The Best Match of 2012

Ronnie

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Awards Moderator

Spoiled for choice here! I went for Undertaker vs. HHH for the drama and emotional investment. Pure story but a brilliant one.

Of the others, Storm vs. Roode was a glorious brawl, Cena vs. Lesnar unbridled, beautiful brutality, Bryan vs. Sheamus and Cena vs. Punk and Sheamus vs. Show just cracking wrestling matches, and I've heard constant praise for the Shield TLC match but I haven't actually seen any of it yet.

• Paid Members

Had to go for The Shield vs. Ryback and Hell No TLC. I've never immediately downloaded a match to watch again before but this one was just such an awesome brawl. So many great spots and I was shocked that The Shield actually went over.

• Paid Members

I watched Lesnar-Cena for the fifth or sixth time just prior to Christmas and I was still engrossed. It was gritty and both men played their roles perfectly - Cena lived up to the "never give up" slogan on his t-shirt and Lesnar was the terrifying monster who came across as posing a true, beyond-wrestling danger to Cena. I haven't watched it for the last time, either.

There's barely a fanny hair between some if the others, but Brock/Cena wasn't getting touched for me this year. Like Ronnie, I've watched it five or six times and the drama is just fantastic every time. Both guys worked exceptionally hard, Cena proved himself as usual, and the blind fury in response to the result from some corners the next day was a cherry on top. Hogan moments don't come along much in the modern era, but when they do, it's only Cena that can do them. He was fucking incredible. We were crying and hugging in chat when he got the 3. I'm off to watch the match now.

• Paid Members

Yes, Cena vs Lesnar was incredible. Just an amazing feel to it. It will probably walk this. But let's see some love for Sheamus vs Big Show please. That was tremendous, fantastic wrestling action. The closing moments were blinding. Sheamus has had a shit-hot year between the ropes.

• Paid Members

I've not watched as much wrestling as I intended over the last year but I did see all but two of those matches and it's Cena vs Lesnar for me as well.

Everyone's pretty much said what I would have said, better than I would have said it. Just a really intense, violent match. Reminded me a lot of the Sting vs Vader matches with the long beatdown and Cena selling, then the fiery comeback. Both played their roles perfectly. Tremendous.

Spoiled for choice here! I went for Undertaker vs. HHH for the drama and emotional investment. Pure story but a brilliant one.

I also voted for The Undertaker vs. Triple H for that reason. My second choice was Cena/Lesnar at Extreme Rules.

Really like the picture in Ronnie's opening post.

• 2 weeks later...

From the ones I've seen Sheamus vs Show stood out the most and is the one I'm most likely to rewatch in the future. It didn't have the amount hype surrounding it that some of the others did but it stole the show it was on and actually made the title and the feud itself seem bigger than it was built as. I'd call that good work. Like Big Show's matches with Henry a year earlier it felt like a proper heavyweight battle with two big men who can certainly work 'big' but are not afraid to bump and take power moves. Only thing that could have made it better was to have it actually inside Hell in a Cell.