Michinoku Pro: 20th Anniversary UK tour | 18th & 19th October

4FWpromoter

Great show! Everyone worked their asses off. Elgin seemed like a tad bit of a waste but Ultimo saying "what the fuck" and "you are gay" just made up for it haha. Nothing bad on that show what so ever with Zach vs Hayota and Davey vs Kenou being standouts. Davey got a lovely busted nose and that finish... What the fuck was that? It was awsome but christ...

I can only assume / hope Zach vs Hayota III happens with the time limit finish. In maybe a Ironman, 2 out of 3 etc. Tempted to go tonight now too.. We shall see.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great show last night. I'll go as far as saying it was one of the best shows I've seen in person. Stacked with talent top to bottom, all killer no filler, a huge mark-out worthy surprise guest and it was held in a cracking little venue to boot.

Can't wait for night 2.

How was the main event? Had to leave at 9.50 (before the last match of a show due to finish at 9.30 had even BEGUN - I'm blaming the ref's absurdly slow counts). I've no idea what Kenou's like..?

Thought Zack vs. Hayato was incredibly boring (not helped by the obviousness that it was going to a time limit draw), but Dragon's match was utterly HEAPS of fun - everyone involved was fantastic!

How was the main event? Had to leave at 9.50 (before the last match of a show due to finish at 9.30 had even BEGUN - I'm blaming the ref's absurdly slow counts). I've no idea what Kenou's like..?

Thought Zack vs. Hayato was incredibly boring (not helped by the obviousness that it was going to a time limit draw), but Dragon's match was utterly HEAPS of fun - everyone involved was fantastic!

You didn't like Zack vs. Hayato? I thought it was one of the better matches of the night, personally. The main event was pretty good. It took a while to get going but had a very enjoyable finishing stretch. Davey's face got busted up quite badly after a botched sunset flip.

You didn't like Zack vs. Hayato? I thought it was one of the better matches of the night, personally. The main event was pretty good. It took a while to get going but had a very enjoyable finishing stretch. Davey's face got busted up quite badly after a botched sunset flip.

It was the sunset flip was it? I thought it was one of Kenous slaps to the face that caused it.

The finish was great, i still dont know what it was.

Yeah I missed how the nose happened but it was dripping as soon as he did the flipped and after he took all those slaps it was pouring like mad

Great show though, I like how intimate the show was and really felt personally that it would of been amazing and deserved a larger venue if the attendance was there, out of interest what was the attendance?

I'd definitely agree that the venue was great. The perfect size, and drinking out of glasses at ringside felt ever so sophisticated!

Yeah, Zack/Hayato was the WORST kind of "take it in turns to punch and/or kick each other really hard" fest. Not my cup of tea at all, especially with no finish!

Speaking as a Kidlington resident I didn't really see any advertising for the event other than 1 small poster at Exeter hall itself, so that wouldn't have helped the local attendance. Well worth attending though as it was a great fun little show. Crowd seemed sluggish to begin with (for most of the first three matches really), and whilst the extra match was nice it's a shame that the main event was missed by people who couldn't stay that long as the show timings were well out. For the last there matches Zack/Hayato was a good old Japanese strong style kickfest (although a draw was predictable as it was the only match to be given 20 minutes rather than the usual 30/60), the tag team with bubblegum/elgin vs ligero/dragon was good fun with all playing their roles perfectly and Kenou/Richards was again great with 'that' finisher. I felt a mild concussion just from watching it...

no jody tonight was a bit annoying hoped to meet him

Thats a shame.

What were the results?

Bubblegum def. Himoru Takahashi

Kenbai def. Taro Nohashi

Ultimo Dragon, El Ligero & Eddie Ryan def. Volkhan Azul, Antonio Del Luca & Jack Dynamo

Saint def. Matt Lommaxx & Sammie Sahin in a triple threat match

Tiger Ali & Kenou def. Fujita Hayato & Jason Larusso

Good show. I can't say it topped the first night, but the main event was the match of the weekend by a long shot.

Archived