Smackdown Spoilers - filmed 7th Aug

Big Rob

Smackdown opened with GM Booker T coming out and requesting Sheamus apologize for taking Alberto Del Rio's car on Raw. Del Rio showed up and said he wanted to press charges. Booker announced Sheamus vs. Alberto would take place tonight, yes, two weeks before the PPV, for the title.

*Sin Cara defeated Cody Rhodes.

*Christian defeated Antonio Cesaro but was laid out after,

*Randy Orton pinned Jack Swagger with the RKO.

*Backstage, Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins demanded more chances. Booker told them they didn't look like they could handle it after losing to Ryback on Raw.

*Jinder Mahal won a handicap match. Ryback hit the ring and ran off Mahal, then destroyed Mahal's opponents.

*The Highlight Reel with Chris Jericho only featured Vickie Guerrero as Dolph Ziggler wasn't there. Jericho ripped on Vickie until Dolph hit the ring from the crowd and laid out Jericho with a shot from the Money in the Bank briefcase.

*The Primetime Players defeated Primo and Epico by DQ. No Rosa.

*Booker T set up Eve Torres vs. Kaitlyn for next week and the winner becomes his assistance.

*Rey Mysterio pinned WWE Intercontinental champ The Miz in a non-title bout. They did a dark segment where HHH came out and nailed Miz with a Pedigree after.

*Daniel Bryan cut a promo about Summerslam, leading to Kane's arrival. AJ came out and demanded Bryan shake hands with Kane and Bryan kept saying no. They brawled and AJ loved it.

*Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio never took place as Sheamus was attacked by Del Rio and some hired goons. They went off the air with Sheamus being laid out.

Booker announced Sheamus vs. Alberto would take place tonight, yes, two weeks before the PPV, for the title.

*Backstage, Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins demanded more chances. Booker told them they didn't look like they could handle it after losing to Ryback on Raw.

*Jinder Mahal won a handicap match. Ryback hit the ring and ran off Mahal, then destroyed Mahal's opponents.

*Booker T set up Eve Torres vs. Kaitlyn for next week and the winner becomes his assistance.

*Rey Mysterio pinned WWE Intercontinental champ The Miz in a non-title bout. They did a dark segment where HHH came out and nailed Miz with a Pedigree after.

The bits i've left in the quote are the reasonsi wont be watching Smackdown. Pushing Cara over Rhodes is wrong (in my opinion, the guy will never be over or have a good match in WWE), i also would have liked to see Cesaro beat someone like Christian, Reks and Hawkins being told they cant handle anything is WRONG WRONG WRONG, Jinder Mahal being on TV is wrong, girls fighting to be an assistant is boring and wrong and finally Miz losing yet again but this time to drug free Tubz Mysterio. Why even make Miz the IC champ?? He won his first defence then he has been beaten 3 times since. Pointless.

This is all just my opinion though.

*Daniel Bryan cut a promo about Summerslam, leading to Kane's arrival. AJ came out and demanded Bryan shake hands with Kane and Bryan kept saying no. They brawled and AJ loved it.

I know its silly question but why is AJ on SD!

Glad Ryback has a feud but why didnt they do anything with him and Mahal on Monday? Like have Mahal cost Ryback the match or something, then we'd see some development with him. I personally am coming around to Jinder, have quite liked him in recent weeks.

Sounds interesting show, personally I dunno what they are gonna do with Cody Rhodes, he doesnt really have a direction now, I'd be worried! Just needs a feud to get him on track.

The Intercontinental Champ is cursed, Christian lost all the time, now The Miz, why cant people feud over the belt and the champion look dominant or else win sneakily and underhanded!

Sounds interesting show, personally I dunno what they are gonna do with Cody Rhodes, he doesnt really have a direction now, I'd be worried! Just needs a feud to get him on track.

The Intercontinental Champ is cursed, Christian lost all the time, now The Miz, why cant people feud over the belt and the champion look dominant or else win sneakily and underhanded!

Agreed it wasn't too long ago that I was thinking he was ready to make the jump from IC Belt to the World Title picture, he has the talent.

• Paid Members

I know its silly question but why is AJ on SD!

Come on. My daughter could probably get that right.

Smackdown opened with GM Booker T coming out and requesting Sheamus apologize for taking Alberto Del Rio's car on Raw. Del Rio showed up and said he wanted to press charges. Booker announced Sheamus vs. Alberto would take place tonight, yes, two weeks before the PPV, for the title.

This is why spoilers are lame. Not only is he a smarky tosser but Sheamus challenges Del Rio to the match which Del Rio agrees to. Booker didnt just announce it. It makes perfect sense when watching it, Sheamus is a tough guy and fighting Champion so why not.

I thought Sin Cara vs Cody was pretty fun, Sin Cara had a bit of personality about him when he was playing with his mask and waving his finger after the match, i'd like to see these two doing more.

Daniel Bryan, what a star. His descent into madness has been hilarious and class. Hes just all around entertaining. Good stuff. I think he's almost become the Bully Ray of WWE where his losses dont really matter that much because he can elicit such a reaction from people to keep hating on him and chanting "Yes".

Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins sighting!

Jinder Mahals 2 on 1 Handicap Match was great, him doing Ryback impressions was pretty funny. Double Camel Clutch = Badass. Im liking this little feud.

Liked the Jericho/Ziggler Highlight Reel, should be a cracking match at Summerslam too!

Enjoyed the #1 Contenders Tag Team Match. I intensely dislike R-Truth and Kofi Kingston, but they were okay on commentary I suppose. They beat down AW like a Govt' Mule! Seems like this is going to be AW's last appearance...

Antonio Cesar vs Christian was a good little match. Say what you want but there are plenty of characters on SD! I think they are doing a great job of establishing people now...Cesaros fallway slam into a bridge was beautiful. Hope he knocks the fuck out of Santino for the US Title at some stage...

Not often you see 3 managers on a show aswell!

Rey doesnt look all that out of shape does he? It doesnt help to cover it up if he is by wearing a ridiculously tight vest thing.

the Sheamus and Del Rio bit was probably the most I've ever cared about the both of them in this feud, it was well done. They're both still boring as hell though

Fun show. I dont care what anyone says, I still miss this man tearing it up

mark-henry-wolrd-heavyweight-wwe-champion.jpg

• Paid Members
Booker announced Sheamus vs. Alberto would take place tonight, yes, two weeks before the PPV, for the title.

The bits i've left in the quote are the reasonsi wont be watching Smackdown. Pushing Cara over Rhodes is wrong (in my opinion, the guy will never be over or have a good match in WWE), i also would have liked to see Cesaro beat someone like Christian, Reks and Hawkins being told they cant handle anything is WRONG WRONG WRONG, Jinder Mahal being on TV is wrong, girls fighting to be an assistant is boring and wrong and finally Miz losing yet again but this time to drug free Tubz Mysterio. Why even make Miz the IC champ?? He won his first defence then he has been beaten 3 times since. Pointless.

This is all just my opinion though.

Well you shouldn't have let the report dictate your decision because it's not an accurate or fair description of the show. A lot of feuds made decent progress, some were started (i'd imagine this is leading to Miz vs Mysterio at Summerslam where Miz will win- good stuff, they have good chemistry). The opening segment was the most interesting the Sheamus-Del Rio issue has been and left me well up for them having a match later on and i thought that could lead to something a bit different at Summerslam itself, with maybe others involved. Why is Sheamus always made to apologise, so he doesn't come across as a bully?

Something ever so slightly different seems to be being done with Ryback. Only slightly though, but it's still progress and Mahal came across well. Ryback seemed pretty over too. No problems with the planting of seeds for a further Christian vs Cesaro issue. Christians a good choice to put him over. I love hoist up into impact moves and Cesaros version with the European Uppercut is glorious and should certainly be a finish. The Reks and Hawkins thing came across like they're going to come back strong to prove themselves too.

Decent show overall i thought.

PTP were great, as was Bryan. The Jericho/Ziggler thing was good -- not great, but good -- as well, should've been on Raw. I'm intrigued by Tyler Reks' previous jobs. The randomly-generated matches that are inevitable leading to rematches can fuck off, along with Kofi wearing a suit.

Did the Orton match get cut?

• Paid Members
Did the Orton match get cut?

I began to question my sanity/memory when I read the results and couldn't recall watching the match itself. Can't find anything to say why it was cut, although I'd guess it could be to a rarity of Smackdown running over.

Archived