Whatever Happened To...?

Linus

• Paid Members

Apologies if this isn't an appropriate thread, but a few of you will know I'm just coming back to this shizz after a few years away and while I've been able to catch up with the mainstream stuff there's a few British characters missing, and I wondered WEHT?

Kev O'Neil

Jack Xavier

Andy Hogg

Scott Parker

Gangster

Chaos (Gino & Virus)

Jody Fleisch

Kev Iddon

The New Breed

Hade Vansen

James Tighe

Country Boy

The Bouncer

Dave Daniels

Any ideas?

Kev O'Neil - Runs the highly successful AWW Promotion

Jack Xavier - Dropped a tonne of weight, living a good life, looks like an A-Lister Movie Star

Jody Fleisch - Still Wrestling and is a personal trainer
Hade Vansen - Signed by WWE, Appeared on one nameless Skit on Smackdown, scheduled to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania, Vince cancels the character, was released two months later, Doing acting in LA

The New Breed - Still involved in Wrestling, Ashe is involved with a new promotion, Curve plays a few characters around the scene including a try out for TNA's British Bootcamp I believe

James Tighe - Just wrestled for IPW a few weeks back

Andy Hogg

Scott Parker

Gangster

Chaos (Gino & Virus)

Kev Iddon

Country Boy

The Bouncer

Dave Daniels

• Paid Members

Both Jodie Fleisch and James Tighe looked in good nick at IPW last month, actually.

Andy Hogg used to post on here.

I'm intrigued to see what Jack Xavier looks like now based on the above!

• Paid Members

Someone should do a documentary about the FWA days, like the ECW one the WWF put out. Really interesting period of British Wrestling. So many wrestlers I remember from that time period. Would love to know their thoughts on what they thought was in the future for the promotion (and themselves), because they had their own national radio show, they did a special on Bravo, they had a loyal following, they had magazine coverage, they were pumping out good wrestlers from their training school, they always had these little things on TV (like the mini-documentary on T4 and stuff). It would be interesting to know who bought into it and who was skeptical. It was truly like nothing the modern fan had seen previously. First heard about it through WOW magazine, and bought "When Thunder Strikes" from SSTs based off it. Nova looked like Shawn Michaels. He had his 1997 physique and even had his little pendant he'd wear, if memory serves. Couldn't believe it was the same bloke.

Who owns the FWA footage these days?

Someone should do a documentary about the FWA days, like the ECW one the WWF put out. Really interesting period of British Wrestling. So many wrestlers I remember from that time period. Would love to know their thoughts on what they thought was in the future for the promotion (and themselves), because they had their own national radio show, they did a special on Bravo, they had a loyal following, they had magazine coverage, they were pumping out good wrestlers from their training school, they always had these little things on TV (like the mini-documentary on T4 and stuff). It would be interesting to know who bought into it and who was skeptical. It was truly like nothing the modern fan had seen previously. First heard about it through WOW magazine, and bought "When Thunder Strikes" from SSTs based off it. Nova looked like Shawn Michaels. He had his 1997 physique and even had his little pendant he'd wear, if memory serves. Couldn't believe it was the same bloke.

Myself and Alex/Tony Sefton mainly, there is probably a few bits floating around.

We've both talked about making a rise and fall of FWA documentary, but we're both in agreeance it is a major project. We'd want it to cover the real stories of FWA, talking to all the people who were apart of it from the begging to the end. It would be a major piece of work but an incredible piece. Maybe when we're not so busy with other projects it will see the light of day.

Hi Linus,

I am still about, just lower profile these days!

I have had some serious health issues at times since 2007, but have wrestled the odc bit most years.

Oct 2011 I helped set up NCWA Community Wrestling Alliance training school, and Elite British Wrestling show promotion.

We run mainly in Sheffield and Rotherham, and train in Rotherham and Dronfield.

Cheap plug

www.facebook.com/elitebritishwrestling

www.facebook.com/ncwauk

www.youtube.com/ncwauk

If this is the same Linus from back in the day, was actually only talking about you to the Hunter Brothers yesterday!

Oh I am married with Four Children so along with the Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid arthritis a lack of time management skills meant I cut back on a lot of the travel.

Hope you are well

I'm intrigued to see what Jack Xavier looks like now based on the above!

Seriously, he looks like a movie star. He was at BritWresFest a few years back. He said hello and he could tell I didn't recognise him, and even when he was speaking I still couldn't figure it such was the transformation. Stunning lady on his arm too. Life looked like it had treated the funky monkey all too well. Good for him too, classy guy from day one.

Hi Linus,

I am still about, just lower profile these days!

I have had some serious health issues at times since 2007, but have wrestled the odc bit most years.

Oct 2011 I helped set up NCWA Community Wrestling Alliance training school, and Elite British Wrestling show promotion.

We run mainly in Sheffield and Rotherham, and train in Rotherham and Dronfield.

Cheap plug

www.facebook.com/elitebritishwrestling

www.facebook.com/ncwauk

www.youtube.com/ncwauk

If this is the same Linus from back in the day, was actually only talking about you to the Hunter Brothers yesterday!

Oh I am married with Four Children so along with the Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid arthritis a lack of time management skills meant I cut back on a lot of the travel.

Hope you are well

Myself and Alex/Tony Sefton mainly, there is probably a few bits floating around.

We've both talked about making a rise and fall of FWA documentary, but we're both in agreeance it is a major project. We'd want it to cover the real stories of FWA, talking to all the people who were apart of it from the begging to the end. It would be a major piece of work but an incredible piece. Maybe when we're not so busy with other projects it will see the light of day.

If this ever made light of day then expect my name to be the first one down for a preorder. I couldn't get enough of FWA back in the day. I think I only missed 1 Broxbourne show from 2000-2010.

Keeping on topic:

Whatever happened to Mark Belton?

• Paid Members

Not an FWA documentary as such, but the forthcoming Two Falls To A Finish documentary is scheduled to cover the World of Sport era, modern wrestling, and the stuff in between.

IIRC, Curve started wrestling under his real name when somebody finally realised you won't come up with a better ring name for a playboy character than Phil Bedwell.

• Paid Members

Cheers for the replies so far, I'll keep an eye out for those mentioned already. Go Country Boy, eh?

As for an FWA rise & fall, that would be fantastic. I was only there for 18 months, but the last year was a rollercoaster ride. Good (and very occasionally) times. I could even tell you about the gimmicks that I couldn't get passed, even when I was booking :)

Oh come on lets be real the history of FWA can be done in less that a paragraph hell it could even be done as a word game of organising the following words correctly - Shane - Dreamer- Alex - and -Ego - Massive - has - Shitehouse - is - he.

Anything else you are in severe danger of believing your own hype.

I did hear an interesting anecdote on Alex Shane the other day I was saving for my after dinner speaking career but will retell it now a certain person said

'the only reason so many people still talk to Alex Shane now after all these years and going ons is because he still owes them money'

Gareth -The Girthy Gangster' Humphreys and UCW have more or less for all intents and purposes fallen apart since his Mum & Dad shuffled their mortal coils (or wobbled in his mums case) from this Earth. With them gone and Gareth being incapable of knowing what a wrestling show is let alone being able to manage one correctly it left a gap for the shows to be run into the ground by Jonny Mr Shitarse Rose and his band of travelling tributes. He's alos had trouble with his exmisses and access to his kids recently cos believe it or not ( and this isn't a work or angle ) Jonny Rose misses is now with Gareth.

Archived