UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs Arlovski - May 8th

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I don't like Browne but I'll be a cheerleader for him that night. Fuck, I might even grow a beard and wear a Hawaiian shirt for the occasion.

Schaub's getting fucked up in this one. And I love it. He's either getting picked apart and put away on the feet. Or he'll spam takedowns and...

tumblr_myki3u0hTw1qaa8d1o2_250.gif

schaubko1-e1353948634167.jpg

He's in Big Brown.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Browne destroys him, like many people I've disliked Schaub right back to his time on TUF. I don't see Schaub having anything at all for Browne.

As for who'll get the next shot, Miocic is the only logical choice but I don't think he's ready and would've liked to see him beat a Barnett or JDS first. It would be great to see Hunt get a shot, he would only have a punchers chance of beating Cain, but when you hit as hard as Hunt does that might be all he needs. There are a lot of fun fights to be made at heavyweight, just no one to challenge Cain. I'd love Jones to move up and get beat up by Cain too.

If we do end up with Cain vs Rothwell I'll weep. It seems such a waste that Cain would have to face guys like that, but he's just a different class to nearly every other heavyweight.

• Paid Members

is it just me or is Arlovksi weirdly over relaxed? Arlovksi has pretty much always been all-business when it comes to weigh-in's, fight build up and stuff but he's in a strange, playful mood. Clowning Bigfoot in the staredown, shouting at the crowd to applaud, anyone see his open-workout video where he let a guy use his body as a punch bag? It's weird cause it seems so out of character.

Arlovski said he was nervous as hell in his return so maybe it's just a case of him enjoying the spotlight...im hoping the attitude reflects in his performance tomorrow night too.

• Paid Members

Well he's had a lot of practice.

I really hope he wins though. I like Bigfoot but it'd be pretty cool to see Arlovski rebound from that horrible Schaub fight and get a win in a good fight. Can't see it though. Especially if he fights like he did against Schaub.

• Paid Members

Just watched bits of the weigh in. Yeah, Arlovski's acting weird. Chanting along with the crowd (who were probably calling for his death or a homophobic slur or something). I don't know if this super relaxed Arlovski is a good thing or a bad thing.

Funny seeing Joe Silva trying to get between Bigfoot and Arlovski though. Have they learned nothing from the Jones-DC scuffle? I know there's no beef between Bigfoot and Arlovski but just say things escalated and something kicked off between them, little 5'2" Joe Silva isn't going to do shit, is he? Haha.

This Larissa Pachecho might be a pleasant surprise. 10-0 with 10 finishes at just 20 years old. And she's got a pretty big size advantage over Jessica Andrade as well.

• Paid Members

Just watched bits of the weigh in. Yeah, Arlovski's acting weird. Chanting along with the crowd (who were probably calling for his death or a homophobic slur or something). I don't know if this super relaxed Arlovski is a good thing or a bad thing.

yeh that's what i was saying, it's really out of character. Even his trademark arms outstretched pose looked half arsed.

He looks in slightly better shape though. Arlovski is not as a restrained character as some might think. Years ago he admitted to playing Russian Roulette after a streak of losing fights. Maybe its a new approach to try and get over the nerves he shows come fight time.

I do not dislike Big Foot, but I hope Arlovski pulls of the upset tonight 

Archived