Fatty Facesitter

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Right, finally!

WWE CLOSES ITS DOORS.

3:30:00

We open to a sold-out Madison Square Garden for this three and a hour half spectacular. Howard Finkel is in the ring.

15669366.jpg

Fink welcomes us, "“for the final time, to World Wrestling Entertainment!"”, cueing the start of a more up-to-date version of that brilliant Kid Rock video package they used to show in 2002.

Following the video, Mr. McMahon is in the ring, his Champions – John Cena, Alberto Del Rio, Curtis Axel, Dean Ambrose, AJ Lee, and The Shield – on the apron. Jim Ross, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler are our commentators for the night. Vince begins to speak:

“"Ladies and gentlemen, I am not here in this ring to address rumours. But what you have heard is true; after tonight'’s show, WWE will close its doors. Hang up the boots.… You know, we have a saying we like to include in our shows. Then, Now, Forever. We all have memories of Then. We are all here Now, in person and at home, and we thank you. And WWE WILL be forever, I’'m damn sure of that.

I have brought our WWE champions out here tonight because there’s something I want to say to them. They have a chance to carve a place in history as the final champions in this company, but they will all defend their championships tonight. John, Alberto, you will compete first in a title unification match! The winner will defend their new, Undisputed Championship in our main event, the final match in WWE.

Curtis and Dean, you will be part of a 20-man Battle Royal featuring Superstars past and present, and both your titles will be on the line. The winner will not only become the combined Intercontinental and United States Champion – he will be granted a place in the WWE Hall of Fame!

AJ, you'’ll defend your Divas Championship tonight against Natalya and a mystery opponent in a Triple Threat Match. And The Shield! The Hounds of Justice…! You can be the last-ever WWE Tag Team Champions if you survive tonight’s first-ever Triple Threat Tag Team Turmoil!

Oh, and one more thing. Three hours from now -… YOU'’RE ALL FIRED! Now get out of my ring!”"

They do so. He turns to the audience.

"“Each and every one of you is FIRED! I'’m Vince McMahon, dammit, and I’m still the b-“"

GLASS SMASH.

DB6A5304-9CED-5ABB-7F9EFC4D6C542DD1.jpg

Stone Cold Steve Austin is here! Vince does his gulp thing.

Austin gets into the ring and grabs a mic. “"Vince, Vince, Vince, Vince, Vince… you just listen to Stone Cold."” He pauses a second, and looks like he’'s about to speak again, when ...

STUNNER! Austin Stuns McMahon one more time! He celebrates, and this would be the point we go to ads, but we’'re not having ads tonight, so we cut to a preview of tonight's matches - not just the title matches already mentioned, but also Undertaker in action, a Survivor Series match with teams led by Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes, and CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar in a steel cage.

-

3:15:00

It's the Undisputed Championship Unification Match - John Cena vs. Alberto del Rio.

Cena and ADR put on a great little match, with Cena winning by pinfall to become the WWE AND World Heavyweight Champion! He will defend his new Undisputed title in tonight'’s main event – but against whom?

Cena_WM29_Exclusive_314x177.jpg

-

2:55:00

A short video package plays of vintage WWF, from the time before the national expansion. Bruno Sammartino, Pedro Morales, Bob Backlund and so on. We come back from the video to find Triple H in the ring with a microphone.

"“Madison Square Garden, please welcome one more time, Mr Bruno Sammartino.”"

7dd0f74f76e6fbc80e105f60d21e9580.jpg

Bruno comes out to meet Triple H, and each puts the other over as one of the greatest of all time. “"You’'re number 1,"” Bruno says to Triple H. “"Bruno, man, you’'re number 1,"” refutes Trips.

“IRAN NUMBER ONE!” comes a voice from the top of the ramp.

It'’s the Iron Sheik! He waddles down to the ring, bringing with him a lunatic-looking Bob Backlund, who, as they get to the ring, claims that he and Sheik are the exemplars, the paragons of classic WWE, not some Aye-talian!

