The decent WWE HOF topic

TheShowOff

Not a place for pointless crying about who is in, who isn't in, merit of entry etc, rather just the good fun stuff the HOF event has brought over the last few years.

heenanhof1.png

Moments like Bobby Heenan's brilliant speech in 2004.

hart5xc.jpg

The surreal feeling of Bret Hart going in and the anticipation of seeing the Hitman back on a WWE television show in front of a live audience.

534055_10150661477406443_7175346442_9783298_510274350_n_large_medium.jpg

Anticipating fresh TNA up and comer Ric Flair appearing live on WWE programming and hoping of course he would bring GUNNER.

What are some of your highlights and note worthy moments of the HOF?

• Paid Members

My two favourite HOF moments involve Hogan. Easily my favourite being when he was making a speech, mentioned Brooke which was immediately followed by an excited lad in the audience screaming 'YEEEAAAAAAHH!!!' which itself is also immediately FOLLOWED BY Hulk snapping into 'Watch it brotha! She's only 16!'.

I also got a real kick out of Austins tease of a match with Hogan too. Almost as much as he did himself. Hogan threw the idea out there earlier, knowing it would get a mental reaction and get the seeds planted and started to smell money. Then Austins out later, says he'd lost something in the back but then he found it...'a can of whoopass with Hulk Hogans name on it'. Then did a nifty little couple of steps 360 to acknowledge Hogan, who was playing pissed, and by the time he's back facing the camera Austin's absolutely grinning his tits off, probably well chuffed with himself safe in the knowledge he's content, has a shitload of wingwangs he's sitting on and has no interest in having the match, but has now made Hogan think he does. Austins face when it's back in view is just a joy. There's a great picture from the same Hall of Fame of Bret and Austin having a right hearty chuckle before the show. I imagine it was over Steve sharing what he had planned.

Archived