NHL 2013-14 starts...

Tim Healys Chutney Spoon

So we get underway on time this season and a great match between Toronto and Montreal last night, in which there were 4 scraps! Classy move from Colton Orr after his fight with George Parros. Parros went down and faceplanted the ice. Instead of normally attempting to swing another punch or two, he immediately got up and signalled to get the doctors and trainers on as Parros appeared to be completely out of it. He's had some bad stick in the past, but credit where it's due to Orr for that.

Could be a fairly open season for the Stanley Cup this season, but think the usual suspects will be well out of it. Would think there's 3-4 slight favourites at this stage, but with potentially 100+ games to go to lift the cup, it's still anyones guess where it's going!

So we get underway on time this season and a great match between Toronto and Montreal last night, in which there were 4 scraps! Classy move from Colton Orr after his fight with George Parros. Parros went down and faceplanted the ice. Instead of normally attempting to swing another punch or two, he immediately got up and signalled to get the doctors and trainers on as Parros appeared to be completely out of it. He's had some bad stick in the past, but credit where it's due to Orr for that.

Could be a fairly open season for the Stanley Cup this season, but think the usual suspects will be well out of it. Would think there's 3-4 slight favourites at this stage, but with potentially 100+ games to go to lift the cup, it's still anyones guess where it's going!

Any thoughts on where I could watch live or extended highlights on my iPad? Been scouring the internet for a while.

Any thoughts on where I could watch live or extended highlights on my iPad? Been scouring the internet for a while.

Not sure whether it works on iPad or not, but Game Centre Live from the NHL is excellent value from all the reports I've heard. It's $99:95 for the season and you can view ANY NHL game plus highlights/re-runs and all the associated programmes like On The Fly etc. Other than that, I guess it's the usual streaming sites.

Not sure whether it works on iPad or not, but Game Centre Live from the NHL is excellent value from all the reports I've heard. It's $99:95 for the season and you can view ANY NHL game plus highlights/re-runs and all the associated programmes like On The Fly etc. Other than that, I guess it's the usual streaming sites.

for GCL it should as it works on iPod Touch 4th Gen (also works on the Android platform & Xbox360) & Some Black Out restrictions Apply as Premier Sports demanded that

For Highlights http://www.youtube.com/user/NHLVideo will have some not long after the game finishes (Basic)

Just a heads up for anyone unaware - Premier Sports has been showing a few NHL games for free over the past couple of days. From a search on Sky.com's TV guide there looks to be only one more for the time being, and that will be Ottawa vs Toronto at 1pm today. There's also NHL Tonight at 5pm.

Its worth keeping your eyes on Premier Sports on the Sky EPG, they a decent amount of stuff free to air at the start of the sports seasons to try and get you to take out a subscription. They did it with their NRL coverage this year and I would always give my old man a heads up as to what was on

Not sure how to assess our start. Went 2-0 up on the Red Wings but posted a 3-2 overtime loss, then beat the Flyers 2-1 last night. I guess it's nice to be back to winning ways but then last season (which was admittedly incredibly truncated) we had a fantastic start before falling away completely, whereas usually our playoff push is towards the end of the season.

Probably shouldn't read this much into it.

Archived