Bob and Sheik get in the ring to celebrate. Bruno and Triple H look at each other. "“No disrespect, guys,"” begins Triple H, “but…” Bruno clobbers Sheik and gets him in a submission. Trips Pedigrees Backlund out of his shoes. They raise each others'’ arms as the crowd cheers approval.

-

2:45:00

A video plays with the announcements of the final class of the WWE Hall Of Fame.

Paul Bearer, the legendary manager!

Sting, the biggest star to never appear in WWE!

Jim Johnston, the man who writes the music!

Kurt Angle, the Olympic gold medallist!

Kane, the mainstay!

The Big Show, the other mainstay!

Rey Mysterio, the ultimate underdog!

John Cena, the face of modern WWE!

The Rock, the Great One!

Triple H, the Game!

Randy Savage, the legend!

The Ultimate Warrior, the other legend!

20130213_LIGHT_HOF_C.jpg

It'’s also announced that the Hall of Fame will be combined with the WWE Warehouse, Fan Axxess experience and video vaults to become a physical presence, in a new state of the art visitor attraction, the Sports Entertainment Museum – a permanent home for the history of the business when WWE itself is just a memory. Probably put it in Orlando or somewhere.

Backstage, SmackDown authorities Booker T and Teddy Long watch approvingly, when Mick Foley gatecrashes, uttering a cheap pop as he enters. Booker asks what'’s under Foley’'s arm, and Foley reveals the Hardcore Title belt he was given many years ago. "“You know what?"” Booker says. “You'’ve just given me a great idea. For one night only, I’'m reactivating the Hardcore Title, AND the 24/7 Rule. Dig that? And that’s effective, right… now!"”

Booker clobbers Foley and pins him to become Hardcore Champion! He offers a celebratory Spinaroonie, but as he does so, Teddy has grabbed the title belt! Once Booker emerges, he gets a belt to the face and goes down. Teddy pins him, and HE becomes Hardcore Champion!

"“It took me 20 years, but finally, Theodore Long’'s a champion. B’le dat, playa!”" he says as he struts off.

03.jpg

-

2:40:00

While all of that was going on backstage, they were busy putting up a cage. But not just any cage - –it’'s the Old School Blue Cage! And because we won'’t be getting it at Summerslam, it'’s… CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar.

Punk-Lesnar.png

It'’s a bloody, brawling battle inside the cage for these two, with Lesnar using his Octagon experience to his advantage. Punk is brutalised, with nowhere to escape to except up,… which he does, eventually, somehow dropping a huge elbow on Lesnar, giving him enough time to get to the door (this is a blue cage with a door). But who is there waiting for him?

Paul Heyman, who does his best to prevent Punk from going anywhere. Punk responds by dragging him in, hitting the GTS, and getting the hell out. Punk wins! Punk wins! Lesnar is up by this point, and now Heyman is the one trapped in the cage with the beast. Lesnar is mad. Heyman is there. Therefore, Heyman gets definitively F5ed and Lesnar stands defiant.

-

2:20:00

We get a short video package of the Rock n'’ Wrestling era, showing the first few WrestleManias and all the big characters of the time. And Hasbros.

Backstage, JBL is sitting in the old APA office with Ron Simmons and the Million Dollar Man. They'’re taking bets on the winner for the Intercontinental US Hall Of Fame Battle Royal, which is up next. Teddy Long swaggers up, showing off his title belt. The three look at him. JBL gets up, and says to Teddy, “"I’'ve always wanted to do this”", before Clotheslining him to Hell. 1, 2, 3, new Hardcore Champion! But he'’s got to get out there for the Battle Royal. DiBiase gets up to let JBL out, but wait!

Everybody has a price, and for an unspecified amount, JBL sells the Hardcore Title to the Million Dollar Man, who is the new Hardcore champ! Ron has only one word to say to that…... damn.

Out in the ring, it’'s time for the Battle Royal. The entrants:

Curtis Axel, the current Intercontinental Champion.

