FutureShock 62! Sunday Oct 7th! Stockport Guildhall!

Isn't a half hour delay classed as starting early for a British show? I've waited outside in the rain for over an hour after the start time at some shows.

I missed my train and then while on the subsequent train had to wait an additional twenty minutes at Oxford road because..."we are just waiting for another member of the train crew to arrive" so that the show starting a bit late worked out very well for me :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We try our best to start on time at each show, being well aware that technically Sunday is a school night,

G-man, Mark and Damien headed to the ring at roughly 6.15 however. We did not want to start until the extra chairs had been found and everyone seated,

We apologise if the late start caused any inconvenience to you.

I was held up at work and only got there for 10 past 6, so it was the opposite for me! :thumbsup:

Only one individual asked for a refund *cough* Cobystag *cough* and for the record here, as Coby has stated we at FutureShock were more than happy to offer him a refund, we just asked him when he initially contacted us to try through Skiddle as his first point of contact. He'd purchased through the site and Skiddle physically had his money.

We did issue him a refund at the show and we were touched by the gesture and support he showed when he then offered the money back. We suggested he spend the money on some merchandise... his reply was to give back the ticket money AND buy merchandise. Very class act there Mr.Stag and we are glad you attended and enjoyed the show!

That was indeed a class act thing to do. Kudos that man.

No, no kudos needed for me. The kudos was all to FSW for their professionalism and the fact that they didn't really have to offer me a refund at all seen as it was my own choice for feeling I was only going for that one match. In the end FSW more than made up for the fact Davey wasn't there and they delievered a fantastic show, fully show casing how hard working and talented our English talent is right now.

I've already been speaking with Rob in regards to November with it being the last FSW show of the year. While I like FSW themselves do want to see Davey/Jack III, I can now easily say a FSW show with a stacked card can live up the hype, import or not.

I can't believe how shocked some people are the show was so good without imports I was at some of the shows when they didn't even use top level British guys. When the shows relied on Dave Rayne, Chris Egan, Dom Travis, Jack Domino, Jamie Flint, Carl Lewis, Simon Valour etc to be the top draws and the undercard matches were 99% trainees and a battle royal every so often to showcase newer trainees that wern't ready to have as much focus on them yet and they still put on good shows. Obviously the shows are better using top talent from around the country (they're top talent for a reason) and the ones who are still around from that time are much more experienced and polished performers but they have NEVER needed an import to put on a good show, they just need one for the publicity boost. I was pretty much expecting Davey to pull out and when it was announced he had I never considered not going because I know that Futureshock will never disapoint.

On October 7th 2012 The American Wolf Davey Richards, the current FutureShock Wrestling Champion, was scheduled to appear at FutureShock 62.

The flight arrangements, given Richards was booked for Ring Of Honour on Oct 6th, were demanding. But a price was agreed and Davey was announced for the event.

ON the evening of the 5th October (Uk time) Richards informed FutureShock management via e-mail that he wouldnt be getting on to the scheduled flight out of Newark unless his agreed fee was nearly tripled.

This demand could not be met and Davey refused to appear until enough money was put together to make the trip worth his while. He did however agree to film and send a promo to be played at the FutureShock event on the Sunday.

Despite numerous emails about the video over the weekend the promo video wasn't sent by Richards until 630pm UK time. 3o minutes after the FutureShock Event began.

Rather than the quality video FutureShock were expecting, potentially filmed backstage at ROH instead we received a 4 part video filmed on an Iphone in Daveys living room. The video had to be cobbled together on the fly and was only ready, albeit in a sub-par state by the very end of the live event.

Due to the rushed nature no one from FutureShock management had time to pre-view the video.

The promo itself says little of what was discussed about how any future stories might be booked but instead talked openly about Richard's opinion of FutureShock and its management being small time, with Davey talking openly about how the promotion "refused" to pay his fee.

We only put this online now so that those not in attendance at the event can see just why so many of those that were now have bitter sentiment towards Davey Richards.

Archived