FutureShock 62! Sunday Oct 7th! Stockport Guildhall!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck. I knew it was going to be tight as soon as I realized it was the day after Rahway. Sorry but I'm going to have to contact you in regards to a refund as strong card or not, Davey/Jack III was *THE* draw for me to make the over hour drive.

I've just realized how much of a dick i sound by saying thats unlucky, but to be honest having that happen at such a time itself makes it unlucky. But like i said i expect you'll find a good replacement for Jack to wrestle and i hope the show still goes fine.

I'm sorry to hear it's not happening for everyone who was going.

But selfishly I'm quite glad, as I'm out of the country for work at the moment so I was so gutted to be missing Davey Jack 3 after seeing their first 2 classics live. So hopefully when the rematch does happens I will have a bit more notice to plan and organise work so I will be able to keep the date clear and see it.

I know FCP want Davey back to do Davey vs Trent III to decide who wins the series and I'm sure someone else (Southside perhapse after he went over so well last time) would want to have Davey on their show so maybe he could come over for a full weekend of shows in the future.

Can't blame Futureshock, they were trying to give everyone the match they want but just couldn't quite make it happen this time. Jack can fight Zack for number 1 contendership in the meantime, and that will be a great feud and to be honest I think buidling up to the rematch on the next few shows would make Davey vs Jack III mean more when it finally does happen.

EDIT: Not happy about no refund, but me and a friend are still gonna come along to this by the looks of it. I hope you pull off something special to make it worth it.

Why can't you get a refund?

I'd expect Futureshock to offer the option based on the fact they do seem to know it's the fans that make them and keeping them sweet can only be a good thing, but personally I wouldn't ask for one because you always buy a ticket to wrestling shows and expect "card subject to change" because at any time someone could be injured or anything like that and when it comes to someone like Davey who has a history of these things then I half expect this to happen anyway. In fact I said it a few times in the days since Davey was announced it wouldn't surprise me if he had to pull out.

Thats not to say if you buy a ticket on the strength of one name you deserve to be disappointed but the way things work with imports having close bookings and potential for injuries you do have to be prepared for the event of a cancelation. I bought tickets to infinite promotions debut hoping to see Gallagher v Mason and when it didn't happen you just accept it and enjoy the rest of the show, same for 1PW with X-Pac (though the fact 1PW even managed to keep Road Dogg & Nash was impressive). The only exception should be when a company brings in a worldwide star like HBK, or Austin and they have to pull out. Obviously those shows are marketed more for that appearance than the actual wrestling, but Davey Richards is not someone who would carry a show in the UK to a huge crowd all on his own.

If I was free on Sunday I was going to give the show a miss on the strength of the card as nothing on there really jumped out at me until they announced Davey and Jack. Like Coby said earlier in the thread Davey Jack III is 'The Draw' for him (as i'm sure it would have been for many others) and was what made him buy a ticket and invest in the time and petrol money to drive the from Yorkshire to see the show.

I expect there were quite a few extra tickets shifted for the show after that one match was announced and if if the match wasn't going to happen Futureshock should have been prepared to offer refunds to those who clearly went for primarily Davey vs Jack.

I know for a fact Southside offered refunds when Billy Gunn had to pull out earlier this year and Rev Pro did the same when Nash pulled out at their Troxy show, so although the card is always subject to change, I think it's not uncommon for many promoters to offer refunds if they lose their start attraction.

If I was free on Sunday I was going to give the show a miss on the strength of the card as nothing on there really jumped out at me until they announced Davey and Jack. Like Coby said earlier in the thread Davey Jack III is 'The Draw' for him (as i'm sure it would have been for many others) and was what made him buy a ticket and invest in the time and petrol money to drive the from Yorkshire to see the show.

I expect there were quite a few extra tickets shifted for the show after that one match was announced and if if the match wasn't going to happen Futureshock should have been prepared to offer refunds to those who clearly went for primarily Davey vs Jack.

I know for a fact Southside offered refunds when Billy Gunn had to pull out earlier this year and Rev Pro did the same when Nash pulled out at their Troxy show, so although the card is always subject to change, I think it's not uncommon for many promoters to offer refunds if they lose their start attraction.

True. But like Cobystag said we are not getting one so here we come FutureShock lets have a great show :thumbsup:

It's my understanding that the reason they aren't offering refunds is because the tickets were bought with Skiddle, which only refunds tickets in the event of cancellation.

It's a good site to guarantee the promoter doesn't do a runner, but does highlight a problem when something like this happens. Yes the rest of the card looks good but a number of people will have bought solely on Davey Richards. I would hope that Futureshock will offer another way of compensating these people who would not have attended otherwise.

Edit: Just to make clear, I am not after anything myself as I did not buy a ticket for this show due to the short notice, but I would have based on the title match if I didn't already have plans.

Results....

Josh Bodom bt CJ Banks

April David bt Nikki Storm

Notourios B.A.D & Wristlock Rovers bt the Models & Blackpool Bumboys

Dave Rayne bt Kris Travis

Jonny Here bt Martin Kirby

Cyanide bt Si Valour

from what im told before main eveny Gibson was dissing Richard saying fsw had got a flight booked etc and Gallagher said Richards was after more

Archived