Dean Ambrose, the current United States Champion.

Mark Henry (“"17 years in WWE, Henry’s got to want that Hall Of Fame spot"”)

The Miz, a former WWE Champion.

Sheamus, a former WWE Champion.

Daniel Bryan ("“he'’s desperate to get one more championship to his name"”)

Making his return to WWE, Goldust, a former Intercontinental Champion.

Rob Van Dam, a multi-time former Intercontinental Champion.

Chris Jericho, the first Undisputed Champion.

William Regal (“"he wants to be England'’s first Hall Of Famer!” “Not even Lord Alfred Hayes can claim that honour!"”)

Dolph Ziggler, a former World Heavyweight Champion.

Making his return to WWE, Val Venis, a former Intercontinental Champion.

Making his return to WWE, MVP, a former United States Champion.

Santino Marella, a former Intercontinental Champion.

JBL, a former WWE Champion.

Making his return to WWE, Carlito, a former United States Champion.

Making his return to WWE, Honky Tonk Man (“"the self-proclaimed greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time"”)

Making his return to WWE, Tatanka ("“looking to follow Chief Jay Strongbow into the Hall Of Fame"”)

Making his return to WWE, X-Pac (“"a mainstay during the 1990s, he'’s the former 1-2-3 Kid, the young underdog turned intelligent veteran"”)

And finally…

DDP%20and%20Jake%20the%20Snake.png

Accompanied by DDP and Scott Hall, it’s Jake '‘the Snake'’ Roberts! His final chance for redemption, for recognition, to prove he has finally beaten his demons, once and for all! Jake the Snake is back!

The action starts, and straight away Santino goes for the Cobra, aiming for Honky Tonk Man. Honky, however, has spotted this, and unfortunately for Santino, Honky hadn'’t put away his guitar yet. He smashes it over the Cobra, and eliminates Marella. A little bit of dancing, but not too much, because shortly afterwards, Jericho eliminates Honky.

Meanwhile, X-Pac'’s cornered Ziggler with kicks, and follows them with a Bronco Buster as Menry eliminates Miz (“"that'’s what I do!"”) and Sheamus eliminates Curtis Axel. Henry continues by chucking out Val and and Carlito, while a dazed Ziggler walks straight into a Clothesline from Hell, and then a Lionsault, and then a Five Star Frog Splash. Goldust then rubs himself all over Ziggler, before propping him up for Shattered Dreams. It'’s not been Dolph'’s best day.

Sheamus gets rid of Tatanka, and Ambrose is eliminated by Daniel Bryan, before Menry isolates Jake, who up to this point hasn'’t bumped and has only thrown punches. Jake gets thrown into the turnbuckle and splashed, causing him to drop down and roll out under the ropes, where DDP helps to recuperate him with a bit of yoga. Henry then eliminates Dolph, while Regal chucks out Goldust and RVD kicks X-Pac out. Hall consoles Pac on the outside, they have a handshake and off goes the Kid.

Down to the last 10 now, and things are heating up. Bryan and Jericho are having a submission battle in the middle of the ring, and Sheamus gets rid of JBL and MVP. Ziggler has, by this time, recovered slightly, getting up and back into the ring ("you've been eliminated, Dolph!" "I think he's a little dazed") only to be knocked over the top again by a Brogue Kick. He'’s gone. Again. It really hasn't been his best day.

Regal, meanwhile, is suffering at the hands of Henry -… that is, until the good old brass knucks come out. Power of the Punch to Henry! Two! Three times! And… Henry'’s eliminated! Regal did it! He waves to the crowd, but then gets eliminated by Bryan as Jericho ends it for Van Dam. Ziggler, who somehow hasn't been sent to the back yet, is determined to show off one more time. He attempts a Zig Zag on Jericho, but it's countered into a Codebreaker, sending him over the top rope for a third and final time, really and truly this time, I mean it.

