FutureShock 62! Sunday Oct 7th! Stockport Guildhall!

An exceptional show from top to bottom tonight. You had the distinct feeling that everybody on the roster had a point to prove and prove it they did. A bit of something for everyone on the show from comedy to out and out wrestling brilliance. There wasn't a point where the show dragged and I, for one, can't wait to see where everything goes next. Took a couple of friends that had never been. We're already planning our return for November. Davey Who?

"Rip her flaps off!"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Misc Trivia

This show featured the first ever meeting between the Grand Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Champion and the XWA Heavyweight Champion when Martin Kirby took on Johnny Phere!!! On neutral ground, Futureshock's Guild Hall too. Who said we can't all work together? :)

So yeah. Only my third FSW show after attending the two previous shows with Davey/Jack. I'll be honest as you could tell from earlier in the thread my personal draw for this show was the re-rematch but Rob convinced me to still go to the show anyways as the money had already been paid and the card did look decent enough. Futureshock management actually went out of their way to apologize about the situation and were nothing but true professionals about it. I cannot say enough good things about them as they didn't even have to take the time talk to us about and offer their sincere apologies.

Now as far as the show itself. I've only ever been to the July 2011 show and last months Supershow and I have to say that this was the *BEST* FSW show I've attended and this card hands down beat last months (minus that main event but.... Yeah).

Banks and Bodom had a very solid opening contest. Bodom showed he could wrestle on the mat with Banks and also managed to exchange some pretty harsh chops with Banks. This match did a lot more to solidify Bodom as the guy warranting all the hype so early in his career as he really does look to have a bright future ahead of him. The 8-man tag was great and a lot better than the one on the supershow IMO. Loved the dynamic with The Models and the Blackpool Blondes not getting along and that ultimately being the reason for their downfall. A fair amount of innovative stuff thrown in here, stuff that is a staple in 6/8 man tags and then making certain tag spots into a multi-man affair.

MOTN honours to me went to April/Nikki. This was the match I was looking forward to most after Davey/Jack and it did deliver. Nikki Storm is such a fantastic character and heel and really, really got herself over with the Stockport crowd. April is for my money the best female wrestler in England right now and these two had a great match, one in which I would again say topped the August counterpoint. Those running dropkicks to a seated Nikki Storm in the front row were a fantastic visual. Rayne and Travis had a really good encounter and Trav really was keen to impress in what was either his FSW debut or return after a long absence. Dave really has carved his own little niche into promotions in the North West. Kirby/Phere was decent, but so much of a shock to see a heel Kirby especially with face Trav earlier in the card, but he made it work and he was incredibly entertaining. Phere is still yet to win me over.

Cyanide/Valour was the only weak part of the card, but it wasn't without it's own merits. I now believe a Cyanide/Collosus big fat man wrecking crew tag team would be money. And the main event was a great ending to the night and a close second to MOTN. It had that main event atmosphere and feel, some incredible moves and moments and Stixx managed to slot right into the main event without it feeling forced.

The best FSW show I've personally attended and while I'm definitely attending Davey/Jack III, if there's a strong enough card, I know the drive would be worth making for another FSW show that doesn't need an import.

What was the tone of the Travis / Rayne match like? And what was the finish?

It was quite a serious match on the whole, not many laughs. Lots of good strikes from both, one bit that stood was when Travis kicked Dave over the top rope into the ring. Dave Rayne was behaving like a prick throughout, first by using a kid as a shield to block an attack from Travis and then later he took the glasses off the referee and hid them, seemingly for no reason so later the ref couldn't count a fall when Travis had Rayne beat. He used a similar stunt at the end of the match to hit a lowblow and the DV8 on Travis to get the victory.

I've seen Jack a fair bit over the years and every time he seems 10x better than last time (especially since dropping the Toxic gimmick) but last night you could tell he was out to prove he can give the fans just as good a match without Davey and he managed that and then some. I really wish Jack wasn't some pasty looking scrawny ginger kid because his look is the only thing that holds him back he should be taking dates in Japan and the States as much as Doug.

So yeah. Only my third FSW show after attending the two previous shows with Davey/Jack. I'll be honest as you could tell from earlier in the thread my personal draw for this show was the re-rematch but Rob convinced me to still go to the show anyways as the money had already been paid and the card did look decent enough. Futureshock management actually went out of their way to apologize about the situation and were nothing but true professionals about it. I cannot say enough good things about them as they didn't even have to take the time talk to us about and offer their sincere apologies.

Now as far as the show itself. I've only ever been to the July 2011 show and last months Supershow and I have to say that this was the *BEST* FSW show I've attended and this card hands down beat last months (minus that main event but.... Yeah).

Banks and Bodom had a very solid opening contest. Bodom showed he could wrestle on the mat with Banks and also managed to exchange some pretty harsh chops with Banks. This match did a lot more to solidify Bodom as the guy warranting all the hype so early in his career as he really does look to have a bright future ahead of him. The 8-man tag was great and a lot better than the one on the supershow IMO. Loved the dynamic with The Models and the Blackpool Blondes not getting along and that ultimately being the reason for their downfall. A fair amount of innovative stuff thrown in here, stuff that is a staple in 6/8 man tags and then making certain tag spots into a multi-man affair.

MOTN honours to me went to April/Nikki. This was the match I was looking forward to most after Davey/Jack and it did deliver. Nikki Storm is such a fantastic character and heel and really, really got herself over with the Stockport crowd. April is for my money the best female wrestler in England right now and these two had a great match, one in which I would again say topped the August counterpoint. Those running dropkicks to a seated Nikki Storm in the front row were a fantastic visual. Rayne and Travis had a really good encounter and Trav really was keen to impress in what was either his FSW debut or return after a long absence. Dave really has carved his own little niche into promotions in the North West. Kirby/Phere was decent, but so much of a shock to see a heel Kirby especially with face Trav earlier in the card, but he made it work and he was incredibly entertaining. Phere is still yet to win me over.

Cyanide/Valour was the only weak part of the card, but it wasn't without it's own merits. I now believe a Cyanide/Collosus big fat man wrecking crew tag team would be money. And the main event was a great ending to the night and a close second to MOTN. It had that main event atmosphere and feel, some incredible moves and moments and Stixx managed to slot right into the main event without it feeling forced.

The best FSW show I've personally attended and while I'm definitely attending Davey/Jack III, if there's a strong enough card, I know the drive would be worth making for another FSW show that doesn't need an import.

Yes ive got to echo this they looked after us well, when in fairness they didnt have to :thumbsup:

We try our best to start on time at each show, being well aware that technically Sunday is a school night,

G-man, Mark and Damien headed to the ring at roughly 6.15 however. We did not want to start until the extra chairs had been found and everyone seated,

We apologise if the late start caused any inconvenience to you.

Only one individual asked for a refund *cough* Cobystag *cough* and for the record here, as Coby has stated we at FutureShock were more than happy to offer him a refund, we just asked him when he initially contacted us to try through Skiddle as his first point of contact. He'd purchased through the site and Skiddle physically had his money.

We did issue him a refund at the show and we were touched by the gesture and support he showed when he then offered the money back. We suggested he spend the money on some merchandise... his reply was to give back the ticket money AND buy merchandise. Very class act there Mr.Stag and we are glad you attended and enjoyed the show!

That was indeed a class act thing to do. Kudos that man.

Archived