sank as the notion that HBK or Evolution would ruin Benoit's big moment seemed more and more likely.

My heart was in my mouth (which is odd as it was sinking) at the perfect moment when Trips finally tapped. It was the last time I ever jumped out of the seat and yelled when watching wrestling.

One of the reasons why Triple H is one of the absolute best in the sport (with honourable mentions to HBK and Voldemort).

No ending to a match for me would ever top when Mankind beat The Rock for the title for the first time. It involved the loudest pop ive heard when Austin came down, all the top guys were involved at ringside and was a very feel good moment at the time. Infact it's the best ending to any Raw ever in my opinion. Only thing better would have been if JR was commentating rather than Michael Cole.

Archived