The two technicians team up against Sheamus, eventually forcing him out. It’'s Jericho vs. Bryan now… - or is it?

No! Jake’'s back in it! He never got eliminated! And he’'s brought his snake bag with him! He goes after Jericho and Y2J bails, he’'s having none of this snakey business. Jericho eliminates himself! “"I'm a huge rock star, I don'’t need need this!"” he can be heard to cry as Bryan tries to sneak up behind Roberts.

No chance. DDT! DDT! DDT! Bryan is picked up and thrown out! Jake ‘the Snake’ Roberts has done it! The unified title AND a spot in the Hall of Fame! Redemption! Jake is visibly moved as DDP and Hall join him in the ring to raise his hand.

-

2:00:00

Triple Thread Tag Team Turmoil is up next.

The rules: Three teams compete at any one time, but only two wrestlers are in the ring at any one time. When a team is eliminated, another takes its place. When it’s only the final three teams remaining, it’'s one fall to a finish.

It starts off with Tons of Funk heading to the ring, followed by The Usos. Then some familiar music hits. It'’s their dad! And he’s brought Scotty 2 Hotty with him!

All three teams get in the ring. They look at each other. This can mean only one thing: DANCE OFF.

tons-of-funk.jpg

rikishi-dancing-usos-650x365.jpg

scotty2hotty_display_image.jpg

Which, after each team’s had a bit of a go, descends into a brawl, with Rikishi and Scotty gaining the advantage, and Brodus tasting the Stink Face. Scotty hits the Worm on an Uso, but after tagging Kish back in, it’'s “"sorry, dad"” as Jimmy and Jey eliminate Too Cool.

Next up…

bushwackers_display_image.jpg

Bushwackers! (“They’re not exactly Demolition, but they’ll give it their best shot!”) They get in the ring. The Usos eliminate them. They get out of the ring, and then things get serious, as the Tag Team Champions enter through the crowd with Dean Ambrose. One Roman Reigns Spear on Tensai later, Tons of Funk are out of the running.

"“OH YOU DIDN’'T KNOW?"” The crowd goes nuts to see the New Age Outlaws, back together one more time. Road Dogg does his spiel on the way to the ring as the Shield and the Usos battle it out inside. The Outlaws safely bide their time, not tagging in until they'’re forced to when Reigns and Rollins eliminate the young Samoans.

The nostalgia trip continues when some VERY familiar music hits…

Hardy%20Boyz%20thehardyboyz7.jpg

The Hardys are BACK! Now that was unexpected, and they get stuck straight into the action. Bodies are flying everywhere, with Rollins and Jeff diving all over the shop, when Billy Gunn isn'’t using his strength to chuck them around. The numbers game ends up proving its worth once again, though, and some timely Ambrose interference gets rid of the Outlaws. There'’s only one team left, but no music is playing. Instead, we cut backstage.

“"D-Von? GET THE TABLES!”" Bubba-Ray-Dudley-again-for-one-night-only is on screen, addressing the men in the ring. “"Matt, Jeff, you know what to do. Ladders! The two greatest tag teams in WWE history will do it one more time, TLC style. Shield, we’'re coming for you!"” And down come the Dudley Boyz, who have made the final round of Tag Team Turmoil a match where tables, ladders and chairs are legal!

It’'s obvious how the final fall goes. Reigns spears people through tables. Rollins eats a 3D through a table. D-Von gets a Twist of Fate off a ladder and does that shaky body thing he does. Jeff Swantons off a ladder onto Ambrose. Bubba eats a Shieldbomb onto some chairs. And so it goes for several action-packed minutes, with the Shield coming out on top. They did it, and retained the titles to remain WWE'’s final Tag Team Champions!

"“Believe in The Shield!"” they yell into the camera, the debris of the match strewn across the ring.

