Richard Herrings Emergency Questions -- Your Answers

JNLister

• Paid Members

For those who don't know, comedian Richard Herring does a live podcast with a comedy/celeb guest each week and has a bank of "emergency" questions, supposedly in case the conversation dries up, but now almost always included. They're all a bit odd, so let's see your answers. (Clarification included where it's been developed over the series.)

Would you rather have a ham hand or an armpit that could dispense suncream?

(The ham hand grows back at the same rate as fingernails, so you can nibble on it, but if you eat it in one go it'll take a while to be usable again. The suncream is only enough for you and your family's needs.)

Would you rather have a tit that dispenses talcum powder or a finger that can travel through time? If the latter, how would you use it?

(The talcum powder is an endless supply so you can sell it. With the finger, you can feel whatever it touches, and your brain will see as if you were looking through the end of the finger.)

Have you ever seen a ghost?

Have you ever tried to suck your own cock?

As you lay dying, which celebrity would you want to stroke your hair?

Would you rather date a man who was a six foot penis or a man whose penis was another tiny man?

(The six foot penis has a face but is otherwise anatomically a penis, including a spouthole atop his head/helmet. The little man has an independent personality and is facing up.)

• Awards Moderator

Suncream armpit. Couldn't have a dog if I had a ham hand.

Would you rather have a tit that dispenses talcum powder or a finger that can travel through time? If the latter, how would you use it?

Talcy tit, by default because I can't see the use of the finger for me.

No, and I'm scared of it ever happening.

No, but hearing the story on Never Mind The Buzzcocks about Marilyn Manson always led me to believe it can be done if you have one of your vertebrae removed.

Newsreader Moira Stewart. My first love. She'd soothe me as I died.

Would you rather date a man who was a six foot penis or a man whose penis was another tiny man?

Tiny man penis. My date is presumably wearing trousers, and providing we don't go all the way, tiny man's not going to be much of an issue.

That was odd.

• Paid Members

Suncream — it's an unwanted expense, whilst ham is generally cheap and plentiful. If it's that fancy Spanish ham, I'd revisit the issue. Also, our cat has a bit of ham mania about him, whilst I've never known him to eat sunscreen.

Timefinger, definitely. Traveling through time would be the ultimate journey, whilst I've not ever knowingly used talc.

Nope, it's the sight that I fear most.

Nah, I'm not limber enough.

Salma Hayek, just to say I'd seen her.

Tiny man. I don't want to be seen out with a giant penis man.
  •  

• Paid Members

I don't care for either, but I think a ham hand would be really impractical, so I'll go with the summertime armpit.

Time travel, no question. Think of the things you could see first hand. Ancient Egypt. The hysteria of the moon landings as they happened. Jesus. Dinosaurs. Woodstock. Mozart.

Possibly. I used to work in a nightclub that over the years was a police station, abattoir, hops drying house, and God knows what else. Lots of people experienced weird things, but it was one of those old creaky buildings where sound carries weirdly and the abundance of mirrors everywhere left over from the 80s meant that you'd constantly catch glimpses of people out the corner of your eye.

There was an incident when someone or something tried to smash it's way in through the fire doors, even though the CCTV showed that there was nobody there. That shit a few people up, and we never found a rational explanation for it.

I was a skinny bendy lad as a teenager. I'll say no more.

Lorraine Kelly. She's got a great "comforting aunt" quality, and would probably slip me a shortbread or two.

The second. It'd be like a live action version of Wicked Willy.

• Awards Moderator

The most recent episode with Lou Sanders (never heard of her) was unbearable. The only one I've had to switch off. Her wacky drug stories were tedious and laughing after every line drove a nail through my skull.

Suncream. I've got two kids, so thinking of the money-saver.

Time-traveling finger. Does anyone still use talc?

Yes. The house I grew up in was haunted, and around half ten each night, a little old lady would walkalong the hallway at the top of the stairs. Never got warm, either. First time I saw her I was about 8. The top floor of the house never got warm, despite having central heating and double-glazing. My mum saw her a few times as well.

I can't even touch my toes. I've got no chance.

Brian Blessed. That voice announcing me into the afterlife would be an entrance of Undertaker-at-Wrestlemania proportions.

Little man.

Archived