WWF The Music - Vol 2

Golga

Most of the tracks were like cover version of the proper themes with the wrestlers talking drivel over the top.

I think Vol 3 will always be the best CD. Rock and Takers best themes on that one.

Thanks for reading.

• Paid Members

Volume 3 was great, all the iconic Atittude themes of the time all on one disc. Anthology is the best though if you want variety, although even that is ten years old now..!

• Paid Members

There were two versions of the CD around that time.

There was The Music - Vol 2 as mentioned

220px-WWF_Music_2.jpg

and one with the cacky name of 'We Gotta Wrestle'

1266363.jpg

I ended up with both these as presents off different people at the time. They were pretty much the same but had one or two slight differences. Think We Gotta Wrestle had a different Rocky Maivia theme and they had the Nation of Domination version with the PG-13 rapping instead of the instrumental version on Vol 2. Might have been the other way round though I can't remember.

I was pissed off at the time that they ruined Austin's theme with him talking all through it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln6T1P_cQNo

"You are completely pathetic"

Volume 3 was great, all the iconic Atittude themes of the time all on one disc. Anthology is the best though if you want variety, although even that is ten years old now..!

Yeah, featured Taker's best ever theme...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UECh7x_Q_jE...feature=related

Full Metal was pretty good too, and it contained 'All Together Now' and 'Thorn in Your Eye', which will forever be the quintessential RAW themes.

What the fuck is Mean Mark on about here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHWWWSbQvos

• Paid Members

I remember volume 4 having The Rock's theme with him talking over one bit, saying "The Rock says you can take your CD and shove it up your candyass!". I always thought that that was a nice extra for the CD buyer, because his arena theme didn't contain that bit.

In 2003/2004 when he was doing his one night only surprise appearances it was odd hearing "The Rock says you can take your CD and shove it up your candyass!" as he was saluting the crowd. Rather than be happy to see The Rock, my main thought for the segment was that the music department must have really fucked things up if they didn't have his music anymore and had to go and buy a copy of their own CD.

I remember buying a bootleg tape of all the theme musics (really it would've just been Vol 2 and 3 I think) outside the Attitude Adjustment tour at the NEC.

Fuck, I remember that! The bootleg music, rather than your specific purchase.

• Paid Members
Who had this?

51H1KX8NT4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Awful. I thought it was gonna be all the proper entrance songs and titan trons and it turned out to be just clips of everyone's entrances with crowd noise and everything.

I had this:

518SRDE5PDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Vince video is a riot.

• Paid Members
I really wanted the DVD equivalent that came out around the time of Billy & Chuck, mostly because I loved Billy & Chuck's music. Who used it recently?

A slightly-altered version was "Miss Wrestlemania" Santina Marella's theme. Don't recall it being used since then.

10f2l39.jpg

This was a strange one. First half of the CD focuses on metal/nu-metal bands and the second half kind of veers off into rap/hip hop territory. There are WCW themes and soundbites present throughout but disappointingly they're all quite short, with the focus clearly being on the recording artists. Highlights are a scintillating rendition of Seek & Destroy by Metallica, recorded at Woodstock 99 (which Sting would later use as his entrance theme) and the classic Rap is Crap by the West Texas Rednecks. :laugh: No place for the nWo theme or the original classic Nitro theme unfortunately.

n5c01.jpg

Another mixed bag. This comprised mostly of metal/rock cover tunes or remixes, some of which ECW would go on to use. There's a couple of Metallica covers by Motorhead and Anthrax,. A White Zombie remix which I think Lance Storm would use. Kilgore's cover of Walk, which was pretty decent and I think ECW ended up replacing Pantera's version with this one for live events (I seem to remember a video for this). Other covers of ACDC, Prong etc. Highlight for me is a super rare (at the time) cover of Scorpion's The Zoo by Bruce Dickinson. There's some other stuff like a Megadeth instrumental and the ECW theme. It's an interesting disc if you're a metal fan and manages to avoid most of the cheese usually associated with wrestling themes.

Cheesiest thing about it is probably the insert, in which ECW stars describing how hardcore they are, and how proud they were to have such and such performing their theme music (despite only half the songs ever being used). They were a bit like the WCW Nitro game rants in written form.

Archived