-

1:45:00

We get a short video package of the New Generation Era -– Razor Ramon, Diesel, British Bulldog, Crush, Lex Luger, Yokozuna, and of course, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels all feature heavily. In the ring, Bret and Shawn, who has brought out Scott Hall, X-Pac and Kevin Nash with him, can be found standing together. They each have mics, and take turns to talk about their accomplishments, their rivalries, their demons, Montreal and their making up. On a night like tonight, everything is put into perspective, and when it comes down to it, Mr WrestleMania, the Showstopper, and the Best There Is, Best There Was, and Best There Ever Will Be, are here, one more time sharing the ring.

"See ya, guys," Shawn says, as the Kliq leave the ring posing... "“Bret,"” Shawn adds as a conclusion, “"I have just one more thing to add, man to man.… I'’m sorry. I love you"” and he goes for Sweet Chin Music on Hart! Hart ducks, takes Michaels down, and tries for the Sharpshooter! Michaels gets out of it, and it’s a stalemate! They stare each other down… and embrace, finally equals.

"“It was all Earl Hebner'’s fault anyway,”" we hear one of them whisper as they leave the ring to join their mates.

ShawnandBret_display_image.jpg

-

1:35:00

The lights go out in the arena and the gong sounds. Lightning strikes and the ground fills with mist (“"I'’ve got goosebumps"” - "“so has everyone here tonight, I assure you"…”). The Undertaker walks down to the ring, and he has a mic.

“"For twenty three years, The Undertaker has been a part of WWE. I have faced everyone there is to face. I have seen everything. But tonight, it all ends. This will be my final match. There is no Undertaker without WWE ("“and I daresay there’'s no WWE without Undertaker"– - "he'’s synonymous with this company!"”) After tonight, The Undertaker, like the WWE, will Rest...… In…”..."

“"We'’re here…”"

RAW_1051_Photo_082.jpg

Shock and awe in the arena as the lights go out again and The Wyatt Family enter. Bray Wyatt gives off his usual style of promo on Undertaker before sending Rowan and Harper after Taker, with one added surprise -… his newest Family member… - Kane.

“"Welcome home,”" Bray says to Kane, hugging him on the ramp, before sending him down to the ring where the Family are dismantling Undertaker. Kane looks conflicted, but Bray takes the opportunity anyway to inform Taker that he will be the Dead Man'’s final opponent. "“I will retire you, Undertaker, and the last image these people will see of their Phenom will be your prone body, broken and battered on the mat, with Bray Wyatt standing tall.”"

Taker'’s hand reaches out for Kane… - will he answer? Of course he will! Kane turns on Harper and Rowan, smacking them all over the place and sending them reeling. Taker recovers and together the Brothers of Destruction annihilate the members of the Family. Kane brawls to the back with them as Wyatt himself slides into the ring. The bell rings, and we have a match, which is surprisingly even, with Bray holding his own against Undertaker… but one Chokeslam and Tombstone later, it’'s the Undertaker who is finally victorious.

Bray bails, leaving the ring to Taker. His music plays one more time, and on the screen, we see that The Undertaker will become part of the Hall Of Fame. A top notch video package plays with a career retrospective of Undertaker, charting his WWE career from start to finish, taking in the Streak, the gimmick matches he competed in, his best opponents, his various costumes over the years, and all that sort of thing. It’s a brilliant package, and when it ends, the whole crowd are on their feet, and they give Taker a sustained standing ovation. One of those ones that lasts about ten minutes, because if anyone deserves that, it’'s the Undertaker.

z115585186.jpg

After some time, Taker kneels, does his gesture, and lightning flashes again. It goes black for a second, and when the lights come back...… he'’s gone.

-

1:10:00

On a lighter note, The Million Dollar Man is sauntering around backstage with his Hardcore Title, watching and scoffing as Fandango is taught some new nifty moves by Rico, making an unexplained cameo appearance. DiBiase runs into Randy Orton. "“Randy Orton, the Viper!"” he exclaims. "“Million Dollar Man, Hardcore Champion."” "Viper? Yeah, that’'s what they call me now. Apex Predator,"” replies Orton, "“but once upon a time, I was the Legend Killer..."…” Boom! RKO to DiBiase! 1, 2, 3, Randy Orton’'s the Hardcore Champion!

