Favourite squash matches

Snitsky's back acne

I know it always gets mentioned, but Goldberg v Raven for the US title is a cracking squash, perhaps Goldie's best match.

To me, THATS how you book a strong monster face, not like how they did with Ryback

Fuckin Sooooooo entertaining! Crowd popping at the spear was awesome. Man I miss crowd participation so much....

I always thought Crockett/WCW squashes pissed on the WWF ones. I'll never tire of The Anderson's beating the shit out of poor Rocky King.

This is cheating cos it's not really a 'squash' at all, but any excuse to post . .

I love the fuck out of this. It's just a great 'cocky prick underestimates his opponent' type match and Flair at his best.

There was some Jay Bradley match from some random indy which was one of the best (non Sara Del Rey) squash matches I've seen in recent years, although it's been taken down from youtube unfortunately. He beat the shit out of some bloke's arm for three minutes before coming back with a chair post-match to kill him some more, just because. Got good heat for it too.

Ryback did some really good squash matches, I fucking loved those. They did some really cool stuff with it, like having the wrestlers crowded round a moniter going "awh shit I ent seen a good squash in years" or "wow that skinny kid is gonna get fucked up." Then there was the handicap stuff which was great, as well as giving the jobbers a minute of mic time to cut a shit promo. That series of squashes made him look like the man

I absolutely love squashes. I think they're the perfect TV match, showcasing the latest circus sideshow freak of nature.

For me, Goldberg will always be the king. The aforementioned Raven match and the La Parka match are my favourites, but I always have a love for Goldberg's neverending series with Jerry Flynn. Flynn always gave the match of his life and it still was never enough. I secretly hoped that Flynn would end the streak at some point, not because I felt he needed the push (although I did think that it would have been great to see a Jerry Flynn push), but because Jerry Flynn is synonymous with Goldberg to me and felt that Flynn would've known Goldberg inside out.

Ryback's original run was also amazing. The little things such as giving the jobbers promo time were inspired. In fact, there was a time after Ryback debuted where Superstars was just squash central as you had Ryback, Brodus, Cesaro, Tensai and Sandow gubbing opponents week-in, week-out as well as Big Zeke and Mason Ryan popping in to fuck people's days up. It was one of my favourites stretches of TV wrestling I've ever seen. So much fun.

Archived