MMA: Best Fighter of 2013

dopper

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Voted Vitor.

Really tough choice though, this one. You could make a strong case for all of the names there. I was torn between about four of them - Vitor, Faber, Pettis and Lawler. All had an absolutely fantastic 2013.

But Vitor has just been on fire all year. Yeah he's on TRT but I don't care. I don't agree with TRT but technically he's not doing anything that's against the rules or banned so I'm not penalising him for that. He's kicked three heads off this year and one of them was Hendo who'd never been knocked out before in a 16 year career. And he's just had a different vibe to him lately. He's possessed.

Vote Vitor!

Pettis for me, and he has only had 2 fights.

Simply, he destroyed Cerrone and made him look like a club fighter, and took Bendo's heart away with just two body kicks. 2 fights against top 10 rated fighters, and two first round finished, one being against the Champion.

Only injuries can stop Pettis, the best Lightweight I have see since BJ Penn in 2009.

• Paid Members

For me it has to be Vitor Belfort.

Simply what stands him above the rest was the standard of competition he faced whilst also utterly annihilating them. He even fought at a bigger weightclass destroying a legend like Dan Henderson.

Faber is joint close 2nd followed by Pettis for the reasons Jim stated above.