But not for long! He turns around to be faced by over 7 feet of the Great Khali! Khali chops Orton down and somehow manages to get a three count to become Hardcore Champion himself. Natalya, who is with Khali, congratulates him, and jumps up to give him a kiss. In his eagerness, Khali is toppled by this, and Natalya'’s fond embraces are interpreted as a pinfall attempt...… 1, 2, you know where this is going...… Natalya just beat Khali for the Hardcore Title! She looks shocked, but there'’s no time to process it because her match is up next! She tells Khali to look after her newly-won title until she can pair it up with the Divas Championship, and off she goes, leaving everybody in a slight state of bemusement.

Following those shenanigans, we get a short video package showcasing the Attitude Era. Austin vs. McMahon, crazy storylines, Rock and HHH, Mick Foley, etc.

AJ Lee makes her way out to the ring for the Triple Threat match. She’'s defending her title against Natalya, who'’s next out, and…

Lita! Lita! AJ’'s idol is here, and will be looking to become Champion one last time. The match itself is a great little Triple Threat, with Natalya providing the technical side of things while AJ and Lita attempt to out-fly each other. The Black Widow is eventually applied, and Lita taps. AJ retains the title, and gets a handshake from Lita at the end of it.

Mae Young then stands up from her front row seat and is helped to the ring by Finkel. She congratulates AJ and says that she'’d like to formally hand the title over to her. AJ accepts, and gives Mae the belt. Big mistake, because Mae whacks AJ with the title, and puts a foot on her chest. “1, 2, 3” she counts to herself, takes the title belt, and off she goes,… because if Vince can'’t give her that 100th birthday match she wants, she’'s taking the Divas Championship home instead.

4388587_orig.jpg

-

1:00:00

Backstage, Natalya’ has the Hardcore Title belt back, and lies down on the locker room floor to do her post-match stretches. What she doesn’'t see is Daniel Bryan following her in. He missed his IC/US title chance earlier, this is his moment…... a quick 1, 2, 3 later and Daniel Bryan just got the Hardcore Title! He sprints out of the room and the camera follows him all the way to the car park, where a vehicle is waiting for him. He climbs in, rolls down the window and shouts “"YES! YES! YES! I'’M THE CHAMP! YES! YES! YES”!" until he'’s out of earshot.

Next up in the ring, it'’s a special showcase Survivor Series match, with Team Sandow taking on Team Rhodes.

Damien Sandow is out first, bringing out his team of Big Show, Jack Swagger, Ryback and Wade Barrett.

Cody Rhodes then comes out, and he’s got a score to settle with Sandow. He explains the choices for his team…... his former nemesis, returning from injury, Rey Mysterio!

His former tag team partner, Ted DiBiase Jr!

A man he has the utmost respect for, the veteran -– Christian!

Cody hands the mic over to Christian, who explains to his peeps that when Cody called him up, he still needed a fifth member for his team tonight. So Christian called an old friend...… Edge!

Edge takes the mic and says no, he'’s not wrestling tonight. He’'s still retired. But back in the day, he and Christian had another old friend, and he’s still very much active…...

KurtAngle001.jpg

KURT. FREAKING. ANGLE. IS. BACK.

So, we have Damien Sandow, Big Show, Jack Swagger, Ryback and Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes, Rey Mysterio, Ted DiBiase, Christian and Kurt Angle.

Show eliminates DiBiase first, before Mysterio evens things up by taking down Ryback. Barrett'’s next to go, but then Mysterio and Christian are both eliminated. It’'s down to Sandow, Show and Swagger vs. Cody and Kurt.

