Back to back goals from same bloke.

air_raid

• Paid Members

Easy.

koko_1348994a.jpg

Henrik Larsson - Celtic 6 Rangers 2, August 28, 2000.

The game itself kick started Celtic's domination of the noughties after Rangers 9-in a row team were disbanded, Martin O'Neill's first match against Rangers and 2 tremendous strikes from the King

As Ian Crocker says, That is sensational.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is one memorable, but painful one for me as a spurs fan..

Darren Bent - Sunderland 3-1 Tottenham.

Darren-Bent-misses-a-pena-001.jpg

After leaving spurs in less than friendly terms, The ridiculously over priced forward, Bent scored his first goal against us in less than a minute! How? i hear you ask? After Gomes parried away a shot by another person who just left spurs, Frazier Campbell.

After this, Kyle Walker gives away a pen, handling as he tried to clean up after another ex spurs players shot - Steed Malbranque. Bent scores his second.

Hat trick was on the cards twice later in the game too.. Spurs giving away another two pens, these times though, Gomes saved the both of them!

Horrible to watch, but one thats really stuck in the mind.

michael-owen-s-fa-cup-final-winner-against-arsenal-300-612601887.jpg

Owen against Arsenal, FA Cup Final 2001, had 80 minutes of my mate going "You're shit" as Arsenal relentlessly battered us then Owen popped up with a poachers finish from a corner, then went into Sky Plus 30x Fast Forward Sprint Mode to burn past Lee Dixon and bury it for the winner, Fucking Magic

• Paid Members
Owen against Arsenal, FA Cup Final 2001

That's one that was actually crossing my mind last night as I mused over Owen going to Stoke, and in particular the sound bytes Clive Tyldsley delivered afterwards - "he has won the cup for Liverpool... ALL BY HIMSELF!" and "that is surely the end of the story" referring to Owen and Liverpools season of beating all in their paths in knockout football. He'd scored 8 in 4 at that point, he was incredible.

Venkman, why did I get it in my head you were a Villa fan? Please accept my humble apologies. No one deserves that slander.

Owen against Arsenal, FA Cup Final 2001

That's one that was actually crossing my mind last night as I mused over Owen going to Stoke, and in particular the sound bytes Clive Tyldsley delivered afterwards - "he has won the cup for Liverpool... ALL BY HIMSELF!" and "that is surely the end of the story" referring to Owen and Liverpools season of beating all in their paths in knockout football. He'd scored 8 in 4 at that point, he was incredible.

Venkman, why did I get it in my head you were a Villa fan? Please accept my humble apologies. No one deserves that slander.

Well I did slag hypocritically slag Spurs off and accuse you of being bitter over a game that hadn't happened yet so I'd say we're even

That being said, I did watch us away at Villa about ten years ago in the Holte end, I'd been out til 4 the previous morning and bought the ticket about 8 that morning, so me and my mate who happened to be wearing blue shirts were allowed in whilst the one Villa fan with us couldn't get in as he was wearing a red shirt, oh the irony (thankfully there was a blue jumper in the car and he was allowed in once he put that on)

Easy.

koko_1348994a.jpg

Henrik Larsson - Celtic 6 Rangers 2, August 28, 2000.

The game itself kick started Celtic's domination of the noughties after Rangers 9-in a row team were disbanded, Martin O'Neill's first match against Rangers and 2 tremendous strikes from the King

As Ian Crocker says, That is sensational.

That piece of commentary has been used in so many clips and adverts over the years. It always makes me burst with pride. That chip the King scored is one of the finest goals you'll ever see.

In fact, it's impossible to watch the highlights of that game without grinning from ear to ear. I was 11 and I can remember grown men with tears of joy in their eyes. The fucking roar that blasted across the stadium when Paul Lambert put us 3-0 up after only 12 minutes will stay with me forever. I have heard a lot of loud celebrations but I honestly think that is the most mental I've ever heard any stadium go. The sky was the limit that day. It was more disbelief than anything.

Archived