Prem league footy in USA - legal streaming

Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Hello,

I'm just wondering if anyone is aware of any American sports sites that allow you to stream PL footy? Although I understand region restrictions, I'm asking about legal pay to use sites that would either require a monthly subscription (or highly unlikely) be free to stream.

NBC offers such a service but unfortunately, you require a TV subscription in order to use the free stream version. (Much like sky and Sky go).

I'm looking for something that's similar to the WWE network way of working but for footy.

Apologies if this should have been posted in another footy thread. I thought people who may not be football fans, may know because they do similar with other sports. Feel free to move if needs be.

Cheers all

• Paid Members

Unblock US has a guide to legal streams for Premier League around the world. You can actually watch every game live if you're prepared to pay (and if you're fine with breaching regional restrictions):

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/1645604-where-to-watch-the-english-premier-league-with-unblock-us?b_id=530

• Paid Members

Thanks John. I don't know how i missed that page as i do use that service.

Couldn't believe the cost of star sports, nearly signed up but had a look for reviews. A lot are saying you get what you pay for as the stream through unblocker is shocking.

Ill keep hunting but thanks again.

Couldn't believe the cost of star sports, nearly signed up but had a look for reviews. A lot are saying you get what you pay for as the stream through unblocker is shocking.

I use Star Sports via Unblock-us and it's absolutely fine. It takes maybe 30 seconds to even itself out, but the streams have been fine for me thus far.

• Paid Members

Unblock region settings are is only for Netflix, where the content varies between country. Every other service it supports, the content is the same for all users, so it just disguises you as a relevant country automatically.

What region do you choose on Unblock Us? India isn't an option.

Also, what device do you watch Star Sports on? Is there English commentary? And is it just Premier League or do they have other leagues too?

Cheers.

I haven't altered my region from US on Unblock us.

I watch it on my iPad or my laptop which is connected to my telly. You need to register a US iTunes account to watch it via their iPad app though.

They show certain games live, but they show every EPL game (or close to it) on demand shortly after, all of which are excellent quality and come complete with English commentary. I think they may get their feed from the EPL match pass deal that you can get in the US?

They also show Serie A and La Liga.

Oh, and you need to pay for it via a credit card. No Paypal.  

Ah, I had to put an address in to sign up. Sorry, I'm asking so many questions.

I've signed up, can see a Serie A and La Liga came live which is great. I can see 2 minute highlights of Premier League, but are there also on demand full matches?

Trying to see if I can find a way of streaming by Chromecast. Such a mad price for the content.

Edit: Think I had the old version of the Android app. Some matches still don't have replays, but maybe they'll become available later.

• Paid Members

There's bags of info here.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1871817&page=241

The basic gist being, Star Sports and Bein Sports are unreliable & crap quality, Premier League Pass is good but beware - they periodically ban people and will keep your money and make no apologies for it.

The best option is finding an American to give you their cable login so you can watch NBC Sports. There are forums out there that may connect you with such people. People into "sling" "sharing".

.com

The basic gist being, Star Sports and Bein Sports are unreliable & crap quality.

I can't speak for Bein Sports, but I've had Star Sports for a while now and the quality has always been good to excellent. They don't cover cup games or Champions League though, which is a bit of a pain in the hole, but they deliver as far as quality goes I think.

Archived