2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members

Would Walter Smith fancy the job again, he said he was up for another job when he left Rangers and did a decent job the last time.

I fucking wish. Even as a die hard Celtic fan, I'd still cream my pants if he was to be announced as our national boss tomorrow, the guy worked wonders last time, took us to #14 in the world if memory serves correct.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a two way thing! What kind of message would it send out if Levein let the guy back in? It's Fletcher's fault. He had the chance to fix it and he didn't.

The kind that shows us that he considers the success of the national side to be above any personal animosity or grudges?
So the whole squad becomes prima donnas and then fuck us over at every opportunity?
Imagine Henrik Larsson or Lionel Messi done that with a manager, and the manager refused to play him? Levein needs to fucking grow up and put success before his childish fucking antics. He's a prick, not saying they would qualify but how he got that job before Strachan or Souness I'll never fucking know. Levein hasn't won one single trophy in his managerial career and we stick him in charge of our country.

It's a two way thing! What kind of message would it send out if Levein let the guy back in? It's Fletcher's fault. He had the chance to fix it and he didn't.

The kind that shows us that he considers the success of the national side to be above any personal animosity or grudges?
So the whole squad becomes prima donnas and then fuck us over at every opportunity?
Get a grip, he simply said what the majority of the squad must have been thinking. Levein playing against the Czechs with no fucking strikers was ridiculous. He was then left out against Spain & the Faroe Islands, but then expected to come back and play against Northern Ireland in some rinky-dink tournament?Levein is the one in the wrong here, and as such should be the one sorting it out. His fucking job is on the line if he doesn't.
You knew what the whole squad were thinking? Are you Peter Houston? Gary Caldwell? Why are you bringing up the Czech Republic game? We're talking about Fletcher and Fletcher turned his back on us. No one else did, which shows you're wrong.

• Paid Members

He's a prick, not saying they would qualify but how he got that job before Strachan or Souness I'll never fucking know. Levein hasn't won one single trophy in his managerial career and we stick him in charge of our country.

Because he's boring and bland but most importantly, cheap.

• Paid Members

You knew what the whole squad were thinking? Are you Peter Houston? Gary Caldwell? Why are you bringing up the Czech Republic game? We're talking about Fletcher and Fletcher turned his back on us. No one else did, which shows you're wrong.

I'm starting to think you're on the wind up. IT WAS A GLORIFIED FUCKING FRIENDLY.

• Paid Members

Levein hasn't won one single trophy in his managerial career and we stick him in charge of our country.

On a side note, it amused me that Dundee United have a corporate lounge named after Levein. Celebrating mediocrity! :rolleyes:

I'm starting to think you're on the wind up. IT WAS A GLORIFIED FUCKING FRIENDLY.
Are you an idiot? He said he didn't want to be selected for Scotland anymore. Friendly or competitive. I take it you like being annoyed for no reason.

• Paid Members

Are you an idiot? He said he didn't want to be selected for Scotland anymore. Friendly or competitive. I take it you like being annoyed for no reason.

There was never one report of Fletcher saying that his request not to be selected was a permanent request. Fletcher has publicly said he now wants to be selected, Levein is the one maintaining that he will not play for as long as he's in charge.

• Paid Members

My bad, don't know how I missed that one. Surely Wallace would have been the better option though? Dixon's a good player but should he really be debuting in a game of that importance?

He's injured as well, at least officially. After the whole "I won't be playing anybody from the Third Division...erm...except for Ian Black" debacle I wouldn't blame him for wanting Levein to get to fuck as well.

Imagine Henrik Larsson or Lionel Messi done that with a manager, and the manager refused to play him? Levein needs to fucking grow up and put success before his childish fucking antics. He's a prick, not saying they would qualify but how he got that job before Strachan or Souness I'll never fucking know. Levein hasn't won one single trophy in his managerial career and we stick him in charge of our country.

Neither Strachan nor Souness want the job after the way they were treated when they applied before. I totally agree with them too. It wouldn't have taken much for someone at the SFA to phone and say thanks for applying but that Smith's got the job, rather than let them find out about it on the news.I've tried really hard to get behind Levein, because I don't see who else we can get, but he really is just so unlikeable. Ultra Defensive both tactically and in Post Match Interviews.

• Paid Members

First of all their are too many happy clappers that go to Hampden. Some Weegie guy behind us shouted "Levein get to fuck you speccy cunt!" and a good section of the two rows in front of us turned round and started giving the boy pelters! I don't get it, how can you be content with Levein as manager?

Obviously one fat oaf turned round with the usual; "Who would you replace him with?!?!" the boy behind replies with "Gordon Strachan!" an answer I whole heartedly agree with. The fat oaf then goes "OH AYE!!! HAS TO BE A CELTIC OR RANGERS MAN DOESN'T IT? ALWAYS HAS TO BE CELTIC AND RANGERS!!!" where the dude then started going mental about how he was Aberdeen. Haha.

It's also a sorry state of affairs when the whole stadium has to tell the manager his substitutions. He put them on much too late. Forrest and Rhodes should have come on at the 60 minute mark. They should have started in my opinion.

As much as I hate Naismith personally, I think he's a good player and wasted out wide.

Kenny Miller.... the Darren Mackie of the Scotland team!

I don't look forward to Tuesday. Long bus journey for fuck all!

I hate to say this... but I hope we don't win... It will just be another case of papering over the cracks.

Also, when will I see a goal from my team this season? WHEN?!?!?

Miller 61 games and 16 goals.

Mackie 107 game and 17 goals for Aberdeen.

I'm not Miller's biggest fan but he is miles better than Darren Mackie. I would imagine Miller does not start on Tuesday. Hopefully, we go two up front. I'm not convinced Strachan or Walter Smith are the men for the job either.

• Paid Members

Is it an unwritten rule that an SPL manager gets the national job?

The only reason I ask is that if I were the man responsible for appointing the Scotland manager in 2009 i'd have been straight on the phone to David Moyes.

You knew what the whole squad were thinking? Are you Peter Houston? Gary Caldwell?

Oh, right. Maybe the rest of the squad thought that playing the game with no fucking strikers was the way to go then.

Why are you bringing up the Czech Republic game? We're talking about Fletcher and Fletcher turned his back on us. No one else did, which shows you're wrong.

I'm bringing it up because it was the reason that Fletcher was left out of our game with Spain, and the friendly with the Faroes after that, before being brought back for the Northern Ireland game.

He made it known how he felt about the tactics used in the Czech game, and was dropped from the team to play the two games I mentioned. Most likely a wee warning shot that Levein won't have anyone questioning his tactics.

Once he had been punished he was recalled for the Northern Ireland game, at which point Fletcher told Levein to (rightfully in my opinion) go fuck himself.

Archived