Fantasy Football 2012 /13

PWalsh

• Paid Members

30 points with Kagawa and Naismith still to play, then Terry, Cole and hopefully Cahill.

Poor week really, good team, only one of my starting 11 was in a losing squad (that'll be 2 after tonight) and I still only came out with 30. City's defending was abysmal at times yesterday and its cost me, Graham unable to get on a scoresheet when seemingly everyone else did for Swansea and starting Bale as captain over Lennon has cost me about 8 points as well.

Can only hope for next week or I'll be wild carding early.

Brought Rooney in to replace Torres mid-week (still in gameweek 1). Had a change of mind, and was told I'd be deducted 4 points for changing again - even if changing back to Torres. So I stuck with Rooney and he got injured after about 20 minutes. Cheers. Guaranteed Torres scores a load and sets some up as well now just to rub salt in the wounds. Don't understand why you can swap your transfers before the first game has kicked off with no penalty but not now. It serves no purpose other than to get people to not make any transfer before Friday night/Saturday morning.

It does serve a purpose. You can make 1 free transfer a week. If you make that transfer, each additional transfer (even if you want to put the original player back) costs you 4 points per transfer. You're given an opportunity to confirm your transfer in case you change your mind. Once you've done that it's too late. Makes perfect sense to me.

Except you can fanny around with your transfers before the first game of the season is kicked off, and do so willy nilly. If Man U haven't played Fulham yet, what's the harm in me saying 'hang on, after more thought I reckon there's a chance Rooney won't even start' and put Torres back in? I wouldn't have done it if I realised you couldn't change it back like you could before the season started. It only serves to make everyone do their transfers on the Friday night or Saturday morning. I like to see what the squad looks like and go back to it rather than having to make provisional changes to my side every time I want to assess it. I was torn between putting Torres back in (which was my most likely option as it would mean I would have saved a transfer for next week, in which I could take both Chelsea players out in one swoop) or put Graham in. And Torres did score and get an assist too.

• Paid Members

It is somewhat countered by the fact the value of the players change as people buy and sell players if you wanted to have brought in michu by hanging on you would have had to pay an additional 0.3 million to buy him. Also if they allowed people to switch and switch back it some people would probably try to use it to gain value for players through switching players back and forth to bank price rises.

I guess that makes sense. But they should at least give an option to have a 'work in progress' side. I'm having to print screen my possible squads so I don't have to keep fannying around changing my current squad to the ones I'm considering. I'm considering using a wildcard already which is a sin. I'm not doing awfully, but I feel that move has fucked me up because I'm now left with an injured Rooney that I decided not to have.

Jesus Christ, stop whinging you fanny. Everyone plays by the same rules, and of all the years I've been playing this is the first time I'm hearing someone whinge about such a basic and credible rule. Where would the challenge be if you could change your players willy nilly without consequence? You may as well not have a value for any player and have a complete free for all.

Yeah, two wildcards a season is more than enough if you need to change your squad around completely, I think. One of the reasons I stopped playing the metro game is that the values don't change as the season goes on, so there's no real reward for picking the best players from the start. The reason you get unlimited transfers right up to the start of the season (which most online fantasy games do) is so those who sign up early aren't penalised by last minute transfers and the like, because the server would probably be fucked if that wasn't in place and everyone all waited until the eve of the first game to register their team.

EDIT: Another decent week for me overall, on 45 with Toure, Tevez and Zabaleta still to come plus bonus. I think Eden Hazard is going to be essential this season, so I'm sticking with him when Chelsea don't play next week. I expect us (Sunderland) to rearrange the Reading game for a week on tuesday/wednesday, so keep an eye out for that because our players could have a double game week. If so, I'm doing Torres > Fletcher.

I understand why the transfers are how they are at the start of the season. I realise I was whinging, but it just annoyed me that I was helpless.I got so used to tinkering with my side pre-season that I carried the habit over. I'll know for next time.

Very profitable week for me, playing my wildcard so early on actually paid off as Ivanovic, Torres and captain Hazard scored me 43 points between them - unfortunately I'm going to have to sacrifice 4pts this week as I had Harte and Pogrebnyak from Reading and can't afford a week where five of my players are out, especially after the same happened last week (I bought Sunderland's Johnson and Fletcher immediately upon their signing, sure that we would see a great debut out of the two with the former setting up the latter for a headed goal, and Mignolet was my first choice 'keeper).

Think I'll stick Michu as my captain and perhaps aim to bring in a City player with them playing QPR at home - can see that being a thrashing.

Archived