2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members

I read somewhere that Queen's Park would be a giant of Scottish football if they laid down some of that money they get from owning Hampden and playing as "amateurs" (basically paying their players nothing). Queen's Park are hindered by that tradition shit. Too many teams are just happy where they are and don't want to "rock the boat".

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Probably just sitting in somebodies bank account right now.

However they are improving the office facilities and conference area in Hampden, as well as running that "Hall of Fame" thing there. Currently they are spending money on improving it for the Commonwealth Games in 2014.

ADDED: Don't forget that Queen's Park take a cut of all Scotland's home games at Hampden too!

ADDED AGAIN: Won't "buy" players also. So they have to rely on people coming in for free. Championship Manager couldn't quite grasp that. Somebody must have a nice wedge in their bank account.

Kris Boyd signed for Kilmarnock, didn't expect that, you'd imagine he'll bag a few before season's end.

What makes you say that? He hasn't really got on anywhere since he left rangers. He has a lot of respect for killmarnock being his first club I think he gave them some money when he left. He proBably dosen't have anywhere to go right now so playing for then till the end of the season seems agreeable.

Next predictable move say's he'll go back to rangers after the embargo is lifted. If he do's ok with killie.

Anyway killie to me don't look like a bad bet for the scottish cup.

• Paid Members
Kris Boyd signed for Kilmarnock, didn't expect that, you'd imagine he'll bag a few before season's end.

What makes you say that? He hasn't really got on anywhere since he left rangers. He has a lot of respect for killmarnock being his first club I think he gave them some money when he left. He proBably dosen't have anywhere to go right now so playing for then till the end of the season seems agreeable.

Next predictable move say's he'll go back to rangers after the embargo is lifted. If he do's ok with killie.

Anyway killie to me don't look like a bad bet for the scottish cup.

I had heard he was training at Ibrox and just assumed he'd go back there when the embargo goes, good opportunity for him to get match fit though and give back to a club close to his heart.

• Paid Members

You got to wonder what happened with Kris Boyd? All time top scorer in the SPL, but has done the absolutely total of f*ck all everywhere else, even in the MLS.

A bit hypocritical if the Rangers fans accept him back too. I remember reading that he wasn't welcome back. Lot of shite.

John Brown. :cry:

Bomber?

Indeed, and they don't seem to be happy up there. I seen that two directors resigned after it, and a decent number of supporters are pretty much disowning them.

Not so much disowning the club, but the BOD and the fact that we are not only fans owned but fans run.

Being fans run (with 3 of our 5 directors having little business experience) has caused a lot of problems, and hiring a CEO who is a PR disaster, and no clue about running a club didn't help. Most are now confident that everyone is united against Gardiner the CEO and the Board. With our supporters trust facing an EGM, which is set to be called next week also, it's going to be interesting times in the next few months at Dens, as always is.

I expect we will have Bill Colvin, a local mult-millionaire, and life long Dee as Chairman for next season, with former Utd director, and owner of Dens John Bennett as a board member. Our new CFO is capable (like our former one), and likely a new Supporters Society rep, and Business Trust rep on there with A. N. Other.

Don't think most of our support care for the league anymore now, it's all to play for in the Derby Cup Game though.

Archived