New Japan iPPV thread

JNLister

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

New Japan are ridiculous when it comes to pageantry. They are a fantastic promotion these days. Half the roster are US regulars. There's so much appeal to the average fan on their shows. If they could get Jim Ross or Mauro Ranallo to do announcing for them, I think they'd really attract a lot more attention. I don't mind the foreign announcers myself, but I can see it being off putting for some people.

Who was the Lenne Hardt tribute doing the ring announcing?

I've caught bits and pieces of NJPW in the last 2 years from recommendations and enjoyed what I've seen. I just haven't had time to keep up with it consistently. However, some of the things I've heard about the entrances alone (the GIFs I've seen today have blown me away) are really tempting me to buy this show. On top of that, you've got a lot of US guys who have been under-utilised in America doing some really exciting things. I never thought I would enjoy a DH Smith match as much as I have done seeing his NJPW stuff. Plus I've been an Alex Shelley nut for years.

I didn't think much of the show in terms of the matches, will agree that the entrances and production in general was absolutely terrific. Typical no-selling spots aside, I really liked a lot of Shibata vs Goto. The last 5-10 mins of Devitt vs Ibushi was pretty damn good too.

Just caught this on YouTube. Boy did archer and debit look the dogs on their entrance attire. US promotions could really take note of some of the badass outfits.

Loved the highlight vid in background of previous iwgp champs before okada/ naito, which was a belter.

4 + hours of awesomeness. There were things I liked, there were things I was indifferent to but there were some things I absolutely loved.

Sakuraba still moves like a boss

When you've got Liger in the dark match, you know the show is going to rock

Great Muta is still getting the biggest pop in New Japan

Kojima is going to elevate that title and it's about time they bring some credibility to it

The IWGP JR. TAG match was so great, they innovated and moved so fast I could barely see all the action

Nakamura was so excentric and the best heavyweight on the show, in my opinion he was better than Tanahashi

Devitt vs Kota was MOTN in my opinion, especially after Bullet Club were sent to the back

Archived