Anyone know about Liger in the UK this March?

Arthur B. Funky

What people forget is alot of the Japenese guys came over here to learn years ago liger being one of them so stayed in touch with many of the guys who work on Matt's shows, i am pretty sure this would have come about through one of them, so its not such an odd ball booking as it sounds and again i have found matt an honest and geniune guy who runs a sound business and is looking to expand. fair play to him.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sincerely hope my doubts are proved false. I want to be wrong. I want NJPW's working relationship with the UK to continue and strengthen. Sorry if my pessimism is having my see alarm bells when all fears should be put to bed by the previous posts. I definitely want Liger and Kojima in the UK and would be there myself if I didn't have a prior commitment on that date. I can only hope it leads to more of the 90's NJPW stars to come to the UK like Nagata and Tenzan. Who wouldn't want to see TenKoji live?

I sincerely hope my doubts are proved false. I want to be wrong. I want NJPW's working relationship with the UK to continue and strengthen. Sorry if my pessimism is having my see alarm bells when all fears should be put to bed by the previous posts. I definitely want Liger and Kojima in the UK and would be there myself if I didn't have a prior commitment on that date. I can only hope it leads to more of the 90's NJPW stars to come to the UK like Nagata and Tenzan. Who wouldn't want to see TenKoji live?

Well my son is booked to wrestle him and matt is very excited about it all so I would say no worries.

marty scrull vs jace da ace vs jimmy meadows vs matt striker

Davey boy smith jr vs Dominator

Essex boys vs danny boy Collins & matt Jarrett

jushin liger vs roy zebra kid bevis

satoshi kojima vs rampage brown

announced so far

• Paid Members
Kojima also toured her and with the CWA in Austria in Germany from late '94 through '95 so I'd imagine his situation is similar to Ligers.

i remember both very well when over here.

Ricky - Back around that time (I'd say it was somewhere between '91 - '94) I remember quite vividly getting an autograph from a Japanese wrestler at a Norwich Corn Exchange show - the reason sticks in my head is that, whilst Alan & Adam Kilby signed their own photo on the poster, there was no photo of the Japanese guy, so he signed over Klondyke Kate's picture!

That poster is long since lost, but as I've got older and learned that it was (and still remains, to a degree) the custom for Japanese promotions to send young wrestlers (particularly those earmarked for big things) to Europe to experience a different style, I've often wondered if I may have accidentally disposed of the autograph of a Japanese legend! Any recollections on who it may have been?

Sorry for kinda diverting the thread, everyone.

Kojima also toured her and with the CWA in Austria in Germany from late '94 through '95 so I'd imagine his situation is similar to Ligers.

i remember both very well when over here.

Ricky - Back around that time (I'd say it was somewhere between '91 - '94) I remember quite vividly getting an autograph from a Japanese wrestler at a Norwich Corn Exchange show - the reason sticks in my head is that, whilst Alan & Adam Kilby signed their own photo on the poster, there was no photo of the Japanese guy, so he signed over Klondyke Kate's picture!

That poster is long since lost, but as I've got older and learned that it was (and still remains, to a degree) the custom for Japanese promotions to send young wrestlers (particularly those earmarked for big things) to Europe to experience a different style, I've often wondered if I may have accidentally disposed of the autograph of a Japanese legend! Any recollections on who it may have been?

Sorry for kinda diverting the thread, everyone.

I saw both Hiro Yamamoto (Hiroyoshi Tenzan) and later Satoshi Kojima wrestle in the Colston Hall, Bristol for All Star in the early 1990's.

Tenzan was 94 and Kojima 95. Only other one I can think from that time period is Masakatsu Funaki (not the WWE guy) in 91.

At the same time as Kojima (IIRC) there was a young Japanese guy who came over to learn how to wrestle who wasn't affiliated with any Japanese promotion. Don't think he became anyone of note.

Funaki was the first person Liger performed the Shooting Star Press on.

Y'know what, I'm going to have to concede all my earlier misgivings appear to have been mislaid. Kojima vs Rampage should be a pretty nifty match too. I hope this event does very well and he returns again to defend the NWA World Heavyweight Title on these shores once more.

Archived