Looks like Jarrett's back into the swing of things (via PWInsider):

Jeff Jarrett was backstage at the Impact taping in St. Louis, Missouri this past Thursday. We are told he was involved in the backstage production meeting and was working in something of an agent's role as well. There is a lot of talk that Jarrett is starting to become more involved with the week to week of Impact again, as opposed to working behind the scenes in Nashville on new potential projects and international deals.

I never thought I would say this after the weekly PPV days but bring back Jeff Jarrett as a heel, go over AJ Styles before Xmas and have AJ as the chasing face for 2014. Fuck Me, TNA are in trouble.

Also why don't they turn the TNA UK tour into a months worth of TV tapings? That's a months worth a year done and then perhaps try something like India after the Ring Ka King run then you only need to find 10 other places to do tapings. (Hammerstein Ballroom perhaps, Impact Zone, Hotel in Vegas they did impact from)

TNA's most urgent problem is what's the best card you can book with the guys on the current roster which would make it worth watching Bound For Glory?

Edited by thefallenangel

There may be hope for TNA yet.

PWInsider.com is reporting sources inside TNA are questioning whether or not Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan will survive in TNA if reports of the company taking Impact Wrestling off the road are in fact true.

Bischoff and Hogan lobbied to air Impact on Monday nights, which failed, then they lobbied to spend more money to make more money, which failed, and finally they were behind taking Impact out of Orlando and that too has failed.

The report notes that both Bischoff and Hogan's contracts are under evaluation just like everyone else in TNA, so it remains to be seen whether or not the two will be released if Impact is pulled from the road. Additionally, Hogan's current contract with TNA is set to expire in a few weeks, which could make things interesting.

Get rid of the high earner who doesn't have any value now the nostalgia pop has worn off and take his brainwashed mate with him.

• Paid Members

Doesn't Bischoff get a bit of income for TNA with his side-businesses like the TNA betting thing? Not sure if his wage is worth it though. Hogan definitely needs to go though, too much of a good thing has rendered him without any value in TNA. He'd be good for a pop or two in WWE but not much further than that.

• Paid Members

Translated:

Hogan and Bischoff have spotted the iceberg and famous internet leek Jeremy Borash is spinning it to Mike Johnson that its TNA who want them to leave.

TNA are run by marks. The fact Hogan and Bischoff have the power they do shows they will take it in the arse until they are literally on their last legs. I do love how after FOUR YEARS (one on a 7 figure deal and the other on a high six figure contract), they have suddenly decided to discuss that "this might be time for them to leave". The month their contracts are up. If Hogan and Bischoff leave, that is when I'd start to worry. Hogan is never on the ship when it goes down.

It says a lot about the perception of the company if Hogan leaves and they go off the road. Say what you want about Hogan, but TNA have built the company around him for 4 years now. He's their biggest star and the most pushed act. A bloke who only wrestled 2 times on TV. So there's going to be a massive void in advertising and on the show itself. Building the promotion about a 60 year old who never wrestles and who is a bigger name than all of their roster put together has damaged them. Hogan and Bischoff leaving isn't going to help them a single bit. They wont bring in anyone with a bigger name, because they can't create stars. They'll save some money, but where are you going to invest it? The golden carrots are all gone.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Translated:Hogan and Bischoff have spotted the iceberg and famous internet leek Jeremy Borash is spinning it to Mike Johnson that its TNA who want them to leave.

Actually, that story's by Dave Scherer who blasts Hogan and Bischoff all the time, and I mean all the freakin' time. It's almost ridiculous, really. The dude's obviously got it out for them and takes any chance he can get to sneak in a shot at them. Then again, if time and time again Bischoff called me a piece of shit online I'd probably have a grudge against him too. Still, Scherer's obvious anti-Bischoff/Hogan agenda has been very annoying to read lately.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members

Scherer is the worst. I'm surprised he's still around. He's a Mark Madden, Bob Ryder type. A relic agenda ridden journalist from the late 90s, who has no credibility. Jason Powell is great, though. He reported pretty much the same story, and just reported the facts, instead of jarring twatty opinion into it.