Angle takes on Big Show, and manages to hit an Angle Slam for a three count. Swagger quickly tags in, and for the first time in the match, the two amateur standouts face off. Lots of lovely mat wrestling ensues, finishing with the trading of anklelocks, which naturally, Angle wins. Sandow then gets in the ring, and Kurt tags in Rhodes to settle that score. Which, of course, he does, in emphatic fashion, hitting Crossrhodes after an impactful final stretch. Cody Rhodes and Kurt Angle are your survivors tonight!

-

0:40:00

Music plays. But it can’'t be…... can it?

hqdefault.jpg

Oh yes, it can. It'’s EVOLUTION. All four of them. They'’re here, and they'’re all suited up. “"Me again,"” says Triple H, once they'’re in the ring, receiving the adulation. “"In the early 2000s, we four were unstoppable in WWE. The past, the present and the future of our business."” Each member of the group gets a little bit to say, and they then introduce our final flashback video package of the night, showcasing the 2000s and the modern day -– lots of Cena, but plenty of the rises of Randy Orton and Batista in there too, the various guises of HHH during this time, and the retirement of Flair. We cut back to Evolution for a raising of hands, before they announce it'’s time for the main event of the evening!

-

0:30:00

John Cena is out, Undisputed Champion, to defend the title one final time. He still doesn'’t know who his opponent will be, but after tonight’'s events so far, it could be anyone.

"If you smell…... What The Rock...… Is cooking…"

rock%20article%20pic.jpg

"“It'’s The Rock!” “We’re going to get the rubber match!”" cry the announcers, clearly very excited by the prospect of Rock-Cena III. But Rock'’s not in his wrestling gear. He has a mic, though, and he explains that tonight, he’'s just here to referee. Cena’'s opponent tonight is the only man other than the Rock who can call himself a Great One…... "Ladies and gentlemen, the IMMORTAL…..."

DA-NA NA-NA NA-NA-NA NAAAA….

hogan.jpg

HULK HOGAN! HULK HOGAN! HULK HOGAN! It’'s going to be Hogan vs. Cena, with Rock as the referee! The three icons of WWE, together in the ring at the same time!

cenahogan.png

The match itself is basic sports-entertainment at its best, from three masters. You can imagine how it would go, all you need is the result. Hogan wins. Yep. Hulk Hogan defeats John Cena to become WWE'’s last Champion. Hulkamania will run wild forever.

AfAfterwards, Hogan grabs a mic to thank John, Rock and every Hulkamaniac out there on the planet Earth. He'’d also like to thank this man, without whom, none of them would be here…...

-

0:10:00

A video plays celebrating Vince McMahon, declaring him to be the final entrant into the Hall Of Fame, and showing his contributions to wrestling and achievements throughout his life.

There is much applause. Vince’'s family lead him out to the ring, where Hogan, Rock and Cena present him with the title belt(s). Vince is overcome with emotion. It all comes down to this.

The entire roster, past and present, performers and backstage, all congregate around the ring and lead a standing ovation for the Chairman and for the company they built.

vince-mcmahon.jpg

It is still continuing as we see Vince, surrounded by family, friends and employees, hoisted onto their shoulders, with the whole of the Garden applauding, while wiping away tears. This has been a WWE production. The ring bell ding-ding-dings one last time. Fade to black.

• Paid Members

I've planned mine but haven't had time to start it. I may not get it done til the weekend now. I'm really sorry, it's been an arsehole of a week in terms of free time. It is coming, even if I've had like ten of the same fucking ideas as HG!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
How's yours been coming along, UC? I'm assuming Nick's back from his holiday now?

Been talking to him via PM, got some of it done but it's a way off being finished thanks to my schedule becoming inexplicably packed lately. Hoping to have it done soon.

• Paid Members

Had hoped to get it done today but I've blitzed through half of it and desperately need a break. Sorry it's taken so long, guys. Coming very soon.

EDIT: Monday evening and I'm on match 7 of 10. Still coming soon.

LAST EDIT BEFORE POST: On match 10 of 10 having added in loads more segments. Words are starting to lose meaning. Almost there.

• Paid Members

Right. SO SORRY it took so long, but it's done. And it's got so many sodding pictures I've gotta split it over THREE SODDING POSTS. And it's probably full of continuity errors and spelling mistakes. Ah well. Here goes nothing.

WWE's final show

THE BACKGROUND

It's September 2014. Wrestlemania XXX has been in the books for a while, and all the dream matches lived up to expectations - Punk beat Austin in a gritty but fun brawl, Cena took Undertaker to the limit before succumbing to a jumping Tombstone, Triple H and Shawn Michaels escalated to an epic trade-off of finishers and kickouts before HBK took the narrowest of wins, and in the main event, Brock Lesnar ascended back to the top of the mountain, downing The Rock with an F5 to win the WWE Championship. It was a rousing success, and broke their buyrate record comfortably.

But then, things went wrong.

Some schmuck got fired from NXT and sued for unfair dismissal. In the trial, WWE and the McMahons had their names dragged through the mud as a ton of long-running issues were dragged into the public eye - the private contractor vs employee issue, the blind-eye-turning that's marred the integrity of the Wellness Policy and its 3 strikes system, and all the other skeletons in the closet. Long story short, Vinny Mac couldn't beat the system again, and the precedent was set for a ton of payouts. This led to revelations that despite a string of successful Wrestlemanias, WWE were actually in pretty poor shape financially. Twitter, forums and news sites went insane as rumours started to circulate that the writing was on the wall.

That Sunday, Night of Champions went off seemingly normally, but with a slight sense of unease in the air. John Cena retained the WWE Championship in a rematch with Lesnar from Summerslam thanks to interference from CM Punk, seeking revenge for Lesnar's assault when the Paul Heyman Guys imploded two months earlier. Triple H, as expected, defeated Curtis Axel for the World Heavyweight Championship, matching with now-seemingly-redundant rumours of a unification storyline being the long game for Wrestlemania XXXI.

The next night, the game was up by the time Raw kicked off. The headlines all read "WWE to close down", and Mr McMahon wasted no time in confirming it.

Vince_Mic.jpg

He'd rather go out on a high than let it fizzle out, so on Sunday 19th October, Hell in a Cell will be replaced by a free-to-air show on NBC. WWE will present its last ever show from Madison Square Garden, simply called "WWE". Every title will be defended by way of open challenge, every big name who can still go will be invited, and if they have to end it, they'll end it right.

The weeks pass and things are pretty nuts. No fewer than SEVEN teams come forward to challenge for the Usos' tag titles, leading to Mr McMahon making a TLC match: The Usos vs British Ambition (Adrian Neville and Oliver Grey, on the up for the whole year), The Primetime Players, Rob Van Dam and Rey Mysterio, The New Age Outlaws, Kane and the returning X-Pac, and of course, the Hardys and the Dudleys. Christian is named guest referee with Edge to be at ringside. US Champ Cody Rhodes is on the receiving end of some mind games from his brother, leading to a long-teased match being set in stone. AJ Lee, the longest-reigning Divas Champion ever (Women's title doesn't count), has her claims that she can beat any diva in history put to the test with a mystery opponent gauntlet match. Triple H demands that Ric Flair be at ringside for the final defence of Big Gold, then does something that's never happened before (in this reality) and asks the WWE Universe to choose his opponent - and they resoundingly respond with "YES! YES! YES!"

And of course, when Cena's in the ring talking about how we wants the ultimate challenge to take on for the last match in WWE history, the lights go out. GONG.

Elsewhere, Punk and Lesnar are signed to an Extreme Rules match, Intercontinental Champ Fandango will take on anyone who steps forward on the night, a promo from Vince is interrupted by "HERE COMES THE MONEEEEEEEYYYYY" leading to a massive 7-on-7 Team Shane vs Team Vince tag match (with captains Shawn Michaels and the returning KURT ANGLE, as well as the reuniting Shield including Money in the Bank holder Dean Ambrose), and as seems to be the way with the big matches here, The Rock has a promo of his own interrupted

Archived