Anyone know about Liger in the UK this March?

Arthur B. Funky

https://www.facebook.com/events/414066398724788/?source=1

I've just received a an invitation to this above event, & I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about it? I'm no shill as I'm not the promoter, I can promise you that.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
https://www.facebook.com/events/414066398724788/?source=1

I've just received a an invitation to this above event, & I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about it? I'm no shill as I'm not the promoter, I can promise you that.

I just get redirected to the events index on Facebook, so guessing it

Well, I personally feel it to be odd that a promotion modeled after World Of Sport and run local shows would drop thousands in bringing Liger and Kojima over and their fees involved when they draw without and feel that ultimately the addition of these two plus Matt Striker may result in a heavy loss suffered.

But then the promoter has also messaged me on FB to correctly inform me I have a big mouth for someone who's not been in a ring before and I will see when they make it to the UK on March 29th.

I just fear NJPW's working relationship with the UK may be damaged if this doesn't come about now.

Well, I personally feel it to be odd that a promotion modeled after World Of Sport and run local shows would drop thousands in bringing Liger and Kojima over and their fees involved when they draw without and feel that ultimately the addition of these two plus Matt Striker may result in a heavy loss suffered.

But then the promoter has also messaged me on FB to correctly inform me I have a big mouth for someone who's not been in a ring before and I will see when they make it to the UK on March 29th.

I just fear NJPW's working relationship with the UK may be damaged if this doesn't come about now.

Sounds like the usual professional kind of BritWres promoter that gives the good guys a bad name!

whats the difference between this and PCW, liger could of pulled out on PCW and Striker could of pulled out on LDN, just cause they are big names doesn't mean they wont turn up to little promotions

whats the difference between this and PCW, liger could of pulled out on PCW and Striker could of pulled out on LDN, just cause they are big names doesn't mean they wont turn up to little promotions

The difference is when it was just Liger, I didn't think much of his match up, but didn't doubt it would take place after how Liger was already over for RevPro and Preston. Even though a promotion like this wouldn't ordinarily book Liger, there was still the WOS link and Liger had prior been over. But with Kojima, for 90's NJPW fans, who would come for Kojima who wouldn't already be coming for Liger? Right there you already have two talents flying from Japan along with their fee's so you're talking in the thousands for a promotion that had PN News at it's last show in October.

Matt Striker is probably already in the country and probably not as expensive as what you'd think. But I could imagine the flights from Japan alone would be a sizable amount of the budget of the show, for a promotion that could accordingly draw 500(?) without such a massive expense.

It does seem odd for such a massive risk to be undertaken by a promotion like this when they won't advertise nor rely on the net audience that would travel to the show for Liger/Kojima to be worth bringing them over.

Archived