I always feel like I'm coming off as a right bitter cunt in regards to TNA, but I'm really not. Its just a shame to see the number 2 promotion struggling and so many people in the company looking out for themselves for so long. And seeing all those people lose their jobs over such a mad experiment is an even bigger shame. Seeing them go under would be pretty horrendous for the business. Maybe going back to a studio location and getting Jarrett back into it will steady them. One thing about Jeff, he's a super hard worker. Borash is also a massive asset. They have some good people working there, but things just seem a mess right now.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Scherer is the worst. I'm surprised he's still around. He's a Mark Madden, Bob Ryder type. A relic agenda ridden journalist from the late 90s, who has no credibility. Jason Powell is great, though. He reported pretty much the same story, and just reported the facts, instead of jarring twatty opinion into it.

I always feel like I'm coming off as a right bitter cunt in regards to TNA, but I'm really not. Its just a shame to see the number 2 promotion struggling and so many people in the company looking out for themselves for so long. And seeing all those people lose their jobs over such a mad experiment is an even bigger shame. Seeing them go under would be pretty horrendous for the business. Maybe going back to a studio location and getting Jarrett back into it will steady them. One thing about Jeff, he's a super hard worker. Borash is also a massive asset. They have some good people working there, but things just seem a mess right now.

Controversy creates cash?

Not a lot of TNA's venue booking makes sense. I dare say it has already been mentioned in this thread, but for years it has come to Glasgow and failed to sell out the small Braehead Arena (circa 5,000 capacity). As such it makes little sense to book the Hydro Arena (circa 10,000 capacity) for the 2014 show, other than to create the perception of being a big time production that is capable of selling out or at least getting close to selling out such a decent venue. I anticipate the big black curtains will be out just like the Manchester Arena shows.

The Hydro can be transformed into a 4,000 seater, and also I was told that in a bid to drum up interest, several acts were given the Hydro for free so they would bring their shows their. TNA being one of them.

Not a lot of TNA's venue booking makes sense. I dare say it has already been mentioned in this thread, but for years it has come to Glasgow and failed to sell out the small Braehead Arena (circa 5,000 capacity). As such it makes little sense to book the Hydro Arena (circa 10,000 capacity) for the 2014 show, other than to create the perception of being a big time production that is capable of selling out or at least getting close to selling out such a decent venue. I anticipate the big black curtains will be out just like the Manchester Arena shows.

The Hydro can be transformed into a 4,000 seater, and also I was told that in a bid to drum up interest, several acts were given the Hydro for free so they would bring their shows their. TNA being one of them.

I'd imagine any venue can be transformed to a smaller capacity venue; the point I was making is why bother booking such a venue when a venue that is naturally smaller (Braehead Arena) has sufficed in the past (and proven too large).

I suppose you might answer my question with the point of free use of the venue. I'm surprised that TNA has been provided with this offer. That's from a "fan" perspective - I expect the reality lies in their UK tour promoter's relationship with the venue. Eg that promoter may have been offered a slot of 5 free events at specified off peak dates and slotted TNA into one of them.

• Paid Members

At least TNA are looking to end this moronic experiment. The fear, despite the cuts, is they still had their head firmly up their own arseholes and would continue to see if they could make the road work for them - it's perfectly clear it's a complete failure (or the way they were attacking it).

On Hogoff, I think it's best for all concerned if they pair of them clear off. Both have their strong points, but it hasn't made TNA enough money to warrant their sizeable contracts and all the baggage that comes with them. I think the company will miss Bischoff more than Hogan, because Easy E has done wonders for their production; just look at how things were pre-Bischoff, he's done well for them. Still, hasn't made any difference to the money they are making, granted that isn't all on them, but both men will get a gig working for the big leagues and it's where they belong. I want to see Hogan in WWE, not being cool in front of an arena that's 1/10 full.

I'd love TNA to try some new blood with new ideas. It's clearly something TNA is bankrupt of, seeing as they're sacking their 8th attempt at the nWo and are now doing current WWE storylines. IMO it was a big part in what made the mid-90s/early-00s so exciting, you had fresh young folk like Bischoff/Heyman/Russo coming in and having varying degrees of influence over what we were seeing on TV. In the way those three men got the 90s, it would be nice to see somebody that has a handle on what's hip these days. Of course, I have absolutely no idea